Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Best book you've ready about dragons?

10 years ago

One of my favorites, even though it's a kid's book, is Dragon's Blood by Jane Yolen. It was a trilogy but I only really liked the first one. Of course the Song of Ice and Fire books (George RR Martin) have great dragons, hopefully they play a bigger part in Winds of Winter. Eragon wasn't bad, though the talking parts got to be a bit much. I haven't found many adult fantasy novels where dragons play a significant role in the plot though, suggestions?

10 years ago

The Hobbit of course  :)

10 years ago

Hobbit was awesome, but I always consider Joel Rosenberg's "The Sleeping Dragon" as one of my favorite books. 

10 years ago

hmmmmmmmmmmm, Ender's Game, they have a army called Dragon, thats all folks

10 years ago

The inheritence series was pretty good until the last book, the Warcraft books that have dragons as their main characters are pretty good too..

10 years ago

Yeah, The Hobbit.

The worst book I ever read about dragons was Twilight.

10 years ago

I remember reading Steven King's 'Eye of The Dragon' and thinking it was OK, but I don't recall if it actually had a dragon in it...

10 years ago

The dragons in the Discworld series are very very cool, mainly because a lot of them explode all the time.

10 years ago

I thought of Dragon's Blood as soon as I saw the title of your post. Definitely one of my favorites.

10 years ago

Uh.. read about dragons... not ready.. :S

10 years ago

Eragon is pretty good, and so is Dragon's Blood, but I would definitely say my favorite book about dragons is the Hobbit.

10 years ago

One of the wheel of time books (I'm a huge Robert Jordan fan) I just can't remember which one it was.

10 years ago

granted I haven't read a ton of books strictly about dragons I like dragons but never got that into them. I mainly like dragons in art