Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I need some feedback

10 years ago

I just made my game "The Mercenary's tale." available for sneak  preview. If you can check it out and give me your feedback think about it or how it can be improved. I really want to know what you think of it as continue to work on it.  Keep in mind this is a work in progress and I'm still kind of new here. Enjoy and be nice. 

I need some feedback

10 years ago

Im willing to check it out. Send the link you use to view it in a PM.

I need some feedback

10 years ago

PM me if you still need the link galobtter  :)

I need some feedback

10 years ago

So, I checked it out and I must say that I really love the concept - especially because I was able to assemble an all female party hehe. I hope you clean it up a bit and finish it - I'd love to see where it goes from here!

As for what you can do to improve - well, there are some small and big issues. Hopefully you will find the advice helpful ---

1. There are a number of small grammatical errors (which a proofreader can help you to spot) - for example, on the first page you omitted 'you' from a sentence and used 'goes' instead of 'go'.

2. You really need to break up your text walls - at least in half each. Find a logical place where the focus of the sentence changes or just throw a paragraph break in the middle of each.

3. Consider creating a mirror page for the First Page Scene. In other words, once you leave the First Page - do not go back to it. Have the links send you to a page that is the same but comes in from the perspective of having already been there. Like "There are still a few places you need to go. You continue your search for members of your party" or the like, rather than right back to the start of the story. You can also do this on the same page if you want, but then you'll need to use Scripting to tell it what text to show at the start and then after you leave the page for the first time.

4. On the 'Leaving' page, your link blows up the game. It is probably because you tried to make the link point to a page with scripting and left out the '@' - for example: $DEST := @P100

I need some feedback

10 years ago

Thanks for your suggestions and comments . As far the grammatical errors go I already know I'll have to I will have to proofread everything a couple times once I finish if not one two times before that. I will probably use your other suggestions so thank you very much. Another thing I made sure to to have at least one female in each of the taverns so you could have an all female party. I also made sure to have at least one male in each room cause I like to give people what they want. 

I need some feedback

10 years ago

If you need a proofreader I would ask  Briar_Rose. She proofread my first game and she did a great job.

I need some feedback

10 years ago

Mods should probably move this into the Writing forum, but no biggie smiley

I need some feedback

10 years ago
It seems like an interesting concept, and other than grammatical and punctuation stuff, I see no issues with it so far, really. Aside from some things that BerkaZerka already mentioned.

I need some feedback

10 years ago

This really needes some paragraphing. You lost one reader because of that, aka me. Reading without paragraphs is vey hard.