Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 10/1/2012: While I don't disagree with the premise, the resources to build this just aren't there.

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

The idea is not mine, but it is still a good idea. There should be a chat box. Just like a small section, where you can have small talk.

Ex:

Steve: Hey Bob!
Bob: Hi Steve.
Steve: Something hilarious happened to me today.
Bob: What was it?
Steve: My hands got stuck in the bus on my way back from school.
Bob: Hahahahahaha! How did that even happen?

Something just for ordinary chatting. Just simple. With of course, a spam block. And it doesn't count as posting.

The Basic idea of a chat box was from: speakno3vil

The Added detail was from me.

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Isn't the Lounge made more or less for this?

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

I think he wanted an instant chat.  (For example, Facebooks chat pops up on the bottom right corner.)

I would vote a no because we are not a social site, and it would look kinda random to have a chatbox in the corner like that. (Especially since the site is getting a re-skin soon.)

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Also we might devolve into texting, and never think before we write.

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Yah! a post about me. I think this site would benefit from a chatbox like system. You've seen the forums.

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

What's wrong with the forums and how would instant messaging solve any of the problems in the forums already?

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Not exactly chat, but the PMs are pretty good for holding real-time conversations...

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Agreed, it works just like a chatbox if you and another person happen to be online at the same time too.

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

I kind of like the idea of C-box. A lot of the old sites I frequented for RPing on Avidgamers and Acornrack had them and it could be handy for holding a convo with someone, especially when you are in the middle of something and don't want to click out of the page to visit forums or inbox. Also it was easy for guests to ask a simple question without cluttering the forums with something that is just a 'yes' or 'no' sort of thing.

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

But then again, we don't want a plethora of trolls to spam us now?

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

oh, come on. they would have to find the site first. XD

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Trolls will be trolls no matter what. Honestly, they will spam us either way. 

[Misc] Chat Box

11 years ago

Well, let's see if alexp approves.