Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

I'm interested to see who rode out the FrankenStorm over here on the east coast of the US. I'm feeling the rain and wind, but no power outages or anything major.

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

I up here in New YorkC on the very edge of Queens, next to Long Island. LI is getting hit hard with a lot of flooding and power outages. For me personally I have only had a few flickering light and some trees have been getting hit hard and one, thankfully just far enough from my house, look like its tilting a bit from the wind,  nothing worse then that though. Some power outages are just a few blocks away. I got really lucky, and I over prepped it seems.

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

I got hit, thankfully no destruction, but cell coverage just returned, and I have no electricity. Probably won't have until Monday, which is annoying.

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

New problems, NYC seems to be running out of gas, and there VERY long lines for gas last time I checked. 

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

It's like watching a car crash - totally fascinating in a morbid way and you just can't look away. I'm following the NY situation and getting pointers for writing apocalyptic fiction (only in NY, it's real)...

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

Will Sandy hit the Californians?  (Playa and me)  Seems a bit large...

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

I'm not from California lol, I'm from Ohio. I don't know where you got that from.

Sandy knocked over a few trees and some houses were out of power, but that was the worst of it. The worst part though is that I had to move in the middle of a hurricane, which was less than pleasant. My cable is going to be out for a few days too since the cable company won't set up new customers until the current ones have their cable back. 

The worst part about it though was the fact it forced the AC3 midnight release to get cancelled. You would've thought somebody died people were so sad about it.

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

I got the end of the storm in Virginia. Though i have family in Long Island, and they are soooo screwed. I mean there basement is gone, cars are gone, its a damn shame and its the first major hurricane to hit head on to the east coast, poor new jersey long island and NYC

FrankenStorm

11 years ago

Feel bad for all the people who got hit from this storm.