Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/31/2014: "general quirkiness"

pop-up blocker

12 years ago
I don't know if this is a bug but when I click the edit page button in the advanced editor a message comes up saying that I can't because the pop-up blocker needs to be disabled but I disabled it and it still didn't work. I tried closing and reopening the internet and restarting my laptop but I still can't edit the page. Is this a bug or is it just that there's something else I have to do?

pop-up blocker

12 years ago

that also happens to me but i don't make a big deal out of it. I just click "Allow pop-ups".

pop-up blocker

12 years ago
Do you mean the box where you type the website address and then click the button to allow pop-ups on this site? I've tried it and the blocker is set on low so it should work but even when the blocker isn't on at all it still doesn't. If you're talking about something else could you explain what it is and how to do it? Thanks for helping.

pop-up blocker

12 years ago

I use Firefox and have no problem with them being blocked, even though I actually have my pop-up blocker on.

pop-up blocker

12 years ago

It's not a bug haha. The new page technically takes you to a new site (a new URL at least) and it randomly (to your blocker) pops up when you make a new page. I've been able to adjust the blocker to where it allows these on internet explorer by going to the tools page and just playing around in the pop up settings untill I got it to work. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what I did (like I said, more playing, less fixing), but it does work for me now.

12 years ago
I didn't really think it was a bug but I wasn't sure because it still didn't work after the blocker was turned off. I'll try that and hopefully I'm as lucky as you.

12 years ago

try going to the pop up blocker in the tools section, then putting www.myadventuregame.com and www.chooseyourstory.com into the allowed sites list. If that doesn't work, put in the specific URL from the chapters and pages section of where you edit your story. Let me know if that works or if I need to clarify.