Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Combat System

11 years ago
How to make combat system in classic editor..i mean by adding links or making it easier to play with dice.....must needed

Combat System

11 years ago
Write combat rules on the first page, the reader must do the paperwork all by himself,

Combat System

11 years ago
But in some games,i have seen that...they make an inventory..and like if you got any gun and you take it then its automatically added to the inventory column...how...?

Combat System

11 years ago
That is only possible in advance editor.

Combat System

11 years ago

You're really hard to understand....

Do you mean if you have an item, a link appears on the page to use that item?

If so just make the link have a item restriction, where the person has to have a certain item in order to see the link.

If not I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Combat System

11 years ago

Please make an effort to post to the right forum - because this is a question regarding the classic editor I've moved it to Newbie Central.

A combat system using the classic editor would be a lot of work for little gain. "Dice rolling" can only be done in the advanced editor, unless you're counting on your reader to have a die handy and be honest with their results. There are a few posts on making a combat system in the Advanced Editor forum; I suggest you learn how to operate variables and scripting and then go from there.

If you wish to continue using the classic editor (just a heads up, the advanced editor is way better regardless of if you're using its advanced features or not) then here's how you should make a combat system: the exact same way you make a regular storygame. Provide a number of choices for your reader to make, and then write what happens when they click on those choices. Easy.

Combat System

11 years ago
thank u this is now much easier to understand