Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Pokemon

11 years ago

So I have been playing the Pokemon games a lot recently and I was wondering what everyone's favorite Pokemon games were? Which was your least favorite? Also with the new Pokemon Black/White 2 coming out what are you expecting? I personally can't wait for the new Pokemon game. My favorite would have to be either Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold or Pokemon White. I know a lot of people didn't like Black/White but I really enjoyed the story of it.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Pokemon emerald is my all time favorite, mainly because of the Battle Frontier there(Especially the battle dome.) 

Pokemon

11 years ago

I haven't played that one yet, I am still fairly new to the Pokemon games. I have played Fire Red, White, Pearl, SoulSilver/HeartGold, and that's it. My least favorite out of all of those is Pearl, but I liked playing all of them. Level 100 Zebsrika to the rescue! My favorite Pokemon have to be Zebstrika, Hydregion, Starapture, Keldeo, Rapidash, and Venusaur.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Do you like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan?(AKA Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan?) I love all the subtle references in pokemon games XD

Pokemon

11 years ago

Yes I do, but I figured I would only give my six favorite sense you can only carry around six Pokemon at a time.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Hehe, you were holding back. I admire that... I am liking, exploding from the inside out because I haven't been able to talk pokemon in a few months XD

Pokemon

11 years ago

Ever sense I started playing Pokemon I haven't been able to put it down, I constantly talk about it with my other two Pokemon Trainers that would probably be Pokemon Champions in the actual Pokemon world. I am however determined to beat them and become the Grandchampion of Pokemon (Around the local area at least). Another thing I have been super into lately is Zelda and I combined the two by naming some of my Pokemon after Zelda characters (Rapidash= Epona/ Serpior= Link/ and this doesn't have to do with Zelda but I named Kyrum Mr. Freeze after my favorite Batman villain).

Pokemon

11 years ago

LOL! Mr. Freeze Kyrum I love it!

Honestly, I've never done the competitions. I am like super freak about my pokemon and I tend to cuss and freak out when one faints. So I probably need to get that under control because attempting that XD. 

I started playing pokemon when it first came out, so I have played since 1998 when I was 7. And I'm not gonna lie. I always ask  kids if they play pokemon and sometimes I get a little... uh, unsettled when they say it's stupid. I mean, I HAVE been leveling charizards and Dragonites since before their births... Oh boy... yes, my name is SimpleSabley and I am a pokemon addict -__-

Pokemon

11 years ago

Haha! Those kids are dumb... I have only been playing Pokemon for about a month now and when ever I hear someone say I haven't ever played Pokemon or Pokemon is stupid, I freak out and start cussing those kids/adults out! maybe not the adults but the kids I cuss out every time. I am entering my first competition this month and I can't wait.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I am just so excited to find a fellow pokemaniac XD. None of my friends get it -__-. So I have to save my pokemon related conversations for my buddies at gamestop. I always tell them they are my nerd safe haven. 

You gotta tell me how that competition goes. If they had those around here I might would consider trying it. I could pull out my DS and pull up my old diamond file on there.

By the way, you can't do the online stuff with Desmume. But, thank to replay codes it evens out  :)

Pokemon

11 years ago

I work at Gamestop! Well maybe not right this second, but I will even if it takes me my entire life I WILL WORK AT GAMESTOP!!! Anyway I can't do all the internet stuff anyway because my WiFi won't work so the computer is the only thing that gets internet.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Then Desmume will be your best friend!

I tried to work at my local one, but the pay and hours wasn't enough for me to afford rent and utilities and my tuition fees. So I had go elsewhere -_-. But, sometimes if I go in and they are swamped I help out for free. Hehe, I saved many a young gamer to be from crappy games and turned them on to more than just shooters. But, games with substance and life! *sagely bow*

Pokemon

11 years ago

My hero used to be Batman and it is now Simplesabley. How does it feel to be placed above Batman? I know I would be honored, but the time has not come... yet.

Pokemon

11 years ago

OH stop it you *blush*

But you can keep going :P

Pokemon

11 years ago

Lol

Pokemon

11 years ago

Lol Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. Classic.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Goodness, you guys have been bringing out my inner nerd between Comic books and pokemon XD.

Obvious yellow version, if only because that is literally a chunk of my childhood.

I loved the Firered remakes. Crystal was awesome, first time the pokemon moved when they appeared in battle (plus choice of trainer gender). Heartgold/soulsilver because it brought back Yellow with the pokemon walking you(Yes, I am so sentimental and I get SUPER attached to my pokemon). 

I also loved Black/White and can't wait for Black2/White2 to come out. I don't know why people who have been playing pokemon since the very first game would complain about it. I mean, it really took everything to the next level. The pokemon move  constantly and have correct size comparisons. The story was original and intriguing! And I loved the new pokemon. Especially Deino, it was just so cute! 

Honestly, I love all the pokemon games. And I won't lie, I play them on my PC now because I was such a freak about restarting games that I never restarted, like ever. So now I can have infinite saves without losing my precious pokemon XD

Pokemon

11 years ago

I like you just love my Pokemon and I hopefully never will have to restart my Pokemon white game. (I have to restart the others because they were not my games). The only thing that I wish was in Pokemon White is being able to walk around with my Pokemon. If only I could walk around with my Zebstrika following right behind me... The only thing I ever wanted more was to be immortal, and that was only when I was a kid. I have now realized becoming immortal would have sucked ass eventually.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I know! I wish they would bring back walking with pokemon :( I love playing HG and SS just to walk with my bab--I mean pokemon...

You should try Desmume and downloading the roms(I've already bought the games, so I only do this to not restart games). You get like 15 different save slots per game, can play it on the pc, and you can save whenever, even during battle. ;)

Pokemon

11 years ago

Oh My God. I have to ask because I have a very shitty computer, but would that take up a ton of space on it? Also I need to find all the seven sages in White before the release of black/white 2 but I don't know where to start any hints? Another thing I can't wait to get is an action replay. I wouldn't use it to get my Pokemon to super high levels because I like training my own Pokemon, but I would really like all those Pokemon to be in my party all at once.

Pokemon

11 years ago

No, Desmume is great. My computer is shitty too and it works very well. If it lags then I can tell you how to adjust it so it works better. 

Oh yes I have hints XD. 

Check out route 18. 

1st Gym, there is a ruined building. 

Desert Ruins

Electric Cave

And for Route 14, just go to the starting town. And go until you see water where you can surf. And make sure you have waterfall available and a free slot in your team. On the way you will find a house, go in it and get a really cool pokemon egg. Keep searching and there's the last sage :D(or least the ones I have found)

I love the replays. Because I use them to get all my favorites at the beginning, then turn it off and level them myself. I'm about to message you some sites that are safe rom downloads. 

Make sure you get desmume from http://desmume.org/ as there is another one that is sketchy -_-

Pokemon

11 years ago

Alright awesome! thanks for the hints. I have already gotten everything except them including all the legendary Pokemon excluding the ones I needed to go to events for. And I now have beaten the Elite Four+ Champion about five times now.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Haha, I have gotten to where I have to give myself my own challenges. Like lately I have been going through games with only one type of pokemon. Like an all grass team or all dragon or all water. The toughest one I did was probably the flying type team since there are usually early on rock type leaders.

The funnest was probably ice and water type. I have always loved dragons though. they are my favorites XD.

Pokemon

11 years ago

If I had to choose a favorite type it would be Electric or Dragon. I am just trying to get all my Pokemon to lvl 100 for now, and have succeeded with Zebstrika, Keldo, and Zekrom.

Pokemon

11 years ago

What I always do to level is to only have one pokemon on my team at a time. And you battle with it. If you lose, keep going til you beat that trainer. When gold first came out I learned that with Eevee and ended up with my first pokemon over level 80(I was a kid so that was huge XD). I still have that level 100 Espeon on my gold game in my old GB color :) And I do visit him sometimes XD

Pokemon

11 years ago

That is a pretty awesome stratigy, but I don't think I could live with myself if I only carried one Pokemon around when I could carry around six. I think my Pokemon would feel left out.

Pokemon

11 years ago

It is hard. I had to run back to the PC all the time and whisper sweet nothings to my pokemon so they knew mommy still loved them :D

Pokemon

11 years ago

Yeah in the begging of all my Pokemon games I have gotten my starter Pokemon to lvl 10 before the first town and in Fire Red I got my Bulasaur to lvl 16 and evolved into Ivysaur before the first town. I was so proud of myself at that moment that I made a silent vow to become the best Pokemon trainer in the area.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Hehe, well my friend just don't come to my area. I'm brutal muahaha.

But, yes that's always the best strategy. Never run from a wild, never avoid a battle. get every last exp you can. :)

Pokemon

11 years ago

I never run from a fight, and the only time a trainer in game has beat me it was one of the elite four+ champion, or Cynthia in White but I consider her a champion because she is one.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Let's just say I beat Cynthia ;)

Pokemon

11 years ago

Oh no I beat the shit out of Cynthia just not the first time I fought her because it was right after I got through the elite four the first time and my Pokemon were all around level 50 except for Zebstricka who was level 80ish and Zekrom who was in his 70's but they are both eclectic type and she had a badass ground type that was in his high 70's let's just say it was a moment of realization that I still had stuff to do after beating the story.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Hehe, but have you been uping your pokemons stats? Or just leveling? :P

Pokemon

11 years ago

If you mean uping there stats as in using Iron ( Defense ) or Protein ( Attack ) then both, but I don't find a lot of those type of items.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Yeah, you have to buy them in order to get as many as possible. Or walk on the big bridge in B/W for the wings, since they do the same thing.

The Protein and stuff has a cap on how much you can give each pokemon, but the HP UP and PP UP's are so worth it. But, the wings have no cap. If you have 900, you can use 900 on one pokemon. ;) Granted, that much would take A LOT of walking that bridge XD

Pokemon

11 years ago

I thought Wings went away when the Pokemon was withdrawn from battle.

Pokemon

11 years ago

No, they are used outside of battle. 

Pokemon

11 years ago

Oh... Well then I should not have sold all my wings.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I sent you a link of B/W 2 roms. Prepatched and don't need unzipping. I am just gonna tell you now. ITS AWESOME!!!

Pokemon

11 years ago

I'm showing my age a bit here, but I'm a fan of the Original 150 Pokemon and the Pokemon Yellow game (cause I really dig having a Pikachu follow me around)

Fetch.jpg

=)

Pokemon

11 years ago

Dude I've been playing it since it first came out. I just never grew out of it XD. There is no age limit for pokemon. 

Yellow was like, the biggest game ever to have when I was a kid. I remember getting into fights on the bus because some kid saids his pikachu was better than mine. Oh how wrong he was >D

Pokemon

11 years ago

Love Pikachu as well, hell I love ALL Pokemon except for one, and it is the one that has eluded me sense I heard of it... the red Gyarados.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Oh and Thundarus because I killed it in one hit and can't get it anymore.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Lake of Rage, pokemon gold/silver. And HG and SS :) Level 30, always shiny. 

Is it the dragon rage or the thrash attack that gets you? For me it was always dragon rage since it always hits 40HP. 

Pokemon

11 years ago

Dear Pokegods I sound like an encyclopokea

Pokemon

11 years ago

It's neither I just haven't ever been able to catch it for some reason. I either kill it on accident or it kills me there is no middle ground.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Hmmmmm Have you tried sleep/paralysis? Some of Kurt's apricorn balls?

Pokemon

11 years ago

Nah I have only ever tried twice. It killed me then I went back to get it and I killed it on accident. I don't want to restart my game so I haven't caught it yet.

Pokemon

11 years ago

My favorite games in the series?  I guess Platinum and Emerald.  I loved their alternate plots and additional downloads, plus you get a different feel from everyone else.  My least favorite?  Overall, I think that B&W did pretty badly in terms of gameplay.  Most of the pokemon look like their sinnoh (and further back) counterparts.  Storywise, I think it would score first place in the whole (main) series.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I highly doubt I want to go back to a region after only two years, so I will NOT be buying anymore of the series anytime soon.  Plus, i looked on the wiki, and found the plot to be about the same.  Whatever, I only need to be interested once, then send me packing on another region.  What am I expecting?  An updated GTS site.  Maybe like auctioning pokemon, or advanced trading.  And I would love even more online options (ever since they put in the ability to visit other peoples games.)

Pokemon

11 years ago

My favorite pokemon? The eevee.  It is pretty rare in any of the games, and it is one of the most versatile pokemon i've seen in the whole series, especially since it has one of the largest amount of moves able to be learned (besides smeargle).  

Pokemon

11 years ago

If it isn't obvious from my previous posts my favorite Pokemon that I have caught it is Zebstika.

Pokemon

11 years ago

My favorites probably were Dragonite(I had to get the dratini from the game corner in B/R/Y versions to be able to level it up without it being like 20 levels behind my other pokemon. So for little 8 year old me, it was huge to get Dragonair to level 55 to evolve :)

Ditto is awesome, I might add.

I'm also a fan of Arbok and Wheezing since they are great poison type. Rhydon was another one I loved as a kid. And then there the Aron, Lairon, and Agron pokemon. 

But, I think the only pokemon type I like almost as much as Dragon type is the Ghost type. Ever since the first time Agatha beat my ass in the Elite Four despite me breezing through even Lance and Gary after I finally beat her... Ghost type are just so... tough. :)

If I was ever going to do a competition oriented team it would certainly have at least a Gengar.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I am not really a fan of ghost type myself, don't get me wrong I love ghost type I just love the others a little bit more. The only ghost type that I would actually bring around with me in my party is Gastly. That's only because he was always my favorite as a kid ever sense the Pokemon episode when he kept on liking Ash in the haunted house. I thought that was so funny as a kid, and now that I think about it it is still funny!

Pokemon

11 years ago

Dude check your message and prepare to fangirl scream for the next ten minutes straight

Pokemon

11 years ago

Which is why I love eevees.  They can use ghost types, normal types, electric, psychic, fire, grass, water, ice, and i think ummmm a bit of dark.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I am an Eevee breeder, so if you want an eevee with a specific strength in a stat (speed, special attack, etc.), I will gladly take a  pokemon for exchange.  Note that i currently use Platinum's GTS, so you may need to down-grade.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Whenever I can Downgrade I will send you a message because I will want one of those!

Pokemon

11 years ago

Note: Depending on how high a tier of an eevee you need, I will require a stronger pokemon for the breeding/payment.

Tier 1: 1-35

Tier 2: 36-65

Tier 3: 65+

Pokemon

11 years ago

Okie Dokie I will probably be aiming for the best possible so I will hit you up when I can downgrade and have a level 65+ that I can give you.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Please just give anything NOT sinnoh.  I have already completed my national pokedex, I just need other regions.

Pokemon

11 years ago

love pokemon getting black version 2 when it's release October 7th

Pokemon

11 years ago

You'll love it :) I've been playing a patched japanese version and it's better than B/W 1 I think :)

Pokemon

11 years ago

great but i wish they make a game that has all the regions and stuff and maybe being able to start a new gym of found a region i a Pokemon geek in a way.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Black Kyurem your mine.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Yeah, but that would be way to much to code for a DS game. Unless Nintendo ever decides to actually make a pokemon console game that is like the DS/GB games then it probably won't happen -_-

Pokemon

11 years ago

Hey this is a question to all of you Pokemon fans. Do you have any tips for anybody? Lol evil monkey. Well, bye. Hope you have some answers.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Don't ever try and avoid a fight. If you see a Trainer defeat him/her, if you run into a wild Pokemon kill it or catch it. You need all the xp you can get so beat them all. Also I always try to get my starter Pokemon up to level ten before you go to the first town after the starting town because that early in the game you could beat everyone without a problem if your Pokemon is that level, and you could probably take out the first gym leader and his/her lackeys soon after that if not right that second. If you have any questions about Pokemon you can ask me and I will try and help you out.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Atomic's advice is very good ;)

All I can add is that if you are trying to level a specific pokemon(perhaps one that is under 10 levels below your others), then I would suggest putting all the other pokemon in the PC. So the only pokemon you have is the one you want to level. Then go after wild pokemon, if your pokemon faints that's fine. Just keep going until it doesn't. 

The same technique can work for the Elite Four, minus the only one party member. Just keep going until you win, don't restart if you lose no matter how close you are to winning. I wouldn't even suggest using med. items unless you have made it to the Champion battle. 

Also I would say pay attention to your pokemon's personality type as this effects their stats. Which personalities are beneficial all depends on your battle style. Some people do well with speed bonus and others with special attack bonus, ect. Alot of people will restart the game(upon starting a new one), until their starter has a desired personality.

When I had Emerald...

11 years ago

I evolved my starter into a Grovile before my first rival battle.

LIKE A BOSS.

When I had Emerald...

11 years ago

LOL, I remember back in Pokemon Red version I once got Charizard before I even battled Misty. Which for an impatient 8 year old that is a big deal XD, I didn't do that again for a LONG time lol

Pokemon

11 years ago

Heh, you guys actually know what you were doing. When I played, I just sunk all of the exp into my starter, and cought requza to beat the elite four. 

Pokemon

11 years ago

The trick is to use the ultra ball, not the master ball.  You catch the roaming pokemon with the master ball.  I learned that the hard way, and had to chase Latios for a LOOOONG time.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I actually cought requza with a pokeball. Though that's how I cought suicune in crystal. I tend to avoid using the masterball

Pokemon

11 years ago

I caught my groundon with a pokeball, and the kyogre with a net ball. Must be color-coded.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Lol, I have the worst luck with legendaries. I usually have to go through a few hundred pokeballs of whatever kind I have a variety of before I get them. -_-

With the roaming legendaries I always have a ghost or dark type with Mean Look that I have spent time uping its speed stats. 

Pokemon

11 years ago

Easy, just get a level 100 Trapinch.  It's Arena thing will make it a tanky crap thing.

Also, teach it that move that leaves a pokemon with one hp.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Ooo, that's a good strategy. Any other pokemon have Arena Trap as an ability or just Trapinch?

Pokemon

11 years ago

trap-inch.

Thanks!

11 years ago

Thanks for some of the tips!

Thanks!

11 years ago

I can still beat you with my level 90 magikarp.  I found it in the Resort Zone in Sinnoh (platinum).

Pokemon

11 years ago

False Swipe is the move that leaves them with one hp, and it is literally the best move ever for catching any Pokemon.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Too bad only certain pokemon can learn it.  It makes the game much harder.

Pokemon

11 years ago

I can suggest a few sites. One is an online WiFi battle simulator that allows you to play with lvl 100 pokemon in perfect condition (meaning a whole bunch of fancy game mechanic mumbo jumbo).

Another is an online pokemon MMO where it's basically you and 500 other people simultaneously playing pokemon Fire Red.

Simulator: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby

MMO: http://pokemmo.eu/

Pokemon

11 years ago

Ooooh I will have to check these out. :) You had me at whole bunch of people playing fire red XD

Pokemon

11 years ago

The mmo seems really cool. I've always wanted to play Pokemon with others.

Pokemon

11 years ago

It's cool because you really don't have to worry about trade evolutions or the like. Also, I have to mention that the MMO is still in a sort of Alpha phase. there are a lot of things that aren't implemented yet but as patches roll out more and more content will be released. For instance, rare candies, the elite 4, breeding, and legendaries are all not implemented yet.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Also, you have to download it.  FUUUUUUU

k its just that i have security problems lately.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Just met sabley at the showdown site!

NICE!

Pokemon

11 years ago

I challenge you.

Pokemon

11 years ago

YAY!

Pokemon

11 years ago

Revived this for simplesabley's personal enjoyment.  *Glares at Aman*

Pokemon

11 years ago

She should be burnt at the stake. That's all I'm saying. No offense to Sabley, she's a wonderful person and all, but she should be burnt.

Pokemon

11 years ago

:L

Pokemon

11 years ago

No one uses this site anymore, but it is great for first gen battles, using first gen rules.

http://porygon.math.miami.edu:7137/index.htm

Pokemon

11 years ago

http://porygon.math.miami.edu:7137/index.htm

Must be down at the moment...

Pokemon

11 years ago

It was working when I posted the link, and right now.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Actually, I think I used that site back in 2003 to write up a d20 Call of Cthulhu game called The Call of PikaChulu   ^-^

Pokemon

11 years ago

..........What an odd thing to do.

Pokemon

11 years ago

Yes, maybe a little...

photo PikaThulu.jpg photo Pika-1_zpsf420f60a.gif

Pokemon

11 years ago

The hell is that?

Pokemon

11 years ago

A pikachu worshiping some kind of giant mutant?

Pokemon

11 years ago

It's PikaChulu of course!

Pokemon

11 years ago

It's a tie between Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Diamond. But theres's no love for Gen 4 and 3 is there?

Pokemon

11 years ago

I don't know why people didn't like those two.  Those were my favorites IMO