Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Post your favorite authors

12 years ago

So I decide to make this because I think people should let ovthers know about there favorite authors one my favprite is James Patterson

12 years ago

James Patterson is pretty good, but I have to go with Suzanne Collins. I love ALL her series!

12 years ago

Stephen King

12 years ago

I've tried to read him but his work just doesn't reel me in.

12 years ago
try reading The eye of the Dragon.

12 years ago
^Win, but the ending was left really open for a long awaited sequel.... that i'm still waiting for...

12 years ago

Stfean King is pretty good but I dont find his book to intrest me that well

12 years ago

Stephen*

12 years ago
Orson Scott Card,

Brandon Mull.

12 years ago

I have never heard of this authors I should check them out.

12 years ago
Oh my god You have to read Ender's game.

Brandon Mull is more of a new age author so I don't expect many have heard of him but I love his humor. Since his books are meant for 6grade and up he has reading guides in the back of his book.

In the last of his Fablehaven series the last question on the reading guide said, "Who is the coolest author ever? Is it the guy who wrote Fablehaven? If not, what's the matter with you? Explain."

12 years ago

Thats like something I would like

12 years ago
Idk my bff gill. I just read anything that's in front of me and enjoy most of it :) I guess if I had to base it off of the series that brought me the most enjoyment it would be Christopher Paulini.

12 years ago
Mikhail Bulgakov. What little I've read of Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky. Isaac Babel, too, at times.

Lots of them, really.

12 years ago

At the moment I'm really into George R R Martin, but I loved Eoin Colfer when I was younger.

12 years ago
I still have to read the most recent ASoIaF book. I read the others in quick succession in high school.

12 years ago

I'm almost done with the last one, I got the first about 6 months ago. I've been watching the series too.

12 years ago
ASoIaF is an amazing series, but almost everyone dies! I just try not to get attached to characters anymore. I think my favorite writer is Suzanne Collins, followed very closely by George R.R. Martin, followed by Orson Scott Card, followed by Christopher Paolini.

11 years ago
I also love Robin E Hobb, check him out. Has a few series, my favorite of which is Assassin's Apprentice. Really great series, about an assassin's apprentice, bit obvious. And no, it isn't ALL about him killing people. :D

11 years ago
James Patterson, I like David Baldachi, or something like that his one book called the winner. When i was younger i loved Eion Coifer, and Polini, and of course JK Rowling. Otherwise, i was told to read the game of throne series, and I like Suzanne Collins

11 years ago
Make the game of thrones, a song of ice and fire

11 years ago

Oh wait, I remember the best writer ever.

Stephanie Meyer

11 years ago
Gamebooks: Andrew Wright, Novels: Rachel Ward, Stories: Rebecca Cruze, Autobiography: Hellen Keller

11 years ago
Tony Abott for the Fiction and Rachel Ward for the Novels

11 years ago
Gamebooks: Probably Endmaster or SindriV.
Storybooks(even though Necromancer and most of HP kinda fall here): Tough call. I'd probably have to go with Tolkien, C. S. Lewis and Brian Jacques.

11 years ago

Suzanne Collins and Jodi Picoult right now are authors that I really like. Also, Dennis Lehane (though it has been a while since I've read a book by him).

11 years ago
Christopher Paolini, R.R Martin and Richard A. Knaak.