Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

A *DRASTIC* Look, Preview #2

11 years ago

You saw the first preview yesterday... here's a few more shots.

The background was lightened up quite a bit (I'm happy w/ it now), and there's a few other logo ideas.

I'm not sold on the logos just yet (maybe we'll just keep rotating until we find something that sticks), but otherwise I think it's ready to go from mock-up to implementation! I'm excited :-)

UPDATE: Fixed link

11 years ago

Looks awesome! Yeah, still not totally sold on the logo but overall, it looks really, really great.

11 years ago

Fixed! I'm really happy w/ how these turned out. I wish I had this kind of creative/artistic skill!

11 years ago

Oh God, me too. If I could do that, I'd be so pumped. Who is the mystery artist?

11 years ago

She's a designer at work; so, she does this soft of stuff for a living (though I'm sure most of it isn't this fun :-)). She's behind my company website and a bunch of other cool stuff.

11 years ago

Well, she's extremely talented. I'm so grateful for what she's doing.

11 years ago

I miss Cysid. lol

but yes, its looking good.

nate

11 years ago

Do you have anything other than books to use as a logo? I get the relevance of them, but it kind of clashes with the background.

I love the new background now, it gives you that Victorian feel without being too dark.

11 years ago

Yeah, the books look okay zoomed out, but zoomed to full size, they're a little too powerful. They draw too much attention away.

11 years ago

Even better than the original. Though I do agree with the fact that the books draw attention. yes Lovin' the edit button. cheeky

11 years ago

would lowering the number of books look better? i think it looks fine, but maybe just 1 book laid out would look better? Maybe an open book?

nate

11 years ago

I definitely prefer the books as they are.  

11 years ago

No idea. But very open to suggestion. These came from some icon library.

Check out 123rf.com for inexpensive photos/icons. There's a ton to search for.

11 years ago

Hmm..... maybe a pen and pencil and a single book?

11 years ago

open blank book? with the pen and pencil

maybe even half written

11 years ago

^This idea is my vote and are we going to change the background or was that a no?

11 years ago

I don't like that its black, though I don't mind the flowers. I like our pasty white background.

11 years ago

Agreed. I like the current off-white/bone background better than the prospective darker background. There's a reason why all the big websites (google, yahoo, etc.) have light backgrounds rather than dark.

11 years ago

Really? I actually liked the victorian feel better than the bland bone color. I just didn't like it when it bordered on the gothic.

11 years ago

At least there were the books. :D

11 years ago

Agreed, the flowers don't really fit with the site but the color was good.

11 years ago

I actually like the tooled-leather look, because it gives the sense of an old book collection. Maybe there's another design though that would work better than flowers. Got any Necronomicon leather? Or tree of life? Or demons? Or fire? etc...