Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Unpublish and edit

10 years ago
Greetings all. I am reviewing one of my rather complex stories and found an error that is difficult to fix. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the critical path for completing the story. Even so, I'd like to make it right. Here's my problem. Once I make the change is there a way to review the story from that point on? If I save the story just before that point, make the change, then continue the story, will the change show up? Also, I WISH I could have a backup for the story. I worry about making a change that inadvertently breaks another part. Thoughts?

Unpublish and edit

10 years ago

I don't really understand the question....

There is only one version of the game at any point in time, the current version. Any saves a player makes is deleted when you unpublish a game, so you can't save a game in the old version, and load it up in the new version.

What you CAN do is play the story, via your control panel, then get to the part the error is at, make the changes, then refresh the storygame page, and whatever change you made will affect the current game you are player.

Unpublish and edit

10 years ago
Thanks Killa'. You answered my question.

Chuck