Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What if....

11 years ago

You could have any power possibly conceivable. What would it be? (please be creative.)

For me, I would pick being able to move things with my mind. So many applications so little time.

What if....

11 years ago

1. teleportation. The kind in jumper where if I see it I can be there. It is a pretty awesome power.

What if....

11 years ago

same, but long distance

What if....

11 years ago

The ability to pause/play and rewind time. It'd be handy in so many situations to reverse time by a few minutes and do things differently (or reverse time by a few hours to have extra time to study for a test or finish writing a report). Pausing time would also be extremely useful for moving around undetected (that, and if you pause time and then move to a different spot and unpause it people will think you teleported).

What if....

11 years ago

If any one will stop time then he will become more older then other .

What if....

11 years ago

That is true. I think that the singularity (human-machine integration ie. immortality) will probably occur within my lifetime though, as much as I wish it wouldn't. So growing older than others wouldn't really concern me (I wouldn't use the pause and rewind powers enough to cause a notable age difference anyway. Maybe a few months tops).

What if....

11 years ago

You've got to remember the required secondary power: temperal immunity.

What if....

11 years ago

The power to do things with my imagination. For example, I can make unicorn into reality just by thinking it. Basically, its just creating things into reality. With this, I can give myself limitless power just by imagining how powerful I am. :D

What if....

11 years ago

Definately that. If not though, I'd love to be able to Shapeshift. Oh, now I'm going to write a storygame on that!

What if....

11 years ago

Lol, I tried writing a storygame on Shapeshifting, didnt work out tho. :P

What if....

11 years ago

So a more powerful version of the Green Lantern, all your things become permanent

What if....

11 years ago

The power to manipulate pheromones so I can talk anybody into anything.

What if....

11 years ago

Should be stricter guidelines for this, cause I pretty much want Darks.

What if....

11 years ago

I agree this is too vague

What if....

11 years ago

How so? I talk people into things by releasing powerful pheromones, it's pretty simple. Do you expect me to lay out typical conversations i have to see when I release pheromones or something?

What if....

11 years ago

Not your power the forum topic there should be specific guidelines cause someone could just say that they want the power of God

What if....

11 years ago

Isn't that kind of like that chick on the TV show ALPHAS

What if....

11 years ago

No clue, I haven't seen it.

What if....

11 years ago

There is basically this woman who can speak and make people do whatever she wants

What if....

11 years ago

I would like to be invisible.

What if....

11 years ago

You know what my username suggests.

What if....

11 years ago

I don't get it, is it super speed?

What if....

11 years ago

You... i'm keeping an eye on you.... i think...

What if....

11 years ago

The power of seeing the past or future with important events in detail. (Time would strangely pause until my sight returns to normal.)

What if....

11 years ago

You realize that there are many different futures and and outcomes and that the future will constantly change though, but I do think it would come in handy for finding missing things and people.  Scientific explanation, your mind moves at such a speed that time appears to stand still sort of like Inception

What if....

11 years ago

Not really. It's true there are several different outcomes each different action can provide, but there isn't any actual flow of time in existence. It's just a system Humans made to mark how long things took based on the speed of which we can we see events happen. That's why time travel is pretty much impossible, there isn't an actual existing "past" or an actual existing "future" as the humans percieve them. However, if his power were to work, it would probably be able to see in a straight line, as there aren't different future paths, he'd just be able to see what decisions the people chose to make :P

The ability to make your mind go faster is really intriguing though, I believe I've discussed this as a superpower with Ugi before. I like it a lot.

What if....

11 years ago

If you could see the future you could alter your original decisions you made in that future, thus creating a new future.

What if....

11 years ago

But wouldn't the future you see expect you to look into the future and alter your decision?

What if....

11 years ago

But if you see the future in which you changed your decision since you saw the future, you might decide to do something entirely different or what you originally planned to do before you saw the future.

What if....

11 years ago

Exhibit A: That's So Raven.

Haha, in all seriousness though, yeah I agree with you, assuming that it's possible to see into the future. 

What if....

11 years ago

(ThisisBo's description) My mind = blown

What if....

11 years ago

Warping reality not a whole lot, just enough to make it seem like magic to other people ( for further information see the British TV show Misfits.  It basically the episode Vegas Baby.  You might have trouble finding it online). 

What if....

11 years ago

Part two begins now. At this point, you must provide a reaction that your power causes upon you. For instance, prolonged use of my power (telekinesis) causes headaches, nosebleeds, and blackouts.

What if....

11 years ago

Using my power too long will cause me to blackout and another personality to surface though whether good or bad is determine by my current view of the world. Example - Let's say I was being attack by a monster capable of using words to damage physically and the battle take too long, a dark personality might surface. This can be good or bad depending on circumstances.

What if....

11 years ago

If I overuse my power or don't have a clear picture in my head, let's just say the results could be disastrous

What if....

11 years ago

My power downside is if I try to teleport to many or to big a thing. It will kill me.

What if....

11 years ago

it takes a while to teleport

What if....

11 years ago

Nope not for me my power is the one like in jumper.

What if....

11 years ago

But one of the problems with teleporting is the possibility of ending up in a wall with no way out

What if....

11 years ago

I don't think that is possible with the teleportation in Jumper

What if....

11 years ago

In many other cases of teleporting it is. 

What if....

11 years ago

In the book or the movie?

What if....

11 years ago

Movie didn't know there was a book.

What if....

11 years ago

The book was "meh" when you compare it to other book-movie adaptions. They coulda done worse.

What if....

11 years ago

I like the book cause it felt better than the movie as for the movie, just meh

What if....

11 years ago

The best part of the moive? Samuel L. Jackson. Nuff said.

What if....

11 years ago

So since it's like jumper, if you use it enough, can you eventually teleport buildings, i.e. the library scene

What if....

11 years ago

That was a special case for most ordinary jumpers that would kill them.

What if....

11 years ago

If i get hurt at all during the use of my power then i am stuck watching the diffrent possible futures.....  FOREVER!

Now for overuse I would most likely go mad and kill myself thinking it is all pointless.

What if....

11 years ago

My power (Shapeshifting) would not include my clothes. Don't think that I'm some sort of weirdo, but it wouldn't make sense otherwise. Also have some behaviors of whatever I've transformed into (eg. As a cat I would like to chase mice).

What if....

11 years ago

My power would be to visit other dimensions... i want to see how different thing would be if we all made different choices and life changing decisions and to see other realities. 

What if....

11 years ago

Isn't this similar to my power?

What if....

11 years ago

Perhaps a little but its not the same, yours is to see different possibility of future but his is to go into different dimension.

To frank: If you wanted to see the possibility of other world that are made through a different choice, that is not a different dimension and rather parallel world.

For example, today I had a test, a science test. If i had study the day before, I would have passed but I didn't and so I failed. Your power will enable you to go to a parallel world where I had study and passed.

What if....

11 years ago

For some reason I could see myself going into a parallel universe where I didn't look both ways before crossing just to make people think there is a zombie apocalypse.

What if....

11 years ago

Haha, that's great.

What if....

11 years ago

You know that there is some scam book out there that claims it can teach you how to do this