Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Whats your age...?
My is 14 and there's a long time for me to grow up one year more...
Post your age...

What's your true age

11 years ago

Lol, I'm afraid Pedobear might be lurking...

I'm 15 though.

What's your true age

11 years ago

16, 17 in a month

What's your true age

11 years ago

What's your true age

11 years ago

How about....    no

1. I don't know you that well

2. Most people will lie about their age anyway.

3. I just don't want too:)

What's your true age

11 years ago

Don't want to*

To = A destination or action. Ex: I'm going to do it; I'm going to the park

Too = More than or in addition to. Ex: That is too many; Me too

What's your true age

11 years ago

What's your true age

11 years ago

15... and a half.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Really? Damn man, if you were serious about experimenting with drugs, I have to warn against that. Your mind is still at a stage where it's developing and if you plan on experimenting with substances (not that I would ever advocate that), you should at least wait until you're fully developed. Many substances that are considered harmful by the government, aren't usually harmful to adult brains, but many substances that aren't harmful to adult brains are definitely harmful to adolescent ones.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I am going to wait to experiment with the more dangerous drugs, but things like weed I don't feel will be to harmful to my mind and body.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Good, cause I know people who try things like crack and heroin at 15 and it completely screws them up. I don't know how many of my friends are on probation and one girl I know is supposedly addicted to heroin.

What's your true age

11 years ago
"Medina’s Oct. 12 presentation, titled, “Neuroimaging Marijuana Use and its Effects on Cognitive Function,” suggests that chronic, heavy marijuana use during adolescence – a critical period of ongoing brain development – is associated with poorer performance on thinking tasks, including slower psychomotor speed and poorer complex attention, verbal memory and planning ability. "

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081014111156.htm

Seriously, man. Alcohol and weed are not good for developing brains. You've got all of your life to fuck around with drugs but unless you want inhibited cerebral function for all of it, you should probably wait until you're done developing. I don't mean 21, but older than 15.

Not that I'd ever admit to drug use in a public forum but experimentation can be a very rewarding thing, and substances can lead to some amazingly fun times, but there's just no need to do it before your mind is developed.

It's just like how kids who start lifting weights and working out while they're just starting puberty have much higher rates of back problems and bone problems due to the strains they put on their ligaments and bones because they weren't fully developed. If these kids had waited until their bodies were more rigid and adult, they would have done the exact same things and gotten stronger without the negative effects tailing them for the rest of their lives.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, and occasional use might not even fuck you up at all, but I just don't see why you'd want to risk that. I've got friends who literally did nothing else drug-wise but smoke weed while they were growing up and they literally TALK SLOWER because they can't think to the same speed as those around them. Had they waited, they could have smoked the exact same amount to no ill effect.

Also, if madglee reads this (or anyone else with a vast body of knowledge) and I have any of my facts wrong, I'd love to be corrected, but I'm pretty certain that this is the way it goes.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Don't worry man it isn't a daily thing for me, its maybe one day a week. I have only drank to the point of being drunk once and that was not a fun time so I do not plan on doing that for a while longer. The only other thing I may do before maturing a bit more would be shrooms. Thats not likely though because no one in my area that I trust or knows anyone who sells that stuff.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Don't really think you're understanding what I'm saying but regardless, I've said my piece.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Drinking age in a lot of Europe, etc. is 16 for beer/wine (except with parental permission at home, etc.), 18 for hard liquor. There's generally a reason for that. 21 is a bit overkill on drinking laws, but 16's fair.

Be careful. Even if it's once a week, stuff can affect you. Sure, there are plenty of worse things out there than weed, but...

Seriously. Be careful. 15's young yet and you -can- hurt yourself.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Personally I think 18/19 is the best drinking age, with you being allowed to drink with parent's permission at home at 16. Most people aren't fully developed until 18 or 19 (sometimes even later), and you can do a lot of damage to yourself with alcohol.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Yeah, I'd generally say 18. You're legally an adult, can smoke, etc. Definitely 18 for hard liquor. A beer at home, glass of wine with dinner? 16's fine as long as you're not a total dolt about it.

What's your true age

11 years ago
And this is what shrooms can do to you.....

(couldn't copy past)

Psilocybin (Mushrooms,Shrooms)

One other hallucinogen is psilocybin, which is produced from a type of mushroom.
Similar to other hallucinogens use of psilocybin can cause hallucinations, perception problems, nausea, vomiting, and in extreme cases, mental illness, suicide, or accidental death.

Enjoy!

Source- Health Textbook

What's your true age

11 years ago
Weird, pretty sure aging can do all of those things to you as well.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Honestly, while school textbooks don't lie to you, they do provide you with very one sided information. They only tell you of the negative health consequences of long term and some uncommon short term drug use instead of the social positives you can gain from experimenting once every few months.

I completely gave up on health classes when my eighth grade health teacher told me one cigarrete will get you addicted. Most people in the class realized she was an idiot but the fact that someone would make up such a stupid fact left a really sour note on me.

What's your true age

11 years ago
While one cigarette won't guarantee an addiction, it isn't unheard of either.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Would you like me to get the info from my textbook on cigarettes too?

What's your true age

11 years ago
Didn't really read your whole post the first time.... but your health teacher is right 1 cigarette can lead to addiction though the cravings for it wont be nearly as strong and it can easily be quit.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Notice the key word in that sentence:

"Told me one cigarrete WILL get you addicted."

She didn't say can, she said will.

What's your true age

11 years ago
O ok, then your right she is a dolt.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Does anyone actually agree with me that drugs are bad in any way?

What's your true age

11 years ago

Drugs can't formulate a thought, therefore they can't be bad. For example, if a man kills shoots someone with a gun, is the gun bad? No, it's just being controlled by someone who is bad. The drug itself can't be bad but the person who uses it can be.

Although bad is an extremely objective term so what might seem "bad" to you might seem perfectly reasonable to another.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I had a bad day today, but days can't formulate a thought. So it wasn't really a bad day, I'm just a bad person.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I see your point, perhaps I was too broad in my statement.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Either way though, that ties into the second paragraph. It might seem like a bad day to man X if he got some mud on his shoes but woman Y might have a horrible life and think that getting mud on her shoes isn't that bad.

What's your true age

11 years ago
So basically whether or not inaminate objects are consdiered "bad" is due to A.) and individual's use of that object or B.) and individual's perception of that object

What's your true age

11 years ago

Definitely man, I'm not denying that bad is a subjective term. Just the first part that needed clarification.

What's your true age

11 years ago

But I want to exercise a lot and get ninja-strong! And try all the drugs to see what they're like! No fair!

What's your true age

11 years ago
Some of you are going mad...i have just ask about your age...and you all are discussing about rough things....

What's your true age

11 years ago
lol sry man.

What's your true age

11 years ago
16 17 in two months.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I noticed a lot of us here are around the same age.

What's your true age

11 years ago
20. Will be 21 in September.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Well everyone else is doing it, lol so why not, 15 and 16 in a few weeks.

What's your true age

11 years ago
20, I see alot of people on here are younger. You know you are older when you have a nephew, and parents who are almost 60 lol. Most of my friends are actually younger, 18, 19. I have one friend who is 22, but otherwise, not any close friends i can think of.

What's your true age

11 years ago
My father already -is- 60!

Most of my friends are 20 or 21, one's 23 or 24. Two are still 19.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I'm 19. I will be turning 20 this August.

What's your true age

11 years ago
20 as of five minutes ago.

What's your true age

11 years ago

38. Listen to JJJ. I know the thinking of the teen. Frontal lobe is not even developed until 25. If I could do it all again, I'd wait, and I've tried everything. And...I deal with chemical dependency. None of that matters, really. The main thing that matter is if you can wait, it'll be worth it. My IQ was way up there, above 150 on one scale...I wonder if it's less now. i suspect so. Wait until your brain fully forms and ignore fools who think it opens the mind.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Happy birthday man!

What's your true age

11 years ago

Leon, it happens.  Chill out. haha  20, by the way.

Anyway, yes.  I agree 100% with JJJ and Madglee - you probably shouldn't expose yourself to stuff at that young an age.  Live your life, learn what you can while your brain it still developing and it's still easy to, and... I don't wanna to "wait" necessarily, because it isn't one.  It isn't like the wait to finally drive a car so you don't have to wait for rides -- it's just you living your life without drugs, and then just having them later, when they won't mess you up they way they would at an age like 15.  I had my first drink at 18, pot soon followed, and everything else came fast at 19...  I don't feel like a second of my life was wasted prior to that because of the absence of substances.

On the contrary, I'm glad I "waited" (not that I had any interest prior).  I know a great deal of people in my town who eat ecstasy like they're tic tacs, get drunk, blown, fried, whatever, like it's nothing at as young as 13.  Pretty messed up shit.  There are 16 year olds who now think they've experienced everything life has to offer.  They think their creative and intelligent minds have peaked.  They think there's nothing left to be learned or experienced.  And you know what, they're all pretty stupid. haha  I'm not saying it's causal, but they're only hurting themselves physically and mentally.

So, I'll just repeat what these guys said, haha.  There's nothing you can gain from it now, that you won't gain with a couple more years under your belt.  In fact, you will have a better experience later on.  The person you are today is not the person you'll be in 2 or 3 years.  In that amount of time you'll have grown soooo much mentally and as a person, that your understanding and appreciation of substances will be far far greater.  Trust me on this, there's a difference between taking a little of this and that to passively experience until it's over and finding your comfortable dose, where you can both function and take in everything you can from the experience, so you can bring it back with you after the chemicals have long been gone.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Happy birthday!

What's your true age

11 years ago

You're one year closer to death! :)

What's your true age

11 years ago
Happy Birthday!

One last thing on the drugs... ANYTHING that makes you dependent on it that, you don't actually need and there's even the smallest potential to ruin your life should not be taken. That view may close me off from some exciting and fun experiences but at least there's no risk for doing that.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I can respect anyone's decision to not do drugs.  However, fear that something may have just the smallest probability of hurting you or even ruining your life is no reason to avoid that thing.  It's reasonable to avoid things like shooting heroin or running across a freeway.  But not so much, if you're avoiding things like a beer with friends or using a cellphone or watching TV out of fear of radiation.  It's all risk to benefit - if you're not interested, that's reasonable; if you're afraid something bad will happen, then perhaps not so much.

Roller coasters have the smallest potential of ending your life, and you don't "need" them, but the risk is so low that the fear of one is considered irrational.  Just a thought

What's your true age

11 years ago

That last statement Zero, don't even get me started on rollercoasters. I fucking hate them. That's because I wenjt on one before and I had the seat in the back but there was no seatbelt on that car (Lawsuit much?) and I nearly went flying over the handlebars.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Ok ya what I said was a bit too all encompassing, and didn't really show I truly meant. I just mean things that are extremly dangerous like drugs. Even then I have exceptions like for ex. skydiving, which I cant wait to do.

What's your true age

11 years ago
What you're saying is: "I have no reason to hate drugs, I just do." If your reasoning was too much danger, then you wouldn't be stoked to do skydiving haha.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Man, I always hate blanket statements. All blanket statements are bad.

What's your true age

11 years ago
I'm 13, soon to be 14. Well, not really soon, another six months XD

With the whole subject on drugs..
I just really look down on them. I see the medical use of weed, and would prescribe it, but when people take it for entertainment, it gets on my nerves. I had to move to my dad's because of my stepfather wasting all his money on it. I also had a some friends last year, his parents were hardcore druggies. They were extremely skinny, tired and sad. I never met their parents. But I agree with Zero, don't avoid having a drink with friends here and their, but I agree with you as well, I hate mind-altering substances, including alcohol, I just don't hate it as much.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Do you hate hats because some people look really ugly when they wear them?

What's your true age

11 years ago

'Aww, I need this medicine to stay alive? Well, I guess since I'm dependant on it I don't really need it'  -_-

Stay away from absolutes if you can.

What's your true age

11 years ago
What are you talking about I never said not to take something that you need, even things that can make you addicted to it, but can save you a lot of pain, I am fine with, ex. morphine.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Exactly, you said that anything that makes you dependant on it you don't actually need. You didn't say "unless it saves you pain" (Let me point out Weed and barbituates) "like morphine" (which is actually exremely addictive and has people OD on it regularly), so I brought up if somebody is dependant on a medicine that is saving their life. It was all just an example to show you why you shouldn't use blanket statements.

What's your true age

11 years ago
"ANYTHING that makes you dependent on it that, you don't actually need and there's even the smallest potential to ruin your life should not be taken." - My original statement

"anything that makes you dependant on it you don't actually need" - you quoting me

"dependent on it THAT, you don't"

Make sure you quote me correctly next time. The addition of the word "that" changed the meaning of the sentence. I count saving you pain, because pain can cause mental illness.

What's your true age

11 years ago
None of this matters. It's gods will or faith. Doesn't matter what you think, god already knows what your going to do. Oh and don't bother praying because he already knows what your going to do. Praying won't change the outcome. Potential or probability doesn't apply remember!

(if you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic)

Why does logic apply in every other topic except religion. WHY??! Lol!

What's your true age

11 years ago

-sigh-

Keep your anti-theism to your own threads.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Sorry. Won't do again, I just couldn't resist.

What's your true age

11 years ago

so you expect me to take "Anything that makes you dependent on it that" and "you don't actually need" sepreately, or do you want me to remove the comma? Either way, it's your fault that's how your sentence reads, commas change a lot. The best example I've heard is "Let's eat Grandma!" and "Lets eat, Grandma!". See how much the absence of a comma changed the meaning?

Anywho, let's move on since you actually learned to adapt an argument for once. How do you define need? Do you define it as something you need when your life is in danger? Well, that would be great, but then we're cutting out on things like sunlight and three square meals a day and an education, because even though we don't need it, it still benefits our lives to have it.

What's your true age

11 years ago
k ill make sure to use correct comma placement next time. Also you know exactly what I mean so don't be a idiot.

What's your true age

11 years ago

You have yet to define what you think "need" means.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Need: Require (something) because it is essential or very important. That is the definition of need but things such as education though not needed are still very important to be successful. So basically try not to do anything that would unnecessarily risk your life and health. Though there are exceptions to this, you still can go off and live a rich and full life.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Dafuck?

The first part of your post was great. You actually typed what you consider a need to be in a clear and thoughtful manner. Then the other half of your post is just "You know what, screw it, even though you don't need to get addicted you can still use it"

What's your true age

11 years ago
I am referring to drugs as the bad side of "Living a full and rich life" and things like roller coasters as the good sides.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Actually I don't, and I'm pretty sure that if one of the two of us is lacking in intelligence (and this is pulled from other threads as well, not just this one), it's you.

What's your true age

11 years ago
Also by "smallest potential" I had weed in mind, though that wasn't mentioned.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Well, my false age is 84.

My real age is 21, 22 in about a month and a quarter.

What's your true age

11 years ago

My "true" age is 19 as of last week.

What's your true age

11 years ago
14. i'm suffering from blood cancer 4th stage. Only one month to go. L*l(what lol means??)

What's your true age

11 years ago

Lol = laughing out loud

What's your true age

11 years ago
im 14 and a half

What's your true age

11 years ago

Facts: Cov, your arguments are illogical.  Either you are against "unnecessary things and have the slightest risk of hurting you," which encompasses most things you'll experience in life, or you are against drugs (not mutually exlusive).  You can't say you are against the former only if it applies to the latter.  So to be clear -  you are against drugs.

Second, if it's the case that you're against drugs because of unnecessary risk and not roller coasters, despite that same unnecessary risk, then it lends itself to the following question:  What's the difference?  Since you don't need either and they have virtually the same risk of damaging your health, there must be something about about drugs that make it a "bad" and roller coasters that make it a "good."

Now the rest is just my speculation:  You're against drugs because of a lack of education (on drugs) and social stigma.  There's no reason you would seperate one into a "good" category and the other in a "bad" besides an irrational fear of something that is exceedingly unlikely or impossible to happen (like pot addiction or roller coaster death) and the fact that you've been trained all your life by anti-drug campaigns to do so.  Based on your arguments, you've failed to make a case for inherent bad existing in drugs and drugs use -- I'm not saying there isn't one to be made, simply that you haven't made it.

What's your true age

11 years ago
O forgot to post this but I didn't mean for all the confusion I just wanted to basically say "Do dumb shit at your own risk" or "I am not trying to convince you of anything" there was no argument in all this because I classify drugs as Dumb shit and things like skydiving and such but I am going to do skydiving because its awesome.

What's your true age

11 years ago
I view drugs as not awesome because, I was raised that way yes and also because I don't want to risk it ( look up the side effects and potential for harm if you want my reasons). Me liking things like Skydiving then would be contradictory because one of the risk is death, but I don't care so its not based in logic so whatever.

What's your true age

11 years ago

"not based in logic" All that needed to be said, haha.

No, you were arguing.  You may not know what defines an argument, but you were arguing.  You may not have been trying to convince people to believe what you believe, as I obviously wasn't trying to get anyone to take drugs haha, but we were making a case for a particular position.  Whether or not you "care," hahah, that you were being nonsensical wasn't my concern at all.  I just wanted to point it out.

Oh, and by the way, erowid.com.  It's an amazing source of information, much more accurate and well sourced than any book they'll have you read in school and it's important to have good info on the things you put into your body.  I would also tell you your reason of "potential for harm" is illogical, as I spelled it out to you so clearly before haha, but you already said that's how you roll. haha  So... my work here is done :p

What's your true age

11 years ago

erowid.com is were I get all my information on all things drug related.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Me too, haha.  But I also really like reading all the reports - some people go through some crazy stuff! haha  There are a bunch of great cautionary tales, inspirational stories, depressing ones, lots of good advice, and all that.  Humanity sure is a trip.  That, and I like short stories :p

What's your true age

11 years ago

I only read the reports about the substances I am interested in. That way I can kind of get a feel of what will happen when I eventually experiment with them. For example I read a lot of Ayahuasca reports. Some of those are hallarious, and others are pretty dark though.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I do that sometimes, to get different perspectives n everything, but I also like reading about people who do things I haven't done and don't necessarily intend to do.  People have a lot of interesting things to say, good insights n all that, they talk about their lives, friends, problems, interests... and I dunno.  It's like reading someone's journal and living inside their head for a little while.  I find it kinda refreshing

Same reason I like music that tells you something personal about the artists... like Alice in Chains' "Dirt," for instance, is one of my favorite albums.  It's like a portrait of this guy's battle with heroin addiction, the way people see and treat him, they way he sees the world, how the drug can make him feel so full of life, and yet so utterly devoid of it, how he feels worthless, deserving of his misery, how the mental and physical anguish of withdrawal steadily eats away at him, how he hurts the ones he cares about, and how in the end all he wants is to be forgiven.  Now I've never done heroin or suffered any kind of substance addiction, but I love the heart and raw emotion they put into their music, and it's almost like you suffer with them.  Like a Greek tragedy, when everything wraps up and the hero's fallen victim to his own humanity (greed, pride, anger, etc), the audience is supposed to feel relieved or purged of some burden, knowing that everything is ultimately as it should be.  That's why, I think, it's more disturbing to read stories like the ones on erowid about hard drug abuse that go without conflict than ones where someone ends up with a crippling addiction or even loses someone, tragic as they are.

What's your true age

11 years ago

I am only 12. Betaband is 10. In May he will be 11.

What's your true age

11 years ago

Thirteen.

What's your true age

11 years ago

i'm 10 11 in july 

What's your true age

11 years ago

17, 18 on the 24th.

What's your true age

11 years ago
woot its my birthday tomorrow!

What's your true age

11 years ago
Happy Birthday!

What's your true age

11 years ago
Yay me at 16!

What's your true age

11 years ago
'Happy Birthday'

What's your true age

11 years ago

happy birthday

What's your true age

11 years ago

All in all, my birthday is on Super Bowl. 

What's your true age

11 years ago
Lol that can be good or very bad depending how much your family and friends like football.