Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Dungeon stompage featured game

11 years ago
I think dungeon stompage should be featured. It's a complete package and i think its par with Mommy. If you ask then, it should be replaced with innkeeper because it is the weakest in featured fantasy games(though it is still good)...

11 years ago
It's no better than Mattias the one Knight.

11 years ago

It appears to be based on ratings though...

Dungeon stompage how to open chest

11 years ago

help! help! whats the code to open the chest with the poison needle, i been trying like crazy man. please help

11 years ago

I'll send a PM  =)

9 years ago

Ah, I also cannot figure out the code...

9 years ago

PM'd ya!   ^v^

11 years ago

I can't even finish it. :|

11 years ago

Get hints in the Dungeon Stompage Help Thread in this forum  :)

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/8699

11 years ago

Or PM me directly of course  ^-^

11 years ago

Dungeon Stompage is a great game, but I feel like all of the Featured Games in Fantasy are better than it.

11 years ago

Obviously, I’d like to see it featured too =)

My argument would be that there is currently no game on the site with better Items use and Scripting. The game sets a new benchmark here. As far as writing style, there are plenty of better writers on the site than me – though you can look at the story and see that the writing is not terrible or anything like that.

Given that all the current top stories are all based largely on their writing, I think it’s time something got featured for it technical superiority and showcasing what you can do with this great site. I can’t say what should be replaced by it, but if you’re having trouble deciding, I suggest just throwing it out on the Site’s Home Page instead ;-)

Yeah, it’s that good.

11 years ago

Agreed!

11 years ago

Before we go any further, I see a bug.

When you get to the gallery, it says that you have the tome to ward off dark spells.  It still says this even though you didn't get the tome yet?  O.O  fix it.

11 years ago

If you do enough damage Sniping the Death Knight, you can actually kill it before it kills you (even without the book). I’ll PM ya though to look into it further…

Ah, I see it now, Fixed :)

11 years ago
Even Skyrim is technicaly FLAWED.

11 years ago

Don't even get me started on trolls ad giants...

11 years ago

Any of the admins and Good Old Boy's Club members read it through yet?

(those who actually make the final decisions on whether it's featured I mean)...

11 years ago

I do not think it beats any of the storygames currently featured in the Fantasy section but I'm in full support of putting it on the front page to show off what the editor can do.

11 years ago

I honestly think Magus:Betrayal is easily beaten by this storygame (and many others in the same category).

It could also be argued that while Death Song and Necromancer are both great storygames on their own, they do overlap quite a bit (literally).

11 years ago

Ah, forgot about Magus: Betrayal. I'd put it around the same level as Dungeon Stompage! personally, but by all means if you were to replace one of the featured storygames in the Fantasy category that'd be the best one to pick.

11 years ago

Magus: Betrayel has a much higher level of writing than Dungeon Stompage does. Karacan wrote something very beautiful in Magus and I believe it's madglee's absolute favorite game on the site. I don't think I'm willing to unfeature that one. And I don't mean that as an insult to Berka either, it's better in terms of pure writing quality than anything I've written either.

If a game is getting unfeatured, it's definitely Innkeeper.

11 years ago

No, inkeeper is better than eternal and magus

srry for being a hater

11 years ago

I completely disagree with you on that one. Neither of those are being unfeatured anytime in the near future.

11 years ago

For now, it's featured on the front page under advanced stories.

11 years ago

Excellent, I am honored  =)

11 years ago

congratz Berka, I havent read it yet but well deserved probably.

11 years ago

Is there a reason it only seems to be there part of the time?

11 years ago

There is too many to fit all of them at once. Every time you refresh, you get a new order, and probably at least one different game.

11 years ago

Yeah. There are something like 7 or 8 front page featured advanced stories and only OMS is a lock (because of its 8 rating), so the others just sub in and out randomly.

11 years ago

I don't like the differentiation between advanced story games and story games for new users. I know it has to do with which editor was used, but I don't like the way that system sorts them out. It puts all of endmaster's works in the left column, "For new users." and all the "Advanced" games on the other. The proposal, as an example, is a great game, no doubt; however, I don't find it more "Advanced" than say, eternal.

11 years ago

I thought it was just to show what you can do in each type of editor. 

11 years ago

Yeah, I'd prefer if it said "Stories using advanced featured" versus "Stories not using advanced features" and keep the advanced users / novice users out of it. Since, a novice user would be fully capable of playing an advanced story.

Either that or have two categories: "Low Maturity Rating / High Maturity Rating" and scrap the editor feature dichotomy instead.

11 years ago

The problem with the maturity rates is that most of the front page games are in the 6-8 ratings range, which would make one group much larger then the other. 

11 years ago

EndMaster just used the basic editor for those awesome games? o__O surprise but those were too complex....

11 years ago

They were complex in story, but they didn't really have stats or items, unless he had some in the games I haven't tried yet.  But so far everything I've completed (or nearly completed) by EndMaster has been purely story driven.

11 years ago

Actually, that's what I like in his stories. You just have to focus on the story itself.

11 years ago

Am I the only one who still thinks Dungeon Stompage should be featured over Innkeeper? I think this game is really unique in terms of how much work and effort went into maps and scripting and battle scenes and I think it'd be good for there to be a bit more variety in the Fantasy section. I really love Endmaster's games, but most of the featured games in the Fantasy section are Endmater's and I'm sure new comers can see how great a writer he is from three of his games as well as they could from four.

11 years ago

I feel this way a bit myself.  EndMaster /is/ quite awesome at the writing, but it does seem that almost the entire front page is taken up by his stories.  I found it intimidating, actually, once I realized it.  Because it seems like people would be hard pressed to beat that.

And, yes, Dungeon Stompage was awesome.  I haven't really seen a lot of stat/item stories that were quite as charming as this one.  Though I wish there was a little more to it.  And maybe that's partly why it's not front page yet.

11 years ago

ER ME GERD IS THE EXPANSION EVEN DO-

*Get's shot by an arrow that comes from nowhere, thanks to my Raven counterpart :P*

11 years ago

The expansion is huge. HUGE I say...

HUGE.