Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Street Children Preview

11 years ago

I've started working on a new storygame in the advanced editor and thought I'd get some feedback from you guys.laugh

It's a storygame I am adapting from a novel I've been working on for the past two years. I am hoping that not only will it help me out with writing the book, but also maybe give me some fresh ideas for it as well. Don't worry, this is spoiler free!

So here is the basic story line:

You will begin the game as Dmitri Chekov, a Russian boy living on the outskirts of St. Petersburg with your mother and step-father. Your country is currently in the midst of the Checken-Russian war, which your father died in only two years prior to the present story. Your mother has remarried a man who, unlike your kind hearted father, is a drunk with a mean streak. The first chapter weaves the tale of your home life as the Russian Winter blankets the world around you. The tired, world weary woman whom you call Mama lives in the middle of a difficult decision. She has married a man who abuses both herself and her child, but without him you would both starve or freeze to death without a home. You will see the difficult home life through a child's eyes, ultimately you will have to make a very adult decision at the ripe young age of ten.

In Chapter two you play Dmitri as he runs away to the nearby city of St. Petersburg. Battling hypothermia in the frigid night, only to be unknowingly saved by a little girl name Anastasia. She has been homeless for nearly two years, having escaped an orphanage. She lets you stay in her "house", a condemned storage facility where she has gathered various blankets and a sleeping bag, along with many other "treasures". All too soon you are submersed into the world of Russia's street children. A mixture of orphans, runaways, or both who either band together in large gangs or pair off into small groups of friends. The methods of survival can be harsh, but you must make many difficult choices between an easier survival, or doing what you think is right despite it making things more difficult. All the while you may forge powerful friendships or begin to harbor dangerous enemies.

In Chapter three time will fast forward four years. You are fourteen and Anastasia is twelve. At this ripe young age you must face an adult world, which all too soon you discover is violent and wicked. Will you face your adult decisions with anger, violence, and a possessive tendency or will you be patient, compassionate, and loving? Will you allow yourself to grow close to the girl who saved you that night four years ago or will you push her away, only viewing her as a means of survival?

Chapter four again will fast forward time four more years, you will be eighteen and Anastasia sixteen. No longer homeless, you have managed to secure a small, cheap apartment. But, jobs are scarce and money nearly worthless in the midst of a nation wide financial crisis. Opportunities will come to you in the form of life changing choices. Will you turn to crime, serve your country, or be a simple jack of all trades? Will you begin to see the beginnings of love for the beautiful young woman you have protected and befriended throughout eight years of just trying to survive? Or is she simply a nuisance, a nagging woman constantly questioning your decisions?

Chapter five will bring all of your conclusions to one of several endings. The nature of which you will have to play the game to see!cheeky

Let me know what you think! Good or bad, I want to hear your opinions. Suggestions are more than welcome! I am trying to keep the game as realistic and historically accurate as possible, but not to the point of it being boring. There will be action, romance, and tear jerker scenes! Coming soon!

11 years ago

This sounds very cool. Good luck with it.

11 years ago
I played through some of the game preview, up to a stopping point after you meet Anastasia in chapter two. It's captivating, and I'd love to read on in the future. The intro of chapter two had good use of spacing to add to the mood of the scene, too.

I did find some grammatical errors, like an instance of it's being used instead of its, boy's where boys should be used, and 'in sink' instead of 'in sync'. Also, watch out with tenses, because I notice that in some places it shifts back and forth between present and past tense. But the story's definitely readable.

Also, it's just a personal note, but I didn't think the picture of Anastasia was necessary...mostly because she doesn't fit her description all that well, and the description up to that point gave me a good mental image of her character. And that picture of the snowy street squeezes some of the text to the side of the default-sized story window, making it look awkward. I think it should either be smaller or positioned differently on the page. Not that it matters much at all...

In short, good work! I didn't find it boring at all.

11 years ago

Thank you so much for playing through the preview! I'm thrilled that you liked it.

Yes, grammar is not my forte and I have dyslexia, so its no surprise to me that I have a lot of mistakes. I'm planning on finding a proof reader once I've finished the game. Although, I'm wondering if it would be better to find someone for that as I finish each chapter. 

I've been struggling with the idea for pictures throughout the game. I'm really glad you brought that up, since I wasn't convinced that pictures were a good idea for the general story. What I may do is just stick to using them for the various endings(so far there are two possible ones between chapter 1 and 2, sort of game over types). And I've been considering using them for chapter openings, but finding appropriate pictures of St. Petersburg to match both the time of day, year, and season is difficult. Most pictures you find of that city are of the better parts and hardly ever show the slums on the outskirts of the city. 

I'm going to do a quick run through of what I have so far and work on the problem of switching between past and present tense. And work with the pictures. 

Again thank you so much for the feedback, I hope you continue to preview and review what I have so far. And hopefully others will do the same as well!

11 years ago

UPDATE 07/17/12:

I have gone over all the pages of chapter one and most, if not all, grammar, spelling, and present/past tense mistakes should be fixed therein. Many of the pages also got a rewrite for better quality and description. If anyone comes across more mistakes in that(or any chapter for that matter), please let me know the title of the chapter and page so I can fix it. :)

Hopefully I will finish up chapter 2 soon and will go through the detailing/proof reading process of that chapter in the next few days so I can begin chapter 3! 

Edit:Forgot to add to that I added a few more variables that will greatly effect the outcome of the final chapter depending on the players choices.

11 years ago
  • Update: 7/18/12
  • Three different versions of Chapter five will exist, which one the player sees will be the direct result of the choice made at the end of Chapter 4
  •  
  • Ending of Chapter 4 will result in the player having to make a VERY important choice to make that will alter the outcome of the entire game.
  •  
  • Chapter 2 now branches on 2 different story-lines depending on in game choices, still a WIP, but available for viewing in the Preview.
  •  
  • Thumbnail pictures appear on the opening page of each chapter. All Endings/Game Overs have a full sized image corresponding with the nature of the end/game over which has been reached.
  •  
  • Added currency to the game via Items. Both Kopek and Ruble coins(1998 editions) can be found depending on choices made in game after chapter 1. Coin value is described, in detail, based on the time period of the game, on the items' individual page. Mostly it is set during the Financial Crisis of 1998 so that is what the values are based upon. I also give what the Kopek/Ruble is equal to in US$ to help the player better understand their value(or lack thereof) at the time.
  • Overall there are currently 3 different main story-line endings. Each Story-line ending will have 3 versions(bad,normal,happy) depending on Variable scores achieved throughout the entire game
  •  
  • There will be 9 possible endings(not including game overs) so far.(will probably add more)
  •  
  • I have developed a set of Variables to determine how Anastasia(and other as of yet unnamed love interests) will feel about you in later chapters. Depending on your choices in-game, she may, or may not, be a possible love interest.
  •  
  • There will be a total of 3 possible love interests for you to pursue in-game, each with a set of variables that will determine how successful you are in attaining their love(Although you can play the entire game without choosing any of them as there are endings with no love interests at all)
  •  
  • Chapters 3,4, and 5(all versions) are not yet available in the Preview version of the game.

Thanks for all comments/suggestions. Until next update!

~Evangeline

11 years ago

I am extraordinarily excited. Which category will this belong to? I can definitely see featured story potential in this one so let me know when it's published.

11 years ago

I will put it under the Modern Adventure category.

And thank you so much for the compliment! I am thrilled that you think it has so much potential!

Edit:

I forgot to add to the update that I have worked out two different kinds of variables for this story. I'm calling them Behavior and Relationship variables. 

• The Behavior variables(Smart, Brave, Strong, Leader,ect) will effect the outcome of player's general decisions. For instance if throughout the game your choices indicate that your character is patient/thoughtful, you will be less likely to be successful at(or even see) an action that would require quick decisions.
  • So far I have about 8 different behavior variables
  • Relationship variables are unique to each individual love interest(and also some non-romantic supporting characters). Depending on how well the two of you get along(effected by how they feel about what you say and do around them) these variables can effect the outcome of actions you do together with that particular supporting character.
  • I have almost completed the first example in the preview version where a relationship variable will effect the outcome of an action you choose. As a result in Chapter two there are more than 4 outcomes to one particular problem the player must overcome(or fail at). 

Again it is a WIP so if anyone does a playthrough of chapter two, I would greatly appreciate it if you would take note if you get different options and outcomes depending on your choices up to that point. I am still getting the hang of the advanced editor and I need to make sure it's all running smoothly. cool 

As always I appreciate any mistakes being pointed out so I can fix them

P.S. If anyone is interested I don't mind giving a tiny sneak peek of the other two love interests, since they don't appear until chapter three. Unless you would prefer it stay a surprise.

11 years ago

If this is anywhere near how awesome as it sounds, you can be sure that it will be featured in modern adventure.

11 years ago

I certainly hope it lives up to expectations. I am putting a lot of work into it, so it is taking a lot of time. I pretty much have to write each scenario no less than 4 times.

For example (this isn't really in the story because I don't want to spoil anything, but this is how I am working it):

You decide to buy a gift for a girl.

You pick a gift(assume there is a good, bad, normal choice). 

• good
    • girl 1
      • she likes the gift
        • she pretends not to like it, because she doesn't like you enough(relationship variable is normal)
        • She refuses the gift(relationship value is low)
        • She is honest about liking it(relationship variable is high)
      • she doesn't like the gift
        • She pretends to like the gift(relationship variable is high)
        • She is honest about not liking it(relationship variable is normal)
        • She refuses the gift(relationship variable is low)
  1. Ok so, let's say since there are three possible gifts and three possible girls, you must choose one gift and one girl to give it to. Based on which girl you give it to and what you got, she may or may not like it.
    1. That makes just from choosing a gift and girl, 9 possible scenarios. 
  2. After making those 2 choices, depending on if you picked the right gift for the right girl, she may have a good, bad, normal response to it.
    1. 3 possible scenarios each girl and another each gift, so 9 more scenarios there
    2. Thats a total of 18 possible outcomes from just two player choices so far not counting if you were unable to buy the gift(in which case there will be an equal number of scenarios made for each girl, minus the 3 scenarios per gift)

That's just a basic idea, and keep in mind that is just the branching of the ?right girl, right gift? choice.  It keeps branching from there and eventually the choice then stops branching and returns to the general story line or corresponding story line depending on the chapter. I've made it so the inactive links are not visible, and the title of the pages for the good, bad, normal version of scenarios are the same. You won't know which scenario you've achieved until you've got it, so choices may not always be obvious. Just because it sounds right, doesn't mean it'll end right. You'll have to take into account what type of behavior you've been cultivating and if it'll mesh well with that choice. Not to mention if you have made a good impression on the supporting character if there is someone helping you at the time of that choice. 

I like to keep an element of surprise wink

As you can imagine, having to do this each time the player has to make a decision is a lot of work. But, I'm loving every minute of it! This is an adaptation from a novel I've been working on, so I know exactly how I want each page to be. I just have to actually make them. Right now I think there are about 14 possible outcomes just from the very first example of this sort of choice in chapter 2(some of these are still being written).

11 years ago

That is immense! Try not to stretch too far.

11 years ago

Will do! I'm still having a lot of fun with it and if I notice it becoming more of a work than a play type of thing I'll back off the branching for awhile. 

11 years ago

Update:

1. I found a bug in my link restriction numbers. Now there are several options which will appear depending on your scores whereas before none would appear since I had impossible numbers put in thanks to a typo. So now there should be a decent number of pages accessible that weren't before
  2. I'm hiding a sneak peek of the other two love interests within chapter two. Depending on your scores and choices, you may have a fateful pre-first encounter with the two other girls. However, since they are meant to be secret encounters, there will only be one version of the encounter for each girl and you will have to meet specific behavioral scoring to even come across the option.
    1. These may, or may not, be very obvious. I personally think they are, but the choices to reach them are not. So happy hunting if you want to find the other two girls before officially meeting them in Chapter 3.
    2. Also if you do find the pre-encounter for the other girls, you will receive relationship points that  will help for that particular girl in the next chapter, seeing as you will have a head start on any score based options for her.
  3. I am also working on a Glossary page which will offer a spread sheet of the various Russian phrases used throughout the story. The italic translations/explanations at the bottom of pages with any Russian words/phrases will remain for easy viewing.
    1. The Glossary page will, however, remove cultural and historic information from the bottom of pages to reduce clutter. That information will be moved to the Glossary and page references will be given for each entry for easy locating of the answers to any questions.

Note:

The main reason I am using Russian words and phrases in certain conversations, and not others, is because due how many parts of the Russian language are extremely different from English some words and phrases will translate in a way that sounds nothing like the actual Russian phrase. So for the sake of attempting to reflect an authentic view of Russian culture and language at that time, I will use their language. 

However, I am not using Cyrillic script(Russian Letters). As a result, understanding the sounds associated with how one word can mean different things depending on the tone it is said in will be much more difficult. Which is why each use of a word/phrase will have an explanation of it's meaning in that particular instance. But, taking out the factor of the Cryillic script makes the words readable to the average player.

There is also a little(very little) of the Tatar language used on a couple pages and likely will seldom be used after them. So if you ever get confused, don't be afraid to scroll down to the bottom of a page. I guarantee you will find the explanation for the word/phrase you are confused on.

Until next Update!

~Evangeline

11 years ago

surprise This is gonna be awesome. All I have to say, is that I can't wait.

11 years ago

simplesabley could you tell med how you play the preview cant find any link in this discussion and in your site space the game is unpublished therefore i cant access it. would be cool if you can tell me.yes

11 years ago

Opps, that was my mistake. I completely forgot I had it unpublished. I am almost done with chapter two. So I should be finished by tonight and I'll publish it and post an update announcing the demo version. 

11 years ago

This story looks awesome, and I can't wait until it is finished! Good luck, and have a nice day.

11 years ago

Thanks so much! I am really glad everyone likes the idea. I should have the demo version published by tonight or tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will live it up to expectations!laugh

11 years ago

Demo version is now published!

Chapters 1-2 are complete! 

Please enjoy the demo version! And as always any and all feedback is welcome! Also as it is a demo, it will be available for two days before I unpublish it to start with chapter 3. Any mistakes you find please let me know the chapter and page title so I can fix it. 

Features

1. 100+ pages to enjoy in the demo!
  2. Multiple endings for Chapter two(see if you can find them all!)
  3. Hidden pre-encounters for the other two future love interests(hard to find, but worth it!)
  4. Pictures for Chapter beginnings and every ending
  5. Warning, depending on how you play the game Chapter two may end on a cliff hanger

The glossary is a work in progress and wont be available for the demo at this time. But, it's coming soon!

Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-street-children(demo)

~Evangeline

11 years ago

I posted this in the comments section, but the only thing I found wrong with it was occassionaly (not very often at all) you would mix tenses. I forget the exact quote but at one point you put "you were" and "you are" in the same sentence right after you escape from the house.

11 years ago

Thank you! I keep playing through the demo myself and finding errors like that. I'm trying to take notes on all of them and hopefully fix them in a few days when I unpublish it. 

11 years ago

Last day for the demo game.

I'll unpublish it tomorrow morning and start working on it again. Thank you everyone for playing it and giving feedback. And a big thank you to those who found a few errors for me to fix!

After playing through it several times myself I also found a few things I need to work on. 

So, tomorrow I will begin working with chapter 3! And I plan on that being the chapter when things get really interesting. And hopefully the next time I publish the glossary will be finished and available for viewing.

11 years ago

Good luck! It was very well done, I am excited to read the whole thing once your done.

11 years ago

I have to say I liked what I read a lot. It was extremely well written (though the tenses were a little messed up, but that has already been mentioned). I was hooked pretty quickly, but that could have just been I was excited to read it because of what I read earlier on this thread :). Anyway I would give you an A+ good work, I can't wait for the rest!

11 years ago

Update: 7/27/12

Thank you everyone for playing the demo. I am very please that after being played over 100 times and rated 7 times, it received an overall rating of 7/8!

Here's the update!

1. Going back and fixing errors in chapters 1 & 2
  2. Began Chapter 3(has two versions of the beginning based on where you ended chapter 2)
  3. So far I am making it more interesting. Rather than just surviving like you did in chapter 2, chapter 3 provides much more story and dialog.
  4. I plan to reveal a great deal of Anastasia's past in this chapter(which will explain why she was homeless at only 8 years old)
  5. You will get to experience the most celebrated Russian Holiday( New Years). Who will you meet there, I wonder? :P
  6. The other two love interests will finally receive a proper introduction, although they have changed quite a bit four years after the fateful pre-encounter(if you found it)
  7. Also, I will be introducing the male supporting characters(You didn't think you'd really live your whole life with only a 3 girl harem as your friends, did you? :D )
  8. A new variable will be introduced in this chapter. The Criminal variable will determine how likely you are to succeed in criminal activities, as well as open up different options throughout the story as you progress. Of course the higher your Criminal score, the less likely you will be able to succeed at being a law abiding citizen!
  9. You're a 14 year old now! You may still be a kid, but you are about to be forced to make adult decisions. And with all those hormones raging, will you make or break a romance? Or perhaps you aren't ready for romance? Well, that's fine too. :)

Also(and I'll make a separate thread for this), while the game was published for demo I started working on another story game. Of course, it isn't nearly as detailed as The Street Children. It's just a little fan fiction I put together for a much less complex gaming experience. I'll probably publish it for demo shortly as I won't work on it with The Street Children no longer published.

Thanks all, til next update!

~Evangeline

11 years ago

Sorry for taking so long to update guys. My next semester of Radiology Tech is coming up and it's going to be brutal so I've been scrambling around trying to get all my books, ect. And then my birthday(as usual) is during the first week of the semester(AKA you get dropped if you miss any class during the first week). But, I'll be out of town through the weekend for a camping trip(hopefully this time I won't wreck my four wheeler and break my nose and need surgery to be able to breath through it again)<-- wish that wasn't a true story. But, there were pictures. Horrible, horrible ugly pictures...

Anyhow, back to the update! It's short and sweet this time around. :)

1. Finished one  positive/negative "path" possible through the New Years celebrations(yes, you get to dance or be a wallflower, your choice)
    1. Involve the meeting(positive or negative) of one of the love interests
  2. For the beginning of chapter 3, I decided to focus a little less on Anastasia since I don't want their relationship to become cliche. Not to mention she is kinda at that awkward twelve year old stage, so it makes sense that she still acts like a kid and isn't romantic or flirty at the moment. 
  3. And, what will happen when you see your mother and step-father at the celebration?*cue dramatic music*

Oh yes, the plot thickens. Drama unfolds. Violence in the streets!(ok not really, but there is one fight). 

Until next update:

~Evangeline

11 years ago

(Sorry I've been meaning to post about this but i keep forgetting)  by playing the demo i could tell this is going to be a great story and for someone's first story it looks really good I cant wait for it to be done.

11 years ago

Well I'm back home. Turns out there was literally no phone service, much less internet, up in those mountains. So, I didn't get any work done :(

But, on the plus side. I didn't flip or break any bones this trip! Yay for being wreckless with no consequences. 

Ahem... yes, well anyways. I'll be getting back to work on chapter 3 now. ^_^

11 years ago

Woo! No broken bones, though broken bones are awesome for telling stories to your buddy's they are not all that fun to get.

11 years ago

Oh yes, so very true. I've got one too many stories in that category haha. 

11 years ago

It's time for another update!

Here is a little intro to a few characters you will be meeting. Don't worry, this is spoiler free and does not involve the love interests. 

• Introducing the first male supporting character, Maxim! He's two years older than you, the youngest of six brothers, and a rather obnoxious trouble maker. Love him or hate him, it's up to you. You can build a friendship, stay neutral, or foster a rivalry with this particular prankster. He isn't shy and let's face it, at 16 he is a little hormone crazed. He can be pretty bossy and being bigger than most of the other boys around, he tends to take the lead in any ventures the group he is with decide to undertake. He doesn't mind letting you take the fall for the trouble he causes, but he always holds up his end of a bargain.
  • Introducing Vasilii, a 13 year old boy who is generally liked by everyone. He has a baby face and is a little small compared to others at his age. Somewhat shy at first, he can be rather quiet. But, after getting to know him, you just might find there is a lot more there than meets the eye. He is an incredible pickpocket, which can come handy when you're short on money. Despite being a well liked person among the kids in your area, he likes to keep to himself and doesn't come around when there is a group. 
  • Anatolii is an older boy who grew up in a similar situation to your own. However, he holds little sympathy for those of you still between a rock and a hard place. He was never one to barely scrape by and grew up participating in illegal prize fights to earn money to survive. At 19 he has crawled up and out of the gutter to find himself taken under the wing of a local crime boss. Anatolii is now both known and feared in the area for that very fact. He has been known to do everything from extorting local business owners to dealing out punishment for those who fail to pay their dues. All for a small cut of the money brought in from the criminal activities and the hope to rise in rank among the organization.
  • Konstantin is another boy the same age as yourself. However, the other kids tend to avoid him. A mysterious and strange individual who avoids nearly everyone and on the rare occasion he does feel social, comes across as paranoid and bizarre. Despite his young age of being somewhere between 13 and 16(he has never confirmed his actual age), most people write him off as not being mentally stable. Little is known about him, though a lot is speculated by the other kids and he is sometimes the victim of their bullying.
  • Elena is a 15 year girl who sometimes comes around to play with Anastasia despite the huge age difference.  She can be rather bossy and is quick to use her wit and sarcasm to make anyone she dislikes feel very much like a doormat. She can be manipulative when she has her eyes on a goal, but is fiercely loyal of the few she accepts as her friends. A cruel enemy to make, impossible to be neutral with, and a loyal friend are the three possibilities you must choose from for Elena. 

This is the supporting character cast. They each receive their own variables and how high your scores are with each of them will effect the game. And, of course, behavioral variables will effect how and when you meet them, as well as your beginning score with them. But, what sort of a person encourages a friendship, neutral acquaintance, or enemy with which person will have to wait until you play the game. :P

Obviously, certain traits will be more attractive to individuals that can relate to them. And you will have to choose wisely who you wish to go out of your way for, as depending on your interactions with them they could become a powerful ally or enemy, or perhaps they will never majorly effect your life.

Also, these descriptions all relate to their introduction in chapter 3. These characters are dynamic and will change as time passes in the game, as well as with whatever type of relationship you build with them. However, they are all non-romantic interests at the moment. Hopefully they aren't too stereotypical, though I left out a lot of the more interesting facts so as not to spoil any of the in game surprises I have in store. :)

11 years ago

Wow. Really impressive and I love what I'm reading so far. Can't wait to see the finished product :) Have to agree with what 3J was mentioning earlier, I can definitely see this being featured.

11 years ago

Update:

Chapter Three is half way finished and I have started working on some parts of Chapter four as well. It's going a little slow, but I'm going to take my time and not rush the middle and final chapters. I'm averaging about five paragraphs a page right now haha :)

What I've been doing:

1. Revamping the Variables
  • Behavior variables have been condensed and rewritten as well as recalculated on each page
  • Relationship Variables are unchanged, but I reworked the scoring so it is simpler for me to keep track of throughout the game.
  1. I'm working on sketching chapter illustrations and character portraits
  2. I'm putting the glossary on hold until the game is finished, although I may not use it since it's much easier to just put the info in footnotes
  3. After Chapter four, the variable scores will determine your Chapter Five path, and your choices in chapter five and final relationship scores will determine the epilogue you will receive.
    • 3 Possible paths
    • 3 versions of each path(positive, neutral, negative)
    • 9 possible epilogue endings(positive per girl, neutral per girl, and negative per girl)
  4. And(drum roll) there is going to be one or more possible supporting character deaths. Some may be unavoidable, while others may be a result of your actions. While others may go unnoticed if you don't have much of a relationship score with that supporting character.

Chapter three should be finished soon and things are going much more smoothly since I redid the variables and links. I also reorganized some stuff on my own part which makes it much easier to for me to achieve my goal of keeping this game highly immersible. So far by my own estimation, for every 3 pages the player actually sees, there are between 10-15 more that were possible if the player had different scores. 

Next update should be with me finishing Chapter 3. :)

11 years ago

I can hardly wait. This is like the time I was jumping up and down because the Ravens playoffs games were so exciting. cheeky

11 years ago

I'm so glad people are excited! 

11 years ago

sounds exciting

11 years ago

Almost done with chapter three.

Sorry it's taking so long guys, since the new semester started I've been pulling 40 hour work weeks, plus 16 credit hours a week in school. And they just started loading us down with papers, tests, projects, ect. So by the time I get on here, I have a horrible case of my brain being fried. 

But, it's getting done slowly, but surely!

This weekend being labor day weekend I should get it completely finished and start on chapter 4. This is quickly turning more of an interactive novel than a story game XD. 

11 years ago

So....

A month or so more? Can I wait that long? 

*jitters*

11 years ago

Somewhat. I may release another demo version when I get more done, that way I get a little break from it, and everyone gets to give me more feed back. But, at the pace this is moving it could be Christmas before the full version is actually released. But, I promise it'll be worth the wait. 9 possible endings! lol :) 

But, since I started using excel to create a spreadsheet to keep track of all my different variables and it does my math for me(thank goodness!), that part is at least completely caught up and worked out. :)

11 years ago

But seriously, don't be afraid to take your time and do it right =)

11 years ago

Yes, that's half of why it is taking so long. I've had this story in my head for several years and now I'm being a perfectionist about it. Plus I've become surprisingly biased to one of the love interests right now and I've been ignoring the other possible girls in my writing. So I need to go back and make them equals again XD

11 years ago

Update:

Okay, chapter three is turning out to be HUGE. If I didn't base the chapter start/end on a time leap, I would have broken it up a bit XD. Anyways, I am SO close to the end of Chapter 3. I've been saying that for a few weeks now, but for real this time. 3/4's done with it :D

• Girl 1 Path done 
  • Girl 2 Path done
  • Annastasia Path done
  • non-romance story line 1/2 done
  • Friend character introductions all done but 2. 
  • Variables are being calculated and applied to links(so many of these I keep finding little issues with XD)
  • Plot Twists 2/3 done
  • Girl 1 special scene(must have high score with her :P) done
  • Girl 2 special scene done
  • Annastasia special scene WIP
  • Girl 1 background story done
  • Girl 2 background story WIP
  • Annastasia background story done

Whew, it actually makes me feel good to see that I actually have put a dent in completing this chapter. When I look at it from playing through the game it seems like so little -_-. But, I'm trying really hard to make every little choice in the game have an effect on what happens, even it is a very behind the scenes effect. Hopefully when it's all complete it will have a feel of 'you find something new everytime you play', even if it's only a difference of one page after awhile. :D

11 years ago

Since I'll be gone for 10 weeks for BCT with the army, I'm allowing sneak preview for this game again. :)

9 years ago

I'm still waiting.