Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Who is winning in your opinion? Are you excited and what game are you most looking forward to? 

I think PS4 one this generation of console wars. Especially since the PS4 conference on E3 seemed to be all about a fuck you to Microsoft. 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Ha, I'm kinda devoted to Nintendo since they had/have (haven't required it in a long while) great customer service. :P Don't plan on swapping consoles anytime soon. (and that is why customer service is incredibly important. You have no idea how many times I've left stores due to bad customer service) 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago
I would get a Wii U and upgrade my pc. And did I tell you that 'xbox1' is worse than a mokey-in-fullo'-buckt-bater. Maybe I would consider a ps4 when it gets a slim version and pricedrop. Again there is no reason to buy a ps4 or xb1 so soon(what the heck microsoft, I already own a XBOX 1(NOT ONE)) because all the big titles (gtav,bf4) are coming for 7nt gen. *hugs his pc* And whoever says that Wiiu is gonna lose then he better hide. WII U IS GOING TO DESTROY PS4 AND XBOX1 just like wii did last gen.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

well the wii u is the only one that is not requiring internet service allows used games and o yeah by the way it is also incredibly cheaper. By the way it has backwards compatibility that box refused to allow. honestly i don't see how the other too with these huge flaws has a chance. I personally refuse to by any console except for nintendo ever sense my family got a 64 and a playstation two. nintendo won then and they will win again.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

I kinda play the field and really love the PC now that I have discovered that type of games. I own a first generation Xbox it doesn't even do online anymore that's how old it is. I have a game cube and wii I don't use my game cube but anyway. I agree about the play station has really been screw other companies we are the best. I believe PC will dominate with the play station since most Xbox is just going to a better version in my opinion and the Wii u might do well if its motion sensors arnt so jerky on my oh flick your wrist and it flips.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago
Haha, wii u doesn't has any competetior, it is for a completely different set of gamers.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

That new Xbox thing and they do dominate the motion sensor market.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Read up on your facts dude. PS4 is backwards compatible and does not require internet service and allows used games. In fact here is how you share games on the PS4.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

I'm not even talking about the PS4  where are you getting this from?

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Did not reply to you replied to the guy above you.

I also play PC but also consoles. I don't consider the PC to be a console. 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

It's not really but there are quite a few very popular games on it. WOW, Starcraft and diablo to name a few.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Diablo is coming to PS4. But I agree with your other assessments.  

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Really? I suppose that would make sense the others are mmorpg that is more group. I forgot to list Star Wars the old republic

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

i just rechecked sonies own page. Ps4 IS NOT backwards compatible only nintendo

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

I apologize I was wrong about one thing. 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

well still after reading up on the independent on all three of the consoles I think that playstation is much better than the Xbox as the features make it so that I wold never by an Xbox. However with the Wii U the option to play all the old games I already have accumulated makes it my favorite choice.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Read up on facts: the PS4 is NOT backwards compatable :)

The sharing of games and lack of internet requirements is good though.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

There are seriously very few console games I enjoy. When all my friends used to be gamers, it was fun to play hockey or football or FIFA, or even some driving games, but the FPS's mainly suck because who wants to use a controller when you can use a mouse/keyboard? Also the PC dominates entirely w/ deeper, more immersive games.

All that said, I think Microsoft, with their spying and restrictions, along with a hefty price tag and no Blu-Ray, are doomed. The only way people are buying that machine is if some really spectacular content is delivered (that doesn't look like WIndows 8 - blech) or they suddenly get exclusive license to GTA V.

I actually bought the 360 when it came out over Sony, and the thing broke right out of warranty. I was infuriated and so then bought the PS3 and it's been going strong for some time.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Xbox does have some very bad design issues. But Microsoft and Blizzard continue to dominate their selected game market with their deep immersive games

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Our definitions of "deep, immersive," might be different, no disrespect.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

I was just going of what he said I think sure they are immerisive but deep? Not so much 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Just a note to point out that the new X-box does have a blu-ray and they have been talking about it for a couple of weeks now.

Also as someone said above that the PS4 is backwards compatable.  ITS NOT The closest thing to it is that they stated that at some point in the future they hope to use their unfinished cloud computing to possibly be able to play the old games.

The rest of the stuff they are doing is really annoying me. I was a very very easy sale on the X-box One and was going to buy one right after Christmas when prices drop a little but after hearing more I'm not so sure. They are getting the best home controle and integration system, and many exclusives from developers like Halo, Titan Fall (The mech game someone below didn't know the name of), CoD releases before the PS4 gets them etc. but the selling games restrictions and the link to the internet to ensure game ownership is annoying and the PS4 is getting many of the games I want plus their own exclusives...

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago
@madglee ...exclusive license to GTA V AND COD:repeated, I mean Ghost.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

PlayStat4 did pretty much performed the X-Box One by a giant margin.  Project Spark had me really excited; I guess I really don't need to code to make games :P

PC and PS4 are pretty much the top concerns for me right now, since all the games I would want to play are coming out on those consoles [shame on me for not even getting a ps3 :P].

Watch Dogs, inFamous : Second Son, Project Spark, KHIII, not to mention a few others are in my head.

Alternatively, I might just settle for the new Nintendo Games like X&Y, Bayonetta 2, or that unnamed mech game.

Next Gen Counsil war

10 years ago

^

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago
Sony is doomed. Microsoft backtracked. No drm in x1.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

True, but I think the fact that Xbox1 has gotten so much negative press, combined with the price, will really hurt its sales.

Also does anyone think that either console will upgrade their hardware post-release? If I remember correctly, the Xbox360 did that though I cant remember the reason. 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago
Nah. 8 GB DDR5 ram is enough.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Dude, XB1 doesn't even compare to the PS4 in this generation. It's the first time I chose Playstation over Microsoft, even when I had a PS2 I had an Xbox at the same time :P.

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Agreed bo. A lot of my friends have been saying even though microsoft backtracked it was to little to late. 

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Microsoft's gonna shrink considerably this gen.  All those designers about to be laid off....

Next Gen Consle war

10 years ago

Why would they make it mandatory to be online though? For a house with a shitty internet connection like mine I'll never get to play any games. Plus I won't be able to play as many used games, which is huge for my gaming style :P.

And I  personally think it's just bad luck that they revealed a console with a camera at the same time as the government scandal XD