Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Veganism

12 years ago
So i got the offer today to either switch to veganism or break up with my super hot GF.... apparently she doesn't like the fact that i consider bacon one of my food groups. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Veganism

12 years ago

I would break up with her, i need an insane amount of protein in my diet to feel right. Either load up on protein powders and be called whpped for the rest of your life, or leave her.

Veganism

12 years ago

That's an ultimatum (either way you lose something you enjoy).

Whenever you get an ultimatum, in general you should always reject it, regardless of what it is. In this case that would mean breaking up with her. Otherwise she will just control you more in the future.

Or you could just say you will switch, then still eat bacon (when she's not around of course).

Regardless, never agree to it. Odds are if she doesn't accept who you are (as a bacon lover), she's just going to break up with you later on anyways over something else she doesn't agree with.

Veganism

12 years ago
Ditto

Veganism

12 years ago

It really depends what you believe in. If she would do a similar thing for you then it's just matter of whether she's worth that change in your diet. If she wouldn't (hypothetically) give up something for you, then what Killa said is pretty spot on - she'll just control you until she finds something else she doesn't like.

Also, something else I found interesting:

Veganism

12 years ago
Wow... yea. That is just a poisonous relationship, one which you really don't want to stay in, trust me.

If you really do care about her, though, what I suggest is that you talk with her firmly. Explain to her that you support her in being vegan, but its not something you are willing to commit yourself to. Let her know that you want to be with her, but that she does not get to change the way you live your life. Tell her you want to be with her, and that you hope she'll understand. If she doesn't understand, she's likely not someone you should be with, and if she does than she'll know that these stupid tricks of hers won't work on you, and you two should be able to get passed it.

That's my advice, anyway. I hope it works out for you :P

Veganism

12 years ago

so i told her off, she said she'd compromise if i gave up the following(parenthesis indicate my reaction):

Bacon; in any form (uhhh no!), red meat (COME ON), and any other kinds of meat that is not organic free range chicken, fish, or soy imitations.
the only reason i'm staying with the chick at this point is that she is open to certain suggestions if she's allowed to crack the whip a little

Veganism

12 years ago
also i should probably mention that i showed her this vid and she was PISSED. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ&ob=av3e

Veganism

12 years ago
Well she sounds like she might compromise. First thing to do is NOT piss her off. I would tell her that I am not a vegan. It is her choice not mine. Then offer the compromise of not eating meat in front of her.

Veganism

12 years ago

Sounds more like she wants you to be a vegetarian than a vegan.

Anyways in the end it's your call. Odds are she'll never do a real compromise, I mean do you really care about eating fish/soy/free range-chicken? Can any (or all) of those substitute for everything else you won't have? Unless she's giving you something you actually want in the compromise (like only bacon lol) you're getting a pretty hollow victory.

Veganism

12 years ago
I'm really just not sure, who do i love more bacon or this chick..... well, looks like i'm single again! Bacon FTW. A woman who wants to change me is one i can do without

Veganism

12 years ago
Good for you man! If she actually cares about you and doesn't want to break up. She will try and keep you. Otherwise you made the right decision.

Veganism

12 years ago

You should tell her your changing your ways, but continue to eat red meat behind her back.  Then, a couple months down the line, make an effort to smell like smoked roast around her.  She will question you, but you must staunchly deny it.  'Bout a week after, when you're at her place, leaving crispy chicken crumbs from KFC behind on her bed and all over her room.  At first, she will be confused, and then will be sure it was you.  Again, you MUST deny this.  Being that she obviously gives a damn what you think, she will believe you and take you back.  At this point, you ask her if she'd like a stick of gum or a mint or something, and then accidentally pull a strip of bacon from your pocket.  Awkward moment, and then "Oh my god, sweetie, I can explain everything!"

Veganism

12 years ago

Choose your girlfriend dude, you can't have sex with a damn piece of bacon.

Veganism

12 years ago
Wow, there's so many ways to follow up that statement, I can't decide which one to use...

1. Then he's doing it WRONG.

2. He can before it becomes bacon.

3. He could solve all his problems if he just chopped his girlfriend up, kept the sex parts and ate the rest.

Veganism

12 years ago
1. No comment

2. Yep that is a possibility.

3.Only you and your sick twisted mind would come up with that.

Veganism

12 years ago

The sex parts will start to rot, what then?

Veganism

12 years ago
Disinfectant, duct tape, super glue and lots o' lubricant.

Probably should also place the head and the rest in a small freezer when not in use.

Veganism

12 years ago

...I have a feeling you know what happened to SJEkid.

Veganism

12 years ago

Isn't he wonderful?

Veganism

12 years ago

But he's cheating on you for SJEkid's dead body.

Veganism

12 years ago

I'm in a relationship with him? That's the best news I ever got! Thank you!

Veganism

12 years ago

I'm not responsibe if you end up in a garbage can, mutilated.

But I guess I'll be seeing you more on the news :)

Veganism

12 years ago

Yeah, as the person who conquered the world. Of course, they will only say nice things about me.

Veganism

12 years ago

In order to conquer the world you need to conquer Endmaster first.

Veganism

12 years ago

Nah, I figure I'll just leave him alone unless he causes trouble for me.

Veganism

12 years ago

But what is he decides to conquer you after you conquer the world?

*Cue your masochistic nature kick in

Veganism

12 years ago

EndMaster is awesome, but I don't think he could defeat the combined militia of half the world, which is pretty much what I'm going to have. And I don't like pain. It hurts.

Veganism

12 years ago
I think you would not mind getting to be Endmasters Bitch.

Veganism

12 years ago

You know what? When I take over the world, I will only keep the people that I like. Right now, you are not one of them.

Veganism

12 years ago

Wanna guess why?

Veganism

12 years ago

Because he's cool?

Veganism

12 years ago

No, because of what he said about me.

Veganism

12 years ago
The fact you would let endmaster do anything to his hearts desire to you.

Veganism

12 years ago

I smell pedophilia...

Veganism

12 years ago

EndMaster doesn't even like me.

Veganism

12 years ago

(EndMaster, this is where you're supposed to tell me that of course you like me and you think I'm wonderful, okay?)

Veganism

12 years ago

But you would let endmaster do anything his hearts desires to do to you, and that makes you Endmaster's bitch.

But hey at least you'll survive.

Veganism

12 years ago

I'm going to do more than survive. I'm going to take over the world.

Veganism

12 years ago

Cool story bro.

Veganism

12 years ago

It's not a story. It's true.

Veganism

12 years ago

Fine then please forgive my impudence, my queen.

But I am a traitior to the Zalan Empire, for I serve the Necromancer and all the glory that death brings into this decadent society run by corrupt fools.

Veganism

12 years ago

I prefer the term "empress".

Veganism

12 years ago

Oh Nevermind, wake up and see the harsh reality of the world. Your not an empress, your a 13 year old girl striving for attention on an Internet forum.

Veganism

12 years ago

Yeah, but I will be an empress.

Veganism

12 years ago

In a world of disbelief where you belong.

Veganism

12 years ago

In this world. If you're lucky, and don't get killed, you might get to meet me on your way to the dungeon.

Veganism

12 years ago
I will never be captured alive and will commit suicide before that happens.

Veganism

12 years ago

Your loss.

Veganism

12 years ago

you guys are so entertaining!

Veganism

12 years ago

I have to agree with what most people have stated here, the fact that she gave you this ultimatum points towards you would be better off with bacon.

Veganism

12 years ago
Something tells me that bacon will treat you better :p. Anywho, I would say that if you REALLY want to stay with this girl (and I mean REALLY), then you could just pretend not to eat meat. You know, a piece of bacon here, a hotdog there, and she'll never know. But yeah, you might want to test the waters and see if she'll give up something she loves for you. It looks like she's willing to compromise, so who kmnows? Anyway, if she does actually give up something it shows that she's willing to give you the commitment you gave her, and if she doesn't it means she just wants to control you.

btw, I would pick bacon any day.

Veganism

12 years ago
lol, I'm just going to quote the thread's best post. Do this:

'You should tell her your changing your ways, but continue to eat red meat behind her back. Then, a couple months down the line, make an effort to smell like smoked roast around her. She will question you, but you must staunchly deny it. 'Bout a week after, when you're at her place, leaving crispy chicken crumbs from KFC behind on her bed and all over her room. At first, she will be confused, and then will be sure it was you. Again, you MUST deny this. Being that she obviously gives a damn what you think, she will believe you and take you back. At this point, you ask her if she'd like a stick of gum or a mint or something, and then accidentally pull a strip of bacon from your pocket. Awkward moment, and then "Oh my god, sweetie, I can explain everything!"' - Zero

Veganism

12 years ago
So i showed her all the facts about how stupid veganism is (in kinder, more complicated words) and actually the opposite happened, it seems that she actually wants to convert back to meat eating... win i guess?

Veganism

12 years ago
I suppose, I think it has bigger implications than a win though. I originally thought she was trying to control you due to her ultimatum (normally it's a bad sign, no offense to your gf), but now that she's willing to eat meat again it shows that she's willing to take your opinions into consideration as well.

Veganism

12 years ago
Good, plant the seeds of the carniverouse ways. Change her, mold her into a grand perfection, the pinnacle of bacon consumption!

Veganism

12 years ago

And then tell her you'll break up with her if she doesn't do it.

Veganism

12 years ago
Well make sure it is her choice, because otherwise she might resent you.

Veganism

12 years ago
Ummm she just ate at a steakhouse with me not ten minutes ago and she devoured a steak right in front of me..... i doubt that she's regretting it too much.

Veganism

12 years ago
Great for you dude!

Veganism

12 years ago

So she gave you an ultimatum to turn vegan or she'd leave you.

Then you convinced her meat was good.

Then she started eating meat again?

Thats awesome!

Veganism

12 years ago

You should try to convince her to eat your meat

Veganism

12 years ago
Also, what was the point in mentioning that you think she's hot? If she was plain, would you have broken up with her? Would you have started dating her? Is it crucial to this story? hahaha

Veganism

12 years ago
I got the impression he was making it all up anyway.

Veganism

12 years ago
Well, first of all, you should stop lying to the internet about how insanely hot your girlfriend is, because we're simply not buying it, nor are we buying your incredible victory over her inferior vegan ways. Holy shit, half of the trolls on this site these days are about as funny as a poorly aborted fetus. (Which is only funny on rare occasions)

Also, Endmaster I desperately want to have sex with you. See? I'm as good at trolling as NeverMind.

Also, hi everyone.

Veganism

12 years ago
Hey Your back! Nevermind has mostly reformed (Supposedly). The fetus was funny in the case above as well.

Veganism

12 years ago

I am the only random Internet person in the world allowed to want to have sex with EndMaster!

Veganism

12 years ago

You're aware that lying isn't the same as trolling right?

It's annoying that everyone just considers everything trolling now.

Veganism

12 years ago

It's the Internet, its a place of disbelief where people belong.

Trolling is just one of the fundemental structures of it.

Veganism

12 years ago

The vast majority of what people consider trolling is just people being assholes.

Very little of what is considered trolling is actually trolling.

Veganism

12 years ago

Answer to trolling.

1.) Unplug your internet.

2.) Don't plug it in again.

Veganism

12 years ago

Trolling is not exclusive to assholery.  You don't have to be an asshole to troll, but if you're being an asshole, you're probably trolling.  You can also say thoroughly dumb shit, you can tAwk leik dis 4 noh rezin, you can refer to yourself as a "random internet person;" all these things can make you a troll.  DV is troll from the old school.  He does it pretty well.  It's respectable.  But no one likes him, so he can go eff himself. 

I mean, hi DV.  We missed you ;)  Anyway, here's the logic if anyone's interested:

T= You are a Troll

A=You are an asshole

(~[{T ∨A} · ~{T · A}] · [A⊃T · ~{T⊃A}]) · L

Veganism

12 years ago

Wow, your keyboard is awesome. I wish I had symbols like that on my keyboard.

Veganism

12 years ago
Don't make me flip shit on you over msn, Zero. I totally will if I have to. Missed you too <3

Trolling used to be a respectable way to piss people off because it wasn't done in such an over-the-top, obvious manner. It was far more subtle back in "the day". (if convincing a message board that you are neither pro-life or pro-choice, but are actually pro-abortion qualifies as being subtle) People would believe every word and would go into internet rage mode. The good ol' days.

Veganism

12 years ago

Haha, I haven't used msn in years.  Pretty much since you and I talked. haha  I think I even have one or two of those conversations saved somewhere.  We discussed the merits of cruel sarcasm as a comedic art form, and we talked about the shit that kills jokes.  Bad timing, having to repeat it, or having to explain it.  Good times.  And you didn't flip shit, knee grow. 

True.  Trolling effectively is a form of art which requires a particular set of skills that, frankly, small children today don't possess.  This guy here is a proper troll: http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

Veganism

12 years ago
Hahahahaha holy shit that was awesome. Not you NeverMind, I'm using awesome as an adjective, not your alter ego. I remember reading the one a while ago where he tries to pay off a debt (or something along those lines, I don't recall exactly) using a drawing of a spider he made. I would've been rofling if that was a thing that people really did "irl".

I also recommend this if you haven't read it. He would trick people into cybering with him, then troll the ever-loving shit out of them.

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bloodcyber.html

My favorite troll will forever be Stephen Colbert. Especially considering just how many conservative folk believe he is TOTALLY SERIOUS.

Veganism

12 years ago

I'm not Awesome. Awesome is an idiot.

Veganism

12 years ago

Hahah, I remember this.  Someone in the dorms last year showed me this.  hahaha "I meditate to regain my mana, before casting Lvl 8 Penis of the Infinite"  Classic.

Stephen Colbert is hilarious.  Like Abraham Simpson said in the last episode on the Simpsons, "Well, I like Stephen Colbert, but that's because I don't get the joke." haha  But anyways, my favorite troll of all time was Socrates, hands down.

Veganism

12 years ago

They didn't even have Internet back then.

Veganism

12 years ago

And yet,  even up to the day of his death, he effectively trolled an entire society.

Veganism

12 years ago

Cool!

Veganism

12 years ago
Zero, I agree with that statement entirely.

Veganism

12 years ago
He trolled in a way that made history. Literately! But some of his ideas were good but still, just a master troll.

Veganism

12 years ago
Which should say something about his trolling.
"Why should we execute this man?"
"He committed murder"
"Why is murder wrong?"
"Because the gods forbid it"
"Why do the gods forbid it?"
The difference is his trolling was actually productive eventually. I wasn't aware people took Colbert seriously though, he's hilarious and some of what he says makes sense, but there's no way he's serious.

Veganism

12 years ago

The cyber guy is hilarious. If he's still around, I want to make an account with one of his usernames and cyber with him by copying and pasting things he said.

Veganism

12 years ago
That is so creative. I want to start housing Jews and then eventually burn the m in dungeons. Because Hitler did it :)

Veganism

12 years ago
I'd break up with her (unless she's way hotter than I imagine her to be). Only because I think it's so rude for someone else to try and force their beliefs on some other person(namely myself). If a person wants to be a vegan why should that mean I have to be a vegan? If me eating a Big Mac(or something with bacon) and you eating a salad does not entice me to switch to become a vegan, what reason do you think that I will change if you tell me to? You can be a vegan as long as you keep it to yourself.

Veganism

12 years ago
It looks like my prediction came true. If i posted about an innocent topic flame wars were sure to ensue. I apologize if i mislead anybody but i wanted to test this theory out. It seems that according to my findings veganism is in fact one of those mystical subjects that can breed hate in trolls (what doesn't these days...) anyways here is where i got the findings and i apologize if anyone's feelings were hurt, livestock sacrificed, or bacon molested.

Veganism

12 years ago
LOL! Was this just a social experiment? I didn't really see much of a flame war through.

Veganism

12 years ago
Yes, and my hypothesis was actually correct, read through the posts and look at all the hate, would have gotten more results but it seems some saw through it before long.

Veganism

12 years ago

You read Cracked too? Awesome!

Veganism

12 years ago
Really what gave it away was the fact you said "SUPER HOT" girlfriend. The second thing that gave it away was how easily said girlfriend rolled over to start eating meat again.

Would've been more realistic, if you left out the super hot part and then later claimed you had a bad argument with her after you tried to explain your case to continue to eat meat.

Veganism

12 years ago

At least it taught us what happened SEkidd

Veganism

12 years ago
Oh wow, what an unbelievably witty thing to do. You really went above and beyond there, Jplague. Great job on proving that hate exists (what hate ensued in this thread, exactly?) and great job on not making yourself look like a douchebag.

Veganism

12 years ago
Sarcasm Correct?

Veganism

12 years ago
Hate me if you want, i could care less. words hold no power over me so whatever you type cannot affect me in any way, shape or form.

Veganism

12 years ago
Obviously they do, for you posted the above.

Veganism

12 years ago

Lol, I love how me and Nevermind derail every topic.

Veganism

12 years ago
If Jplague was trolling for attention then he succeeded, but if he really was testing that Cracked article like he claims, then he failed. Nobody got mad about the imaginary girlfriend being a vegan, but more about the fact she was making ultimatums and coming off like a jerk and I doubt if anyone here was even actually mad about that.

Most of the comments were either humorous in nature, or just simple advice, not really any anger. I’d say that if there was any actual anger in the thread it was mainly directed at Nevermind whose posts didn’t even stick to the topic (as usual)and Jplague himself, but again that still didn't have anything to do with anyone being a vegan either.

Veganism

12 years ago

Other people went off-topic first!

Veganism

12 years ago
Hmm... couple of things

1.) Yes, words do affect you in some "way, shape, or form" because you posted that they don't affect you. If they truly didn't affect you then you wouldn't have cared and avoided the topic.

2.) I'm not mad that you did a social experiment, or that you lied. It's not like you're testing a cure for cancer and went "haha, sorry I got your hopes up guys but you're on the placebo so there's no way in hell you're ever gonna get better". What irks me is the way you went about it, it could have been performed much better. Because it could have been performed better, and in fact I would say you performed rather poorly, your air of mental superiority that you've graced us with here recently is unwarranted, and THAT is what I'm mad about.

3.) Unlike a few others, I wasn't convinced your case was false when you said your "super hot" gf, simply because it's in human nature to brag even if the statement isn't neccesarily true. It was the way that you typed about her (and the fact that 3J brought up the "if she was plain, you would dump her" thing, that was a good point) and how easily she went from no meat to steak dinners that made me suspicious.

4.) Your social experiment failed. The point of this specific topic is to start a "flame war", and that's when two groups on the internet band together on either side of the topic (even if one of the sides only consists of the flamer) and have a heated discussion, usually with a whole lot of name-throwing and whatever else you can do on the internet. However, the conversation never got heated, we merely posted our opinions on the matter and as the scenario developed we posted new opinions. So basically you were less of a flamer on this topic, more of a troll. If you took the topic of abortion that would be good fuel, although I view it as a pretty black and white case.

5.) Jplauge, if you notice everyone here derails a topic eventually. What you do is recognized as "feeding the troll" rather than derailing, and nobody appreciates it... except maybe Sindri

Veganism

12 years ago
I am guilty of feeding the troll on occasion.

Veganism

12 years ago

I am also guilty. We should both be lynched!

Veganism

12 years ago
Good riddance ;)