Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Afflicted

10 years ago

(http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=epl4q2933rczoo9x)

Ive noticed people seem to have a facination with Mythology and such, and while this game is incredibley odd (you play a health inspector inspecting a sleazy bar) it has a fun twist relating to what it seems everyone enjoys talking about. 

Its an IF game, and has a decent 'how to play' section if you type out 'help'. It was very amusing, though you may need to play the game a number of times in order to find the twist.

Afflicted

10 years ago

Bastard.

Afflicted

10 years ago

Hey, that was my line!

Anyway, I'm going to check the game out and if it isn't worth it, I'm going to cancell my subscription to 'Stache Wax Monthly'.

Afflicted

10 years ago

Don't cancel the subscription! If you do, hundreds of hungry mustache workers will be left on the streets, groveling!

Afflicted

10 years ago

Those secrets are best hidden. Don't reveal the fact that economy has hit the mustaches hard.

Afflicted

10 years ago

Alright. Calling my FBI buddies. Prepare for the storm. WE'RE GETTING THOSE 'STACHES OUTTA THERE!

Afflicted

10 years ago

All I can say is thank goodness for the CYOA interface we have here on this site. I find word-based games tedious and aggravating to say the least. You know what you want to do, but you have to state it exactly like the game is expecting or it's a no-go.

I like the premise of Afflicted, but hated the gameplay.

Meh...

Afflicted

10 years ago

Really? I understand the annoyance of typing stuff into the proccessor, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. (x for examine, l for look, i for inventory, etc)

Afflicted

10 years ago

I'm just lazy that way. I'd rather just click on a link. Penguin et al...

Afflicted

10 years ago

Ha, I guess you'd rage quit after playing 'Spider and Web' then. The author is a bastard, with all the damn puzzles. It's much harder to try and figure out everything when you don't have those clickies to help you out. :P