Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/31/2014: whnat BerkaZerka said

Keeping variables for the next chapter

10 years ago

I find that if my story goes to the next chapter all the variables get reset to 0. Is there a way I can make it not do that?

10 years ago

It shouldn't do that to begin with....

Make someone else a co-author and have them see what's wrong.

10 years ago

Okay, I checked it over it seems to only do that sometimes. I'm going to look through it and see what's the matter.

Edit: Okay, I checked and I found out what the problem is. Apparently even if a variable overwrites a link the game will reset the game if the actual link is the reset game thing. Didn't think it mattered what the link was since it was just going to be overwritten any ways but I guess it does.

10 years ago

You seem to have figured it out on your own, but just to confirm - the Reset Game link will take your reader back to the beginning of the storygame with all variables reset to their default values (as if they had just opened the storygame for the first time).

10 years ago

But Not the Variable Link Changes

UNLESS you do not have the "Allow Multiple Times" box checked.

Any Link Variable Change without that box checked is usable only once in the game, even if you use a Reset Game Link.

You would have to use the actual Reader Drop Down Restart Game Option to actually start over with the entire game reset.