Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

History buff reporting for duty...

10 years ago

Hi all, I'm Stratego. I've stumbled upon your fine site a week ago and started writing. I'm one of those old Choosing your own Adventure veteran of the 80's. I still have at least 30 of those books in my attic. I used to be a great fan of the Lone Wolf series. I'm a history buff, writer and moderator at Armchair General and boardgame designer. I've always dreamed of writing a series of history related Choose your own Adventure books but always got stuck in a labyrinth of papers and choices...and never succeeded. Now I will try here. First on a small scale though...;-)

See ya!

Stratego aka Chronos aka Jason St.Just                        

10 years ago

Welcome to the site  :)

I think my favorite old school CYOA stories were the Sagard series and the Middle Earth books...

10 years ago

Thanks Berka. I see that you are a regular of the site. Any good advice to give me on the people here ;-)  

I'm told that you are also the masterbrain behind the Dead Man Walking Zombie game...I played it and it is really, really good (of course I didn't survive). How long did you work on it?

Greets,

Stratego

10 years ago

I remember him saying it took about a year. 

Also Hello and welcome to CYOA, In the FG section we have the Free-form decks along with a Vending machine in the corner. We also have the W-Workshop for assistance with any stories you wish to forge and finally the lounge; This is where you can talk to fellow members about anything you want or relax by watching war recording's. Whatever suits your fancy. 

But please, try not to get lost unless you are archive diving. :)

10 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome Fireplay. I will keep your advice in mind...btw is there coffee in the vending machine?

Greets,

Stratego

10 years ago

"Let me check"

Fireplay puts in a sock and a piece of white-bread into the MVM.

A cup filled with something brownish-black comes out.

"Here you go. *hands the cup to Stratego* Enjoy!"

10 years ago

Cool. I wish you luck. I wrote a historical fiction CYOA that you can check out from my profile.

10 years ago

Hey Urnam. Good to know I'm not the only history buff here ;-) The Chinese warlord game looks good! Let me check it out in the next few days...

Greets,

Stratego

10 years ago

Welcome Sratego! 

10 years ago

Hi Lexi and thanks for the welcome!

10 years ago

`Welcome to the site! 

10 years ago
Come and partake of the craziness on this site.

10 years ago

Advice on the people here?

Well, most of the forumites are reall goofy suckers, so try not to let us scare ya off. We tend to get pretty random at times (especially that mustachiod guy Aman - what a spammer - sheesh!)

Anyway, it's all in good fun and there are plenty of members willing to help eveyone out with questions and such  =)

10 years ago

Blasphemy.

10 years ago
Yeah stay away from ice pyro war

10 years ago

And the Bacon. Don't even think of going anywhere near my Bacon. 

10 years ago

Hi and I agree with penguin I got mixed up and am drowning.

Not really new or old but have loved these types of books since I found one in my old schools library. Regulars are Berka, Aman and fireplay these and depending on how much crap I have to do me check in at least once a day. Er take me of that list.

10 years ago

Many cats are gonna die

10 years ago

Welcome Stratego, nice to have another history buff around on the site ;)