Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Magus returns.

18 years ago
Okay, so finally, I made my way back, and decided that I liked the story of Magus: Betrayal so much that I'll give it a shot and try to do the second part.
This will feature lots of text again (if you don't want to read a story, don't look), lots and lots of choices, multiple paths to the ending. I am going for replay value, and for allowing players to choose a path they like, not one they're forced to.
And yeah, there will be lengthy death-scenes. I enjoy doing them.
I don't have any idea when that one will be done, or if anyone really cares about my announcement here - just want to say this: The comments warm my heart. :)

Magus returns.

18 years ago

Warm your heart....... hmmmmm that really does not sound like me, AT ALL.  Welcome back, i'm JJJ and I'm the harshet judge around and I have the most game published (well if you count quizzes).  I have a Q for you though.

Q: Do you remember anyone named Kaddar? I found his post from page 18 (Neat site, also suggestions was the name) and he is really cool and I just wanted to know if he was just a drop in or what?

Magus returns.

18 years ago
Oh, and I think I remember Kaddar... but he dropped out of sight even before me, I think.

Magus returns.

18 years ago

good to see you back karacan, your game is a legend in these parts lol of course we care about your announcement and i hope to see plenty of lengthy death scenes. practically everyone, including me, just say "Ok you have died" then put an End link at the bottom. I like the idea of making the final scene special. it adds something to the story. while i do look forward to it i hope you take your time and make it as special as you want.

nate

Magus returns.

18 years ago
Uhhh, I'm dumbfounded he just put on a speech.  Ya he made an ok game, but he's not god..... lol jk, go on put speeches for people..... (sniff, sniff.)

Magus returns.

18 years ago

This is wonderful news!

I look forward to seeing the new one. If you're feeling brave, you can do more and more stuff with Advacned games these days. And now you've got active members here to help you out :-)

Magus returns.

18 years ago
I'm a great help at knowing features.  Even though I don't make games often, I play them and rate them.  If you have a question on varibles I can help.  I told about them before alex made the new message board and found a post where he thought of them.  You could make it so that each element is an item.  Then to use a spell just make it you have to have a certain item and presto chango.  You have a link without the player having to use the item on every page it is usable.

Magus returns.

18 years ago
I'm not a god? Oh, that's a turndown. ;) I thought about going advanced... but then decided against it again. First of all, I'm a stickler of the old FightingFantasy books: If you want to cheat and go back to the last paragraph, if you want to pretend you have an item you don't, if you want to say you made a roll when you didn't even bother to get the dice, then by all means, go for it - it's all about fun. And for me, it's all about telling a story. :) Anyway, the wizard way is just so much more comfortable. If "Space Is Cold" ever gets done (or at least, gets started right), that'll be a game that makes full use of advanced features. (As a sneak preview: It uses score as a timer.)
And about that god thing again... hell, I'm a writer, I'm supposed to be as arrogant as they come. ;)

Magus returns.

18 years ago
Fine by me.  You have some long games for a basic editor.  One person has 9 or them.  I think people should get rewards on this site in there About Me page like king of posting for JJJ or longest game for Deven11.

Magus returns.

18 years ago
My avatar proves I am king of posting, raed about it in the "Thanks Ryan" post.

Magus returns.

18 years ago

ahhhh karacan.  it's been a long time since you've been here.   I'm sure you remember march!  right?

anyways, i'm in the running to make a D and D based game too, so may the best god, i mean man win!

good to see you.

march

Magus returns.

18 years ago
Karacan is really good at making games but I'd say badger is the only god.....