Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
The other Eternal update thread was getting too long, so I've created a new one that Fireplay can constantly ask "Are we there yet?" on.

Anyway, I am currently working on the last path, very slowly though. Just can't seem to work on it as much as I'd like. So right off the bat, I don't expect it done until sometime next year which is what happened with the shadow path too.

I did sort of complete the 1st chapter already though I still need to fill in some dead end paths. But I've also had a new idea to split this one into two seperate "chapter 2s" as well. I don't know if I'm going to do that yet.

On one hand it will give a little more freedom of choice, though the problem I'm trying to avoid is a retread of another path with this idea. Granted it would still be different, but certain events would certainly play out the same way they did in the Soldier path. Also I have no idea if I'd make this a "long dead end" like I did with one of the shadow paths or go ahead and make another chapter 3 from this path. Basically if I go through with this second alternate path it will definitely take much longer to finish. (And probably an extra epilogue or two)

I still need to flesh out the personalities of some of the characters that get more focus this time around like Mistress, Jacob Mol, and The Emperor. Though I've pretty much got those down.

Some other established characters will probably pop up again too like Gruz, Flog, Alison Krozer though of how much importance might depend on the choices made.

Also newer characters like Marik, though you do meet him briefly in the shadow path, he just isn't named because you're busy fighting him at the time. (Hint, he's a derro)

As for the other Eternals

Roldan, Brenda, Kane and Cyrus will probably pop up. Not sure about Warrick. I think we all know what happens to Edgar, Gerald, and Talia when you aren't around to look out for them.

And as always it's all subject to change anyway!

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Oh, you mean the Derro scientist? The only Derro to ever talk in the story?

Anyway, I'm happy that Mistress is given more focus this time around, I was kinda dissapointed that she was passed over in the later parts of the other branches, and I was always curious about what happens to her.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Yep, that's him. Though you'll have more encounters with the Derro in this path in general seeing as the Emperor has a special alliance with them and all.

Mistress will definitely be popping up every now and then in this path. If you thought she left a "lasting impression" before during years 5-12, just think how bad that impression is when she's training you one on one during years 12-16. Though at least you get to actually learn magic from her this time.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

oai;fja;lsfkjas;lfjas;lfjas;ljafsd what? You tease, you.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I get my own meme now? 

Anyway's I'm glad you finally did give an update and I don't mind how long it will take to finish a year or so to finish. I'll be glad once it's done. I am also excited to finally meet the emperor after so many reincarnations(replaying). Good luck!

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Does anyone else think the Dero seem like Volus from Mass Effect? Small, Stout, Non-human, Exo-suit. I just think of the Volus when I think of the Derro :P

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Lol, they're more aggressive and combative than the Volus.

The Gnomes are probably more like the Volus (Minus the armor) though I wasn't basing the gnomes on them when I was writing.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I may be a little late to the party XD. 

But, Eternal has to be the best story game I have read since joining the site! I love it! And I cannot wait to find all the endings :D And possible future endings. :D

Eternal Update

11 years ago

so out of the ones you finished which is your favorite right now?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

*spoiler alert*

So far, I like the Shadow Master ending where you "defeat" Dendrin and after your death the Shadows make you their new 'god'. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

FINALLY end master is working on it again.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Quick update.

Finished Chapter 1 of the last path.

I was nearly completed with chapter 1 a couple of times, but I kept changing around bits of the storyline and trying to figure out how to tie it altogether for the later chapters.

Ultimately I decided that this one just needed a single "chapter 2" and it'll most likely branch into two different chapter 3s afterwards. I added a few more choice selections during the first chapter to keep text from running too long on a single page since some of the passages were like 6 or 7 pages on a Word doc. Also added a couple more background links along with even switching some of the text in them into the main storyline since I felt some of it was more directly important for the story.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

actually he usually works on it when people don't ask for updates. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Fireplay, did you forget your job?

Update?

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Fireplay had PMed me recently about something else, so I just included an update for him along with the original subject to save him the trouble.

But for everyone else…

I'm currently on chapter 2, year 23. I'll be proceeding to year 25 soon. Not a big update, but there you go.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Honestly, I didn't really like the Shadow Guard path, mainly because whatever choice I make ends up with me dead, or somebody who would've made a really nice character later on.  Another reason I didn't the Shadow Guard as much was because the cast of characters are pretty much on the same grey/gray colour palette, just different shades.

That's just my opinion.

Anyhow, WFOGUDBVBKJASBVGFVBALJDFNJLHADSJBJBADSBAMEET THE EMPEROR?!  My GOD I've been DYING to meet that HORRENDOUSLY sick bastard.  I really hope that we do meet him in this new path...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

The Emperor is a little girl.

At least, that'd be a hilarious twist lol.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I just spilt milk all over the table.  And now I'm gonna cry!

WAAAAAAAAH!  (*Assuming that's what happens if you fuck around with her.)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

No, if the Emperor was actually the Shadow-Guard's God. That would be funny.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Killa Robot and Fireplay just ruined the surprise. I was going to make the Emperor actually be Dendrin taking the form of a little girl.

Now I have to start ALL over again with this path, good work guys!

Anyway, currently on "Year 25"

Eternal Update

11 years ago

so much hate, you have delayed a eternal update.crying

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Actually the Emperor is really the Necromancer and Mistress is really Catalina reincarnated as a dark elf.

This world is the same one that the Necromancer destroyed, but his mom came back from her temporal escape and managed to use her own powers to breathe life back into it. What is taking place in Eternal is actually thousands of years in the future of the Necromancer's world. Obviously the landscape changed a bit in the "rebirth" process. The island of Mortos that is referenced in some of the endings is ground zero of where the Necromancer had his home hence why its still a dead zone.

Lol. No, not really. I just remember a few people initially thinking that it was the same world somehow.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

But life couldn't exist with him being in the world in necromancers storyline. His aura sent out his power and wiped out life in the ocean even when he wasn't nearby. Anyhow........

Update? (O_O)

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Sort of a a family emergency going on right now and I'm not sure when things will settle down. So I don't have much of an update.

Still on "year 25" after writing and rewriting a couple of pages with it and adding a background link (Year 24).

I'm satisfied with what I currently have though so the next step when I have time will be to proceed ahead as normal.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Hope everything goes well.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

good luck on the family thing and ty for the update.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I hope everything turns out okay.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Figured I'd continue the Eternal comment discussion here since I'm doing an update.

To answer Fireplay, the Spartan comparison was about the only thing I could think of that he was talking about too. Still never had a scene where they were tossing babies off cliffs or something similar though.

Most of the first Eternals died before they were even born then a lot of them died when they were getting the whole unnatural magic infusion thing as toddlers. If they survived all that they just got killed through basic training.

There were only two groups of Eternals that lived up to basic training with Mistress and your group is the only one that actually had candidates any that lived past that point, so your group gets the honor of being the "First Gen" because hey failures and losers don't get honors!

The "second gen" Eternals were basically "tank babies" that Marik designed and mass produced. Of course Marik being a crazy ass Derro, the second gens were always unstable, not to mention they never had the proper training or reinforcement of discipline. (Not to mention the Empire is falling at that point)

Of course if you follow the Soldier storyline, there are later generation Eternals under Edgar's reign. These were pretty much created the same way based on Marik's notes, but the process was refined a lot more and a focus on discipline was better enforced so they aren't quite as insane as the seconds, though they still have a strong drive to dominate & conquer to the point where they eventually destroy themselves.

Anyway on with the update…

I'm currently on year 28. I'm really hoping to at least get most of the second chapter done by the New Year, but we'll see.

So far I think this storyline has been darker than the other two, but given that you're the right hand of a tyrant that was trained by Mistress until you were 16 that's pretty much to be expected.

Still, not all of it is relentlessly grim though the part I'm currently working on is. No babies being thrown around yet, but stay tuned!

Eternal Update

11 years ago

How is it going endmaster

Eternal Update

11 years ago
About the same place when Fireplay asked me in another thread.

I'm on year 30, currently trying to finish up one more page so I can move on to writing out year 33.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Great to hear you're working on this again! It was the first game that I played on this sit and it convinced me to join straight away! I'll definitely be replaying it to find any path I missed!

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Just checking on where Eternal is at Endmaster. :)

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Geez, all my old posts in this thread somehow turned into walls of fucking text. I know damn well I spaced that stuff out before.

Anyway, I'm on year 35. This will be the final year before chapter 3, though I still have to go back and fill in all the rest of the loose branches and possibly adding some background links.

Still debating on whether or not to have it split off into 2 separate chapter 3s or split the main story after chapter 2 is completed.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
What the hell, wall of text again. Is this happening to anyone else?

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Testing.

Spacing.

Paragraph. Let's see if this comes out looking like it should. On the forums it's annoying, but I really don't want this text wall problem occurring when I'm adding to Eternal.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Typed directly into the box that time and still got wall of text. Must be a problem with the site.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

That's weird. It's not showing up as a wall of text with me.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
Lol, probably something wrong with my computer then.

I'm using firefox and I just checked using safari. Same thing.

I'll check again on a PC later.

I spaced every one of these sentences, so I'll see if it happens again. EDIT: Yeah, it did.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

They don't appear spaced to me. None of the posts do.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

All walls of text from my end.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I can see the spaces, but I don't see any paragraphs.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I only see wall of texts.

it's slenderman...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Yes, my? his influence has spread beyond just white-pages! The Slenderman legions shall emerge victorious.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

There spaced, but no paragraphs. (Firefox)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Same here, I see spaces, no paragraphs. Maybe it's this thread? I'll check.

Did the paragraph work?

EDIT: Yes it did.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I'm still not sure what's going on. I've used a Mac and a PC, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer and I'm getting walls of text no matter what thread I post in. (As well as copy/pasting or writing directly into the box)

I'm going to switch over to the rich text editor and see if that works.

EDIT: Rich text editor corrected the problem, so I guess I'll use this for posting on the forums and just take it off for when I do story stuff.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Glad you figured out a work around.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Update?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

As I said a bunch of posts up (mixed in the sea of text), I'm on year 35.

A lot of stuff is going to occur during this year. I'm now leaning towards splitting the story into two chapter 3s as originally planned.

Also have to go back and do a few background links for Year 32 and year 30 before I move on too much. I find that I should do background links right away since if I don't I can sometimes forget stuff and I have slog through various parts of the story and refresh my memory.

As for the story itself, I'd actually like to tell you some of the stuff that's going, but I can't give anything away! As I said before though I think this path has a few more elements that make it a little darker.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

"I think this path has a few more elements that make it a little darker. "

Wait... DarkER? Everybody brace yourselves, we're going to be personally strangling children in front of their mothers.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Strangling ha, more like sacrificing Aztec style, to the Shadow God.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

My dreams are coming true right before my eyes.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

While we do this on a hill in the center of the Capital(of the empire) the city is on fire and lots of people burn to death. We then become the mortal avatar of the Shadow God and assist him in taking over the world. :)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Lol.

Well milage may vary and I'll no doubt get a few people saying it wasn't hardcore enough, but I think its a little darker due to the fact that the protagonist is slightly more fucked up mentally. Having Mistress as a trainer for another four more year by yourself will do that. Don't worry its not a "oh poor me, I'm so emo because I had a tragic childhood" thing.

Its more like the uncontrolled rage of smashing a dark elf's face in and stomping it into bloody gooey mush because he mouthed off to you and it reminded you of Mistress. Or by the same token, fighting the urge to violently rape and dismember a female svelk captain because again she mouthed off to you and it REALLY reminded you of Mistress.

But it isn't all psychotic episodes and hateful relationships for the protagonist though. The Emperor and the Empire in general give him a certain stability. If anything the protagonist tends to be even more duty bound than the soldier path, though there of course are branches that deal with the potential struggle with that aspect.

Let's see other things I can mention without giving too much away…

You can actually win the Felkan War this time, we won't dwell on what can happen to the gnomes…

You can visit Mortos the island of necromancers. I'm currently working on this bit right now.

And this isn't that much of a spoiler since I'm pretty sure everyone figured I was going to add a path like this, but yes you can take over the Empire proper with no messy downfall and rebuilding process.

For chapter 3 I've got one major event planned that I was going to put in since I first started writing this story, but that comes near the end, so I've still been trying to figure out all the stuff in between. I've already got some ideas though.

Also after thinking about it some more I have decided on two separate chapter 3s, but I'm thinking now the other paths is going to be completely different from what I first envisioned. I'm still going to keep some of what I originally had planned, but it might end up being a second path that leads to another epilogue within the other major story branch.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Well, going on a trip soon. Might come back to check in every now and then if I can.

So here's a major update since it might be awhile.

I have completed one full path for chapter 2 which was definitely one of my goals before the New Year. I'll probably have time to work on my story a bit while I'm on my trip so I'm pretty confident that I'll get the second major path finished along with the background links as well.

If I get really ambitious I'll manage to complete all of chapter 2's side branches before the New Year, but I doubt that'll happen. We'll see. Either way I feel like I'm at least on schedule or slightly ahead of it.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

And so your legion of hooded men shall wait.

Upda-

*Gets muffled by the twenty other hooded figures.*

Eternal Update

11 years ago

*As swift is dragged away the stage is set on fire and a single man  walks out through the smoke.*

La resistance demands anoth-agh...

*He drops dead from a cross-bolt through the head*

Eternal Update

11 years ago

A hooded figure launches a messenger seagull (<--- Yes, a seagull) in the sky.

It drops a message down on the keep where the Shadows live.

In it, it says:

"FOUR SCORE AND SEVEN DAYS AGO, THERE WAS ACTIVE SMALL-TALK.  HAS THERE BEEN ANY PROGRESS?"

Eternal Update

11 years ago

There has been some progress. Unsurprisingly I didn't finish chapter 2 before the new year. I did finish up some of the minor branches though. Got about 14 minor branches to sew up first.

I actually rewrote the major path to chapter 3 I finished because after overlooking it I realized that the original text wasn't going to cut it and I had to insert some vital stuff for the main story, and not just add them to a background link. (Which deleted the need for the number of background links I originally had planned)

As for the second major branch I'm back to wondering what I'm going to do with it. At this point I think its going to end up going in a vastly different direction from what I envisioned. I'm probably going to work on that after I finish up all the other minor branches first.

Anyway I'm still on my vacation so I'm hoping to still get most of this chapter 2 stuff all finished at least before I come back. Well at least most of them anyway.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

"I am Endmaster, Storyteller of Story's, Look upon my work ye noobs and writebadfictionandbadfanfictiononwhatevercrapyoudecidetoread in despair..."                          -Found 19 days ago

If only he had updated on the Eternal Story... -Explorer Captain Fireplay.

*Exploration Group: Fireplay the awesome Captain, Swiftstriker the Ranger, AtomicWaste the Demolitions&Mutations Expert, CovElite the Extra, Aman the Facial-Hair Expert, and finally BerkaZerka as Packpengiun. Also other's not named. =D

*The titles above do not include the Captain's view of the Group.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Chapter 2 should be finished before the end of the month.

No other major update except one of the chapter 3s is going in a completely different direction from the one originally envisioned.

More work of course but should be a suitably different experience.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Chapter 2 is finished. For those interested in pointless stats I took the time to count up a few things.

Current stats for Eternal:

279 pages- 312 choices- 339,094 words

Here's a new update of what I have far finished. Keep in mind all this stuff is still on Word, so when I transfer it over, it'll probably be less as far as pages are concerned.

Chap 1: Born to Kill: 32 pages: 14,933 words

Chap 2: Fortunate Son: 162 pages: 76,716 words

That chapter 2 is much larger than the one I did for either the soldier (67pgs) or shadow (91pgs) paths. I didn't intend for that to happen, but that the way the writing went.

There are also all the background links that I have so far, though this is subject to go up due to additions for the chapter 3s.

Background Links: 27 pages: 13,875 words

Total written for this path so far: 221 pages: 105,524 words

The next two sections I have to complete are:

Chapter 3C1: Successor

Chapter 3C2: Relic

I have no idea how long those are going to be.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I have only one question, is there any baby stomping yet?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

How about infant grinding?  Or dismemberment?  Or IDK?  

Eternal Update

11 years ago

No slaughter of old people? Why all the baby hate, just make their life suck until their old then kill them. Much more fun. :)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I almost don't want to spoil it but due to the lively discussion about baby throwing in one of the other threads...

"They are both in a city where a large crowd of dark elves are gathered having a good time throwing what looks to be elven babies against a nearby wall which has a big target on it."

Never let it be said that I don't listen to public demand or at least the gruesome suggestions of a few bloodthirsty readers.

Those poor poor elven babies...Lol.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

You. Evil. Sick. Amazing. Bastard.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

You know, I have no idea if I'm happy about that line or not. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

All I can say is thank you.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Never fear my more highbrow readers! The baby throwing scene isn't gratuitous. It's actually important to the story!

No really, it's part of a bigger scene that's related to Mistress.

If it wasn't baby throwing I would've just had to write some other form of unthinkable cruelty in there anyway, so I just figured since there had already been a minor discussion about the act of baby throwing on the forums I might as well "throw" it in. Ha ha.

And yes, baby throwing is a sport in svelk society. No need to debate about it.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

you never did tell us how many epilogues your planning for this path?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I did. I said two more originally to round it out to an even ten total.

Though with some of the changes I've been making there could be up to three or four new epilogues.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

The more the better. :)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

could never said it better more epilogues please.  

Eternal Update

11 years ago

It feels longer than 17 days... (possibly because i'm rereading eternal)

Update?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Currently working on Ch3C2: Relic

Going in semi-unprepared on this one since its a storyline I just came up with about a month ago. A lot of this is getting made up as I go along, but I've making a brief outline as well. 

So far I've had to establish a lot of background stuff mainly due to the circumstances that occur to the protagonist, though I think I've gotten most of that out of the way now so I can get on with moving the story forward. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

You, sir, are too damned good. ;)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I can't wait until you write this new addition. I actually read necromancer when i came across it one day searching for games online. I actually joined this site because i liked this game so much.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

It seems like almost everyone joined because of one of Endmaster's games! Me included!

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Man I am itching for another update, I think I may be addicted. So can I get my fix?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Hey, don't you take my delivery! I need it more! o.O

*Attempts to choke atomic unconscious before the update arrives.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I remember there was some other dude in the old thread (when I was working on the shadow path) who was asking for updates a lot, but I can't be bothered to look it up right now.

Anyway there isn't much to report. Got distracted with some other stuff and while I did work on Eternal, I ended up having to scrap some of what I wrote because the story wasn't flowing right to me. So some rewrites were in order.

I've corrected the story flow already and I'm working on the next bit right now.

I'd tell you what year I'm on, but I'm not sure if it would actually help you determine exactly how close I am to finishing up this path since this one is a little different plus it might give away some stuff, but then again I could just be really vague about it, so...

Year 540

And I know I've still got quite a bit to go on this one story wise, not sure how it might end yet. Got a couple of ideas though.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Oh...   So we get immortality(or long life or something like that. :p ) for saving the empire? Maybe we become the new emperor?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

That was me but I steped down so fireplay could take over.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I just checked the thread, and while you certainly did do your share of asking for updates, the one I was thinking about isn't even here anymore. Someone called Joylessbrute.

I'm guessing Urnam0 is probably still waiting until I finish the whole story before he reads it.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Seriously, I was wondering if Eternal was just referring to how long I would have to wait to read this story.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

OMFG, I'm actually remembered here. I haven't been on this site for so long, nice to finally rediscover this site though.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Gotta outlast them all...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

?etadpU

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Not that much of one, just some background links and rewriting a bunch of stuff and recently eliminating a particular storyline that I might use for another branch instead.

I'm on Year 550 though.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Hopefully you still have infant chucking that far into the future...

If not, then you need to introduce more sports.  How about live elderly dismemberment?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

or maybe aztec-style sacrifice's?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

That's way too tame.

Pregnant cannibalism?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

That could be included in the Aztec-sacrifice since they ate the dude body after the heart is ripped out. Instead we eat him/her first then rip out the heart. Preferably still beating. o.O

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Where to start...

How about the fingers and toes, and then we can work from there?  Save the organs for last (minus the epidermis, you can eat all of that).

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Update please?

The ER site renewed my anticipation for Eternal again.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Slowly but surely...

I'm on year 555 and the ideas of how to end the main branch are starting to Come together. Just have two or three major events that I need to write out, then go back and do all the minor branching.

After all that, only one main branch to go.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

So Endmaster, would you be so kind as to how Eternal is doing?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Mustache Penguin war screwed up the work for him, no doubt.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I figured that, I just want to know how he was doing before he got distracted. lol

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I'm trying to finish up year 557. I'm anticipating a few more branching passages and then the epilogue for it should be completed. Then I need to work on another branch for the second epilogue for this main path which should be about the same length.

Then A LOT of minor branches.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Are you ever going to write a book in real life? You are one of the best writers on this site and it surprises me that you have not gone pofessional. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I've been asked that before, I'll give the answer I usually do.

I write mainly for fun and as a hobby. If I ever felt like it was a "work" then it would be ruined for me. At this point I don't even like writing straight forward fiction anymore, I doubt if I'd have the patience to write a proper book. To be honest I don't even like participating in contests. There's usually rules, restriction and I prefer to just do my own thing at my own pace.

However that's not to say if anyone came up to me and made me an offer of money for writing something I wouldn't consider it. It's just I'm not going to be excessively active about making writing into a "job."

I guess an example of mixing business and pleasure was when March suggested I submit Necromancer into the last contest CYS had on here. I didn't plan on doing so since like I said I don't even really like participating in contests, but since I was asked, I figured why not. Then I won 75 dollar check and paid a bill with some of the money.

I remember the Stephen King quote:

“If you wrote something for which someone sent you a check, if you cashed the check and it didn't bounce, and if you then paid the light bill with the money, I consider you talented.”

Good enough for me.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Oh and since I'm on…

I'm on Year 560.

Getting closer to an epilogue, perhaps even two of them.

I can honestly say this entire branch turned out very different from how I first envisioned. Turned out very different, but that's good since it won't be similar to any of the other ones.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I'd be disappointed if our 560 year old pedophilic Eternal committed suicide.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

No suicide, but I have no idea where you're getting pedophile from.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Since every Endmaster game requires some odd sex life depicted? (Heck, even GZ had that with the robot :P)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Maybe a little odd, but I didn't make the Eternal a pedo. He always tends to either be asexual or monogamist. The only time it's implied he's sleeping with more than a few women is when he's a merc.

Relationships and sex never seems to be a big priority for him unless he's already in one.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

And that's why you need to have some odd sex in there. Sex sells, Endmaster, sex sells.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Stop ruining the ending for everybody but Endmaster, yourself, and I. You give them away to early! Now Endmaster has to revise the entire story to deal with your foolishness! :)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Spoiler for Aman (and everyone else I guess)

Oh there's a few bits of sexual oddness going on in part of this third branch, don't worry about that. It just isn't the perversion that Swift was suggesting.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Hell yeah. Now eternal is a true Endmaster game. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Nice, I think that this is going to be an interesting 3rd  Edition to Eternal. 

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I wish I could recruit EndMaster to write the sex-scenes in my Conan The Barbarian - based game I'm working on.

I just know he could do barbarian orgies and the molesting of cabin-boys justice, all the while keeping it subtle and dignified  ^-^

Eternal Update

11 years ago

*Scoot-scoot*

<.<

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Heavily panting and trying to push herself up off the floor with her good arm. Mistress turns her head enough so she can see your face. Her eyes still display that coldness you’re used to, but there’s something else there. Something…seductive.

“I bet right now, you don’t know whether to kill me… or fuck me.”
“Wha…what?” you exclaim.

Her taunts, her laughter, everything about her are enough to put you over the edge. The twisted thing is she’s right. You do feel some sort of…the word isn’t attraction…you don’t know what the correct word for it would be, but you feel it.

Well someone did say they wanted more romance...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Eternal Update

11 years ago

It feels like Fifty Shades of Grey all over again...

Except with dark-skinned elves.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

lol, is this actually part of the new edition or just something you wrote up on the spot?

Eternal Update

11 years ago

A snippet and very condensed version of a much longer scene.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

One epilogue finished. Will try to finish up another one tomorrow or at least sometime this week.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Sounds like classic hate sex.  Also why pick one just kill her as you fuck her.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Because some people (not pointing fingers) might have actually liked Mistress?

Also, isn't that kinda reverse pedophilia?  Or extreme cougar chasing? (I assume that Mistress would be around the age of 40-100+ when she's training you as a kid, seeing how she's an elf.)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Lol, what's up with Swift and the pedo stuff?

Mistress doesn't have sex with you when you're a child. You're "of age" when it happens.

Extreme cougar chasing made me laugh though. Sounds like some bad reality show.

Well either that or hardcore MILF porn.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Are those paths like this?

1)Path one: Shadow Guard - agility, stealth , rogue (done)

2) Path two: Warrior - strength, leadership, swordskill (done)

3) Path three: Mage - magical abilities <--- will this be it??? (developing)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Well, not quite.

There's mercenary.

A King.

Warrior.

Shadow Guard.

The next one will be with the upcoming Emperor.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Still, I don't think that we would EVER catch her up to fit in with the "half your life + 7 years" rule.

Well, maybe if we were like 100+ years of age, and she was like 200-300+ years...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

She's actually much older than 300 years by the time you meet her as a child.

The Empire itself is around 400 years old and she's known the Emperor before he actually founded it. (Marik the derro did too) Plus the Svelk Empire was still around when she was a child, so she's already been around quite a long time.

But like I mentioned, as a "human" you're still "of age" when this event occurs so it's not really that big of a deal.

Plus this being a fantasy setting with medieval trappings you've got boys going of to war and  girls getting married as young as 14 so you really can't put the modern standard on certain social mores. Let alone for different very long lived races.

Anyway working on finishing up the next epilogue.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

I dunno.

I find it weirder for a young men to marry older women in the medieval ages (save Asian medieval era), especially when it was the other way around (not having the older guys have the younger girls, like what usually happened in the medieval ages).

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Well yeah if she was human then that might be odd, but she's not human and you're not marrying her.

You're basically hate fucking (as Cool put it) a woman that still looks like she's in her 20s by human standards that just happens to be over 500 years old. (At least)

Within the context of what you were doing with her before it happens and how she manages to turn on the charm during it is probably way more twisted than the age difference.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Fuck...

Yes?

indecision

Eternal Update

11 years ago

It seemed more logical for the young women to marry older men since those young women can actually birth more children than the 60-80 year woman next to them. This still makes sense today.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Oh to hell with it…

All this stuff happens really early so its not really a spoiler anyway.

Year 16

You stand alone before Mistress face to face in the room you’ve been trained in by her for the past four years. You’re training has been grueling to say the least, you’ve been forced to fight various beasts and people using traditional weapons as well as battle magic. You’ve been subjected to harsh environment conditions not to mention the psychological torture that Mistress seems to enjoy. You can’t imagine that your classmates had training this tough.

“Today is the big day Eternal. Today is the day you get to kill me with your own bare hands.” Mistress says with her usual wry smile. “Think you can handle that?”
“If that’s what my training entails today, I shall certainly do my best, Mistress.”
“Your best won’t be good enough I assure you. Better you should just accept your death now or beg for mercy…but I believe we know you won’t do either of those things mainly because you’re too stupid to know your place.”
“If you say so Mistress.”

Mistress’ smile becomes a disappointed frown. She would prefer you to fear her, but that’s no longer going to happen so she’d at least like you to get angry which does happen from time to time. It isn’t always easy maintaining a detached demeanor given how much abuse you’ve put up with, but if you’ve learned anything, it annoys the hell out of her.

“Your attempt at remaining emotionless just continues to prove what a mindless fool you are. Attempting to show bravery when today is the day you know you’re…”

And before she can even complete her sentence you throw a punch at her face. She dodges, but doesn’t quite make it and part of your fist hits the side of her cheek, which staggers her backwards.

You press your attack with another punch, but are blocked when she throws up her hand creating a force shield.

“Too bad, that was the only chance you’re going to get.” She says and knocks you to the ground with sweeping kick to your feet.

You barely have to time to roll out of the way before Mistress conjures some sort of magical sword in her hand and tries to impale you with it. You get enough distance to cast firebolts at her, but again she blocks them with her barrier. She counters with some sort of ice cone, which covers you in frost and chills you to the bone before you can counter it with your own barrier.

Mistress is relentless with casting spell after spell and you’re getting weaker with each passing moment just trying to keep up your defenses. Mistress’ magic is not only stronger than yours, but she’s also had a lot more experience in maintaining her stamina while using it. If you keep this up, she’ll kill you for sure.

“I’ve seen better magic cast by half blind hedge wizards!” Mistress mocks and casts a poison cloud that suddenly envelops you within your own protective barrier. You instantly feel sick and stagger out of the cloud, dropping your barrier in the process.

Taking advantage of your distraction she throws her magic sword which probably would’ve decapitated you had you not had your head down and vomiting up a bit of blood at the time. As it stands you merely feel the blade graze the top of your head.

You look up just in time for her to conjure a new weapon, which materializes in her hand. You waste no time in conjuring one of your own to deflect the second attack she attempts to bring down on your head.

“Quit struggling monkey. You’re no match for me in martial combat either!”

She might be right, but just like when you were five, you’re not going to just accept death. With all your might you push her back with your weapon and then drop it only to grab her by the wrist with both hands and break it. Mistress makes a yelp and drops her weapon.

She kicks you in the crotch and punches you in the side of the head with her one good hand. You feel pain, but try to ignore it as you trade another couple of punches and kicks with her before pulling her to the floor while crushing all your weight on her left arm which you were still holding by her broken wrist. The pair of you rolls on the floor for a moment and at this point you’re severely bleeding from scratches on your face and head. She must’ve had a hidden blade on her as well because you definitely feel one go into your back and being twisted around. She attempts to bite your throat out, but you headbutt her in the nose and rotate her around with her left arm. You break it to the point where the bone has snapped out from the skin. She stifles her urge to cry out and instead tries to break free, but you’re doing the best you can to prevent her from going anywhere by pressing all your weight on her and using your free hand to reach around to choke her.

The pair of you are a mess, but that’s not the weird part, the weird part is you’re starting to get…excited.

“(Gasp) I can feel your enthusiasm…pressing into me. Well…(gasp) is it everything you expected Eternal?” Mistress asks, which catches you so off guard you release your grip from her neck.

Heavily panting and trying to push herself up off the floor with her good arm. Mistress turns her head enough so she can see your face. Her eyes still display that coldness you’re used to, but there’s something else there. Something…seductive.

“I bet right now, you don’t know whether to kill me… or fuck me.”
“Wha…what?” you exclaim.
“Don’t deny it…you’ve always wanted me in this way. I know how you’ve looked at my body lustfully during our training sessions. I know your violent primal urges. All the hatred you’ve built up over the years for me could only be unleashed in this way. The need to conquer and defile your enemy in every way imaginable. And who am I, but your enemy? Finish it Eternal or am I mistaken and you’re lacking in that simple task as well?” She says and begins to laugh.

Her taunts, her laughter, everything about her are enough to put you over the edge. The twisted thing is she’s right. You do feel some sort of…the word isn’t attraction…you don’t know what the correct word for it would be, but you feel it.

You release her arm and painfully pull the bloody dagger out of your back to slice the back of her form fitting clothing and rip most of it off of her. While she continues to taunt you, you toss the dagger aside, proceed to pull down your own breeches and thrust into her roughly from behind.

From there it gets surreal as she goes from continuing to taunt you and what are presumably sounds of ecstasy. She even demands that you to continue choking her. All of this puts you in such a state of confusion that you have a hard time even finishing. This whole experience is quite unknown to you as you’ve only read about such activities, but certainly never engaged in them. Surely, it isn’t always like this?

When you’ve finished you briefly collapse backwards which is all the time Mistress needs to gain her advantage. She grabs the bloody dagger you pulled out your back and stabs you in the leg with it. You think she was aiming higher, but you managed to drag yourself out of the way in time to avoid such a grievous injury. Unfortunately she still manages to cast some sort of force spell and slam you against the wall with it. You can’t move no matter how hard you try. Mistress, naked and bloodied from your battle approaches you with one useless broken arm and her other hand up keeping the spell with the cruel smile on her face you’re used to seeing.

“Look at you, you’re already spent.” she remarks getting closer to you as you feel her spell continuing to crush you into the wall.

“All right. That will do. I don’t know what the point of all this was, but I’m putting an end to it right now.” Mr. Mol suddenly says. You didn’t even see him enter the room, though you were sort of pre-occupied.
“Mmm, interesting that you waited until after the floor show before putting an end to it Jacob. Did our actions excite you as well? Maybe you could’ve joined in or perhaps you just like to watch. Yes, I imagine watching is something a eunuch like yourself is only capable of.”

Mistress releases her spell as Mr. Mol comes closer to the pair of you. You slump to the floor exhausted.

“The Emperor says he’s ready now and there is no more need to test him.” Mr. Mol says.
“Maybe not for your precious Emperor, but I needed to test him for myself.” Mistress replies.
“For what purpose?”
“Just to see if he was up to the challenge, but he was severely lacking in every way just as I suspected. Take your creation Jacob, I am done with him.”

Still in discussion with Mr. Mol, Mistress isn’t paying attention to you at all. You are beneath her notice now and you aren’t sure if that makes you madder than the fact that she just defeated you in battle when you thought for sure you had her beat. You stare at the dagger in your leg and think how easy it would be to use it on that bitch while she isn’t paying attention.

1. Stab Mistress with the knife

2. Resist the urge

There you go, a complete page sneak preview until the entire thing is finished.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Fastest page I've read.  Wonder why...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Hmm...

Eternal Update

11 years ago

*Picks 1. just to watch her die and then my eternal get killed for murdering her or something like that.*

wow. good job Endmaster, I hope you finish Eternal 3rd-Edition soon.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

After beating the nuts out of Eternal after getting raped, I don't think I want to touch Mistress again, not until year 25.

Eternal Update

11 years ago
I like the Mistress part. Hope we get to see her again soon, maybe bang her again >=). Or have an Epilogue with her >=D.
Call me crazy but I kinda like that kinda ending, either that or SOMEONE STOLE MY BAG OF PEANUTS, AGAIN!

Eternal Update

11 years ago

*seconded

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Only posting here so that I can post right after Drak every time he posts.

I do love eternal though.

Eternal Update

11 years ago

everyone loves eternal, everone.

Universe: everyone, do you love eternal?

Everyone: F*ck yes!

Universe: do you want more?

Everyone: F*ck yes!

Universe: do you want to know why forge is posting after drakilian for some reason?

Everyone: who the f*ck is drakilian? forge-who? MOAR ETERNAL!

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Actually, we need less real-life and more time during the day to write Eternal a lot faster. Then we can have our MOAR-ETERNAL. :)

Eternal Update

11 years ago

Damn.. Just.. Damn..

Eternal Update

11 years ago

i really do hope the stab her isn't a dead end but a path to multiple epilouges

Eternal Update

10 years ago

this is sounding incredible. My favorite game on this site is getting even better

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Now that I think about it...

Mistress is versatile in a sado-maso relationship.  Literally can do both roles, well.

Eternal Update

10 years ago
Hope the Mistress relationship gets maybe a little less sado-maso. I mean a knife in your back when you do her everytime, lolzzz. =D

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I don't know whether to laugh or puke.

Eternal Update

10 years ago
Well im Undead I can´t puke, soo laugh then.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

He means that he needs to puke, not you.

Eternal Update

10 years ago
Laugh or puke for him. I'm still gonna laugh myself. Ahahahahaha. Crap! Dislocated my jawbone!

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Beating Fireplay to the punch…

Two epilogues finished, bringing the story total to ten which was the original goal, so now the final story is definitely going to have more than 10.

Finished up all the background links for this storyline.

16 minor links to finish up in this storyline, though some of those are going to branch out further so it's probably more than 16.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Actually I was going to wait for one more day before asking again. :P

Thanks for writing up Eternal Endmaster, it's an amazing story.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

What he said.

How long until you're done? (an estimate) like, 6, 7 months?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Dunno. I'd like to say that I'll be completely finished with this particular branch at least before the end of May, which means I'll just have one more main branch to go.

Given that this one main branch took me about five months, I'd like to say the last one will take me another five months. I'm at least hoping to finish this story before the next year starts!

The advantage I have with the last branch is I definitely already know how a couple of the endings/epilogues are going to go for that one.

The only real obstacle with the last branch is I need to figure out some major events in between to make it just as action packed as this other one I'm still finishing up.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Yay! That means we can play another branch of Eternal soon! Thanks for being so awesome, Endmaster!

Eternal Update

10 years ago
Indeed, can´t wait for the final Eternal update. Actually I can. I´ll go take a snooze in my crypt.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Wow, I possibly just made a more fucked up scene than the one I posted in this thread. Didn't exactly intend to do that, but that's where the writing took me today. It isn't exactly on the main path though, so you may or may not come across it. Come to think of it, I did that with a couple other entries with the more graphic text.

Think of them as Easter eggs I guess. Bloody, disturbing Easter eggs.

Anyway currently 7 loose ends to complete for this branch. (Again, probably a little more due to extra branching from said loose ends)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

So how many branches do you have left? 

Eternal Update

10 years ago

After I complete the 7 loose ends for this branch? I have one more major story branch and that's going to be at least another hundred pages on Word at least, probably more.

Saved that one for last because I have a big plan for the endings in that one. I've had one of the endings in my mind since I started this story, so it'll be somewhat of a relief when I can finally work on the branch.

Eternal Update

10 years ago
EndMaster + big plan = Awesome??

I think so.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Update for Eternal?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Nothing significant. It's only been two days since the last one and that one was pretty early!

Here, have some more dialog...

“But there’s a target and points and everything! How the hell is it not a sport?!” Semra asks.

“Just doesn’t seem like one to me. Gladiator matches I can see. There’s clearly skill and training involved.” you answer.

“You think there isn’t any training or skill with baby throwing? Do you realize how much sveld babies squirm about before your throw them? It’s not like just lobbing a nice round rock you know. They don’t tend to fly straight, you have to practice and adjust for wind and all kinds of other little factors. Like whether or not the baby has eaten within the last couple of hours or so.”

“What? If you’re going to kill them anyway why the hell would you even feed them so close before throwing them?”

“It shouldn’t surprise you, but baby throwing is taken VERY seriously in svelk society. So much so that some like to cheat by secretly feeding their opponent’s babies before hand. Nothing worse than a baby-spraying diarrhea all over you while you’re swinging it around to throw. Even the smell could distract you from your throw and cause you to lose valuable points.”

“I dunno, still just seems more like a celebrated svelk activity than an actual sport to me. I mean why don’t you consider torturing elves a sport? Surely the torturers have practiced their trade enough to keep victims alive long enough to give a good show.” you ask.

“Because that’s not a sport, that’s a fucking art! (Sigh) You humans are such uncultured barbarians.”

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Geez, I'd love to prove that svelk bastard wrong one day...

Torture is a bit of a workout when your trying to hold your victims in place, even with bondage.

Eternal Update

10 years ago
I´m more in favor of BDSM that svelk, then fucking her senseless.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

4 minor branches to go before the Relic chapter is completed. These remaining ones are probably going to be a bit of a slog since they don't end immediately in death meaning I have to think up extra ways to kill you and make it work within the storyline.

Its more work for me, but more choices for you.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

so will we wait for both major branches to be released or will relic be published while you are working on the other one? Either way i know it will be great.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Well, I could go ahead and publish the first and second chapters and the third chapter Relic branch, but the problem is the 3rd chapter Successor branch of course begins in the second chapter and it doesn't neatly do so. (Unlike the choices you get in the beginning where I could just add them in)

You'd end up getting a dead end in one of the paths, and I think we all know everyone hates that around here.

Plus its always a semi big deal when you take a story down to alter it so its best to do it as little as possible.

So there won't be an update to the story itself until everything is completed.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I'd prefer for you to finish everything before putting it in the story. Like how you did with the Shadow path.

Good luck Endmaster. :)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Relic Chapter is complete. Happily a little ahead of schedule.

Will move on to the Successor Chapter soon.

In other news, here's my current favorite comment on Eternal:

"Well I wasn't gonna let Gerald get fucked."

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Meh, he handled himself well.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Currently on Year 37 for one of the main paths for the new Successor chapter. So far there will be three major ones that I have envisioned, so that will bring the total number of epilogues up to 13. Three more than I originally had planned.

I should also mention this chapter as well as the chapter I just finished do have new enemies/monsters. Some play a small role, while others not so much. Considering I haven't even gotten very far in this new chapter yet, so some of them might even have bigger roles (or cut altogether if I don't think they're going to fit)

And of course I've added new characters and altered old ones as appropriate to the changes of events.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Eternal is probably the game that most people are eagerly waiting for Endmaster to finish so they can read it in it's complete awesomeness. 

Eternal Update

10 years ago

this is gonna be awsome

Eternal Update

10 years ago

And I thought we were ready.  NURP.

Eternal Update

10 years ago
  • so.. 5 months?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

That, or about another part of a year until...winter or something.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Coming soon to CYOA.com Febuary 7, 2014

Swordfighting, long-life and baby-tossing sports!

All in Eternal by Endmaster.

*Note: The actual publish date may vary.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

shhhhh don't jinx it

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Is it just me, or did you never specify what Eternals are clad in?  I do have a rough idea that it's armor of a sort, but platemail, lamellar, or chainmail is unknown to me :P

Eternal Update

10 years ago

As I recall I've briefly mentioned it at times…or maybe I didn't. Can't remember, though you're right in that I've never been specific about it.

In the soldier path you (and your fellow Eternals) are probably wearing the same thing that the average Empire soldier is wearing which is a type of mail. Basically something similar to what they were using during the Roman Empire (The lorica hamata and lorica segmentata) but even stronger because well this is a fantasy setting after all.

If you become a Shadow then you (and your fellow Shadows) are most likely just wearing regular dark cloth. They rely on their magic speed so no need for any armor to slow them down.

When you're working directly for the Emperor, you're probably wearing something lighter than what the army wears. Probably enchanted leather armor or something. You've got the ability to cast magic shields in that path, so again you don't need as much of it and you need to remain unencumbered.

The only people in the Empire wearing heavy armor are the orcs who are using some sort of reinforced plate mail. (Probably with spiky bits on the shoulders)

Of course by the time the Empire falls or in the one case actually survives past year 35, technology is changing with the appearance of more gun powder weapons so armor probably becomes less important though not quite obsolete yet.

Now that I'm thinking about it, there is one path where I do remember mentioning your armor a few times and that's due to the fact that its so "retro" that it's actually making you stand out from everyone (Though definitely not the only reason) since nobody is even wearing the stuff anymore due to the advances in firearms. Soldiers are just wearing regular uniforms by that point.

And before Fireplay asks…

I had 20 some odd pages written out on Word for the new storyline but…

I scrapped it all!

Well not exactly, I actually kept it all, but I took it all out of the main storyline which is undergoing a rewrite, I'm probably going to use portions of it (maybe even most of it for a particular branch) but I decided to go in another direction with the main story.

I've currently got five pages written out on Word now and it's on Year 37.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

No baby skin cloaks or underwear? I'm disappointed...

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Well I guess I better write in a scene where Mistress is wearing baby elf skin undies now.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Ughhh, can't remove the image...is imprinted forever.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

If I remember correctly you mention the armour when you (Beg choice) head to Rask after the empire falls. The people see you and your armour thinking that the empire sent you to kill them and later when you go to see Edgar when he is dieing. One of the soldiers who escort you mention something about your outdated armour.

Thanks for keeping at this storygame Endmaster. :)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Please oh please don't encourage end to torture people to get ideas. Please. In fact his stories should be banned because he totures those poor poor people.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I think you read that wrong. Fireplay wasn't encouraging any sort of torture in his post.

Besides I hardly need any encouragement to add torture to stories.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I'm pretty sure Galo just encouraged you to write more torture scenes. :P

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Shit.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

lol How did you pick out torture from my post? Beside's that would be an unspoken request from most of us to Endmaster anyways.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

You are encouraging him to write,but he needs to torture to write so you are encouraging him.

I was a little sleep deprived, so I was a little insane.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Update? ?etadpU

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Year 40

11 pages so far.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Can we have a sequel to Necromancer/Death Song?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I wonder who will finish their work first: Endmaster on Eternal or George R. R. Martin on A Song of Ice and Fire?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Endmaster. What if he is G.R.R martin?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFfP4gZGpok

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Already thanked this person in the PM, but I'll make a public thanks to OunknownO for pointing out that in the "Truth" background of the Empire, I accidentally put that the Empire had been around for about half a century (give or take a decade). Of course I meant its been around for about half of a millennium (give or take a century).

I'll be fixing that in the update.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

wow, I never noticed that. Thank's OunknownO! 

Eternal Update

10 years ago

.emit lanrete ekat lliw hcihw, lanrete no etadpU

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I think it's trying to communicate. What should we do?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Sorry my bad, I didn't know you people spoke the dirty language english. Update on Eternal, which will take eternal time.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Well!

Eternal Update

10 years ago

To ck a few posts above:

If I actually had a good concept for a potential sequel I might do one for Necro/DS, but as it stands I currently don't and I'd rather just leave those stories alone rather than make what I would consider an inferior addition.

It's basically why I tend to avoid sequels/prequels/and all other "quels" in general.

Anyway minor update:

Year 42-45 (Haven't made up my mind yet, but that's where I'm currently at on the timeline)

21 pages so far. So I already made up the stuff that scrapped awhile back.

Might create a new update page, this one's getting fairly big.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

i imagine a necromancer sequel would be hard seeing as everything was well... dead at the end of the game. on the other hand its your game so its totally up to you what you want to do.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

It could be the story of how the ancient lich was finally killed, about how gods and demons united in a desire to strike him down, lest he destroy all life.

Or it could be the story of how much ass he whipped while being a lich

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Hey just wondering but how many endings are there for eternal cause i am constantly searching for new ones

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Currently there are 8 major endings with an epilogue.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I'm just wondering...

Eternal, as emperor, vs. Necromancer from another world?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Lol.

As powerful as the Eternal can potentially get in the story, he still wouldn't be a match for the Necromancer in his current godly form. It wouldn't be a fair fight.

Mr. Great Lich Lord is off doing whatever it is newly ascended death gods do. (Which is probably collecting souls when people die)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

What about the one where you become a god yourself? (One of the shadow endings, I mean, yeah you technically aren't really conscious, but if you were to suddenly gain sentience and a fight went down...)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Those would be the Eternal Messiah or Eternal Terror paths. The Eternal still isn't a god in those cases though, Dendrin even says he's not turning him into a god in one instance, he just melds him into the plane of shadow in which the Eternal continues to exist in a certain fashion and can continue to give the shadows their magic power, but that's about it. At best the Eternal is about as powerful as Dendrin who actually wasn't a proper god either, just a powerful being acting like one.

So no god war between the Necro and the Eternal.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Hey random(and useless) thought but what if the Eternal was actually the Lich Lord exploring a different world.

That's why you can just restart when you are killed since you can't actually die being a Death God and all. :D

Also can we have an update? 

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Ha ha, no they're not the same person.

Anyway I gave an update a few posts up. No major progress since then. I'm just currently trying to figure out how I want this new character I just introduced to fit into the story and if I'm going to keep him around long enough for him to be significant (and if current old characters are going to stick around to continue to be significant)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Well, what if Dendrin was actually the lich king?

Also, is there any chance that your stories overlap?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

What do you think this is, cartoon network? :P

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Lol, Dendrin wasn't the Lich Lord either. Dendrin was far too whimsical for one thing and didn't have any power over the undead.

As for story overlap, Necromancer and Death Song overlapped due to being set on the same planet, but that's about it.

Though technically I've often played around with the idea that some of my other stories take place within the same "Earth" even if there isn't any direct overlap.

For example Tales From the Basement, Repression, TRASH, and Love SICK seem like they all could take place within more or less the same area.

Geek could take place within the same timeline as those stories, but would be in the past.

Ground Zero could take place within the same timeline as well, but in the near future.

The rest are pretty much their own entity.

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Hehehe overlap :)

Eternal Update

10 years ago

Bump de bump...

So do we get an update for saving the thread from being buried?

Eternal Update

10 years ago

I should just create a new thread since this one is getting really big, but I was waiting until I had a sizable update.