Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Hey, just wondering if anyone wanted to help me co-author this game I'm making. It's a Sci-fi/Fantasy about (SPOILER ALERT) another dimension run by an evil AI that simulates your 'perfect world' but is slowly drawing you into it's hive mind while you stay. It wants to take over the entire world eventually and is a huge fan of poetry. This is an advanced storygame, so people with experience with it will probably do better. I'll check back here soon to see if anyone's replied!

Half an Hour Later… Sigh. Forever alone.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

13 hours later, *Try Again Button?*

Sound's interesting and i like the idea of an AI trying to consume your character but i'm already coauthor and i've got a writers block on my own stories. 

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

That's ok, everyone's got their own stuff. I'm just glad someone replied!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Matrix?

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Pendragon?

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Kinda

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

I could help with the poetry part. I'm not good at scripting though. Still having trouble with counters.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Trouble with counters? Go on.

Interesting concept, making the evil AI a fan of poetry.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

I just need to pay attention to the scripting thing. I'm never been good with scripting, so I'll probably print it out, and then use the page as a reference at all times. It's that I forget stuff somewhat quickly, if it's not something I write down. 

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

You can just open the script tab and have the script always open (is what I think you're talking about).

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Yeah, that's a solution, but I'd rather be able to read the scripting page while typing. Since it'll help me make sure what I'm doing is correct.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

You can, just have the script page and the page you're working on side by side, unless you write in fullscreen.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

I tend to write in full screen, since it helps my focus, but thats's good advice. I'll try doing that. Thanks!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Np.

Personally I can't stand full screen mode. It just seems really weird to me.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

It's how I would usually be typing, since I tend to multi-task. Watching videos or listening to music while I write helps me come up with new stuff to write. But if I check the vid or music on another tab, I'll lose focus and forget about writing. So i keep it at full to avoid looking at the videos.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

What if you had the editor on one half of the screen, and the Script thing on the other, so it still covers the screen!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

He doesn't do original poetry, he quotes classics then says what the poem's called and who wrote it, like a verbal tic.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

I could be your co-author. If you don't already have one hit me up.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

15 days later: Hello? Anyone? Ok, so I'm bumping up the thread. So what? I need that co-author!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Well I just played Your demo... it's not bad I guess. I could help a bit, at least with writing and clarification stuff, but I must say I'm totally awful with scripts. Like 'monkey with stone' level awful.

If I were you I would consider what genre you want this CYOA to be. Is it more fantasy or maybe science fiction? Because if there will be magical AI sending his minions after poor girls (and that is a premise I've got from the description) then this could be just 'Alice in the Wonderland'. Also a bit of prologue would be nice - to set the story, connections between people, etc.

Hope it helps!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Thanks! I'll take a look at what you've done and probably put you in! Oh, hey, quick side note, why is everyone saying the character is a girl? It clearly says your name's JAKE in the intro! Didn't anyone read that? Jake is a guy's name!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

I haven't read it, but if they think the main character is a girl, odds are he's behaving/talking in a feminine fashion.

Kind of like how in Fergie's "Ocean's daughter", I thought the main character was a girl, up until I was told he had a male name. Even then I was kind of in disbelief, just because how the character acted made him seem more like a girl than a guy.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Makes sense. As a girl, I do tend to write like that. So now I need a male co-author just to make sure Jake's sufficently manly.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Ohhhh... well yeah it seems like really the protagonist isn't a girl. Duh... Yet somehow it was quite obvious that 'Jake' was one... also because according to my english knowledge it could be a girl or boy name. And yeah it really seems like who you are changes a lot what you write.

Ah there is also one more thing I want to say (looking again at your demo, searching for clues that Jake was a girl). There is this A, B kind of choice. 'Run away from window', 'check it out'. 'Cry for parents', 'be brave'. It's kinda too simple. Binary. Although I know it is only the first version. So the future is yours :).

Also. From what I see  both me and Seth (see the thread) confirmed that if you need help then please send PM. So it is not like nobody wants to help, you right? We are just waiting for your input.

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

I wasn't saying that no-one wanted to help, I was just waiting for someone who had at least one Storygame. And on that note, you are now officialy a co-author! YAY!

Co-author wanted

11 years ago

Ah, so it seems like I misunderstood you then. Shame on me.

And yeah, reading and getting on with the co-authoring stuff... after getting information about the storygame of course :).