Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/27/2012: Automatically rejected as part of the FWW clean out.

SUPER advanced stories

12 years ago

It would be cool if by beating the game you unlocked new choices so it would be more fun to play games multiple times. For example if I was playing Timescape and I got to a certain ending then the next time there would be more choices I could choose from. This is the first somewhat intelligent thing I've said on this website.

SUPER advanced stories

12 years ago

... A sequel?

SUPER advanced stories

12 years ago

Although including unlockables in stories is something I'm fond of, why would the author exclude choices from readers that are playing for the first time? Does certain items the protagonist gets by completing the game enter into the whole thing? (like, you get a jetpack if you get a certain ending, and so, if you play again, you can fly with the jetpack, and then other endings have other items like...I dunno, a lightsaber or something). Does information gained from the ending factor into this (like in a murder mystery story, if you've already solved the murder, you can just play the story and point at the murderer at the very beginning). How were you thinking of having these unlockables? Because I don't think having certain options that should be available to the protagonist at anytime (maybe you see a vent, but can only crawl through it if you've gone through the story before. Why wouldn't he be able to crawl through it in the first place?).

SUPER advanced stories

12 years ago
There are two ways to do this:

1. At the end of the story, supply a password to the reader and at the beginning have them able to enter a password in (like on the tower II or do it better, since that was clunky).

2. At the end of the story, provide a link to the first page but with whatever changes you want. Tell them to save their game there and next time they play, they should load the save rather than start afresh.

SUPER advanced stories

12 years ago

SUPER advanced stories

12 years ago

cool