Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I know everyone has their guilty pleasures when it comes to music, so what's yours? Mine would have to be SwizZz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQG_jnYHhk&feature=endscreen)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

David Bowie, definitely David Bowie, he's a has-been, but I love the guy, he slept with Mick Jagger, but I love him.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

You think He's a has-been? Get out of my sight, good sir, the classics never die.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

His music's still popular, but you hardly hear about him, but in the right eyes, nothing really dies.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

The sentence is inherently contradictory, but allright :P

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

He could mean his music is popular but the actual musician is forgotten.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

As long as his music is passed on how can the musician be forgotten :P. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

My gulity pleasure is... Wait this is only for music. Nvm then ;)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

L'amour est un oiseau rebelle, from George Bizet's Carmen.

Vivaldi's four seasons.

(I tend not to talk about classical music or opera since so little people seem to appreciate it)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I enjoy classical music but for opera it depends. :P

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

You cannot beat the Four Seasons! And Vivaldi's concertos? Wow! I was lucky enough to play a cello concerto by him once. :D

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Macklemore.

Everyone in my family hates him.....

And we danced...

And we cried....

And we laughed...

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I have no guilty pleasures in music because there's nothing I feel "guilty" about. I like what I like. If you dug for an answer, you might be able to count the times I've genuinely enjoyed something "out there" like Weird Al parodies... but... he's occasionally really funny, why should I feel guilty? Or a song I like by an artist I normally think sucks, perhaps, but... if they did one song well, or in a way that's to my taste... *shrug* why shouldn't I like it?

Guilty pleasures outside of music? Now that  is another story.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

^Basically this but I was to lazy to write it out. lol

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Music guilty pleasure I occasionally listen to opera and classical. I usually listen to black sabbath green day and train

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XN4WpPd-Ek0

Putting on a pair of Beats, and crank the bass up to the max in the dead of night.  The fact that only my family knows that I listen to this doesn't help much XD

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU

CLASSICS <----- never fucking die.

My Favorite still to this day is always going to be Chopin.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

My guilty pleasure is Britney Spears. Hey, I was 10 when the 'Baby One More Time' album came out.  I was doomed.  I make up for Britney with Tool, Sevendust, Foo Fighter... I'm not a loser... really...

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

My Guilty Pleasure is Justin Timberlake. Easily one of the most talented Entertainers in history. Everything the man touches is solid gold.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

He earned my respect with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUsVbTj2AY

(Only the lyrics of course, the actual musical value is a heavy "meh" at best, would be better but the beginning kinda ruins the song)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

OF course you said that....

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I found the song "meh" actually. It was catchy but that's about it. And Jay Z's part was just completely random XD

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I'm pretty open about everything I listen to but one band that I tend to keep quiet about is called Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, because they have Japanese vocals and that tends to weird people out. I don't find it that weird because I listen to music with French vocals, Austrian vocals, Indian vocals etc. as well, but yeah, people hear Japanese vocals and instantly think wapanese.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of all their songs but this one is pretty rad (produced by Dave Fridmann IIRC, same guy who mixed Innerspeaker and Lonerism by Tame Impala):

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Bu I love songs tha are in japanese. Crime and punishment. The wolf that fell in love with red riding hood (can't remember tname in Japanese. It's long.)

Oh look up There she is!! Cute animation short series. No taking only music all Japanese. You might like it. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I can't really understand what you want me to look up, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I probably won't like it. I like the song above for the music, not because it's in Japanese. Thanks for the suggestion though, and I'll give it a shot if you want to post a link or something.

Edit: Your post was worded strangely, I just re-read it and understand what you're trying to say now. I'll watch it now and let you know what I think of it.

Edit 2: Yeah this is definitely not my kinda music, sorry.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Yeah basically what Kiel said, I don't have any guilty pleasures in music since if I like it then I don't have anything to feel guilty about.

That being said there are some songs that I really couldn't sing in public without getting some suspicious looks at best or the cops called on me at worst…

LOL

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I didn't know you can actually throw in that many midgets into one vid...

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

You can fit more of them than normal sized people.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTXV4AdZ-dE

I'm not so sure about that.  Maybe they're just rarer?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

My guilty pleasure? Hmm does Lady gaga say something....Hahaha because it sure does for me and then there is Dir en Gray that i enjoy. <:D

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

When I say I like the Beastie Boys, everyone's like, "Are they even alive?" 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I like some dubstep.

And nightcore.

And nightstep.

(Not that I expect most to know what some of those are.)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I know of dubstep and some of it is alright. No clue what the others are though. I'm assuming silly Canadian things?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I kind of like Emo Steve Urkel- I mean Skrillix

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Nightcore is literally just speeding a normal song up (to about 1.3X faster). Sounds stupid, but some songs sound cooler.

Nightstep is basically when a dubstep song is nightcored.

Of course, there are some variations. Some "nightcored" songs actually have more than just their speed increased.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTTwpZ3noFA

That is my favorite song right now. Then I found out it was LOTR related. You can only imagine I began loving it more.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Do you have sound yet?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Why do you ask?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Simply because you posted a youtube link which made me remember you didn't have sound which made me wonder if that was still true.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Yes, I have sound. :D

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

My Chemical Romance. 

They are goth (not that theres anything wrong with goth) and I love their music so much. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Yes, yes there is. Goth people are annoying. And depressing. But mostly annoying.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Can you at least listen to, "Welcome to the Black Parade"? Very good song.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

My favorite one!

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

A very well-known song of theirs:

Teenagers

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Goth? I thought everyone labeled My Chemical Romance as "Emo" which caused the band a certain amount of rage since they hated that label.

I think Dead! was well known as well due to it being on Guitar Hero 2. (Teenagers was on one of the radio stations on Saints Row 2 )

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Why would you think they're emo? They're obviously goth. No wonder why they hate that label.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Goth and Emo are 2 totally different things.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I didn't say I think they're Emo, I'm saying everyone I've heard talk about them labels them Emo, even Aeon did in his post. You're the first person I've ever heard call the band Goth.

Really other than a couple songs I heard through video games I don't know much about them. The songs I have heard seem almost a bit too upbeat to be Emo though.

I mean maybe its the lyrics that causes the classification, but I've heard punk bands that whine (Yes actually whine)  just as much about stuff and you definitely wouldn't call them emo.

Could be their look, but other than the lead singer looking a bit like an anime character still not getting an "Emo" vibe from them.

Either way I agree with Aeon that I wouldn't label them as Goth.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I honestly don't give a rat's ass if their Goth or not, I just like their music.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

LOLOLOOL MCR IS GOTH????? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH

Thank you, thank you so much for that shit. Funniest thing I've read all week.

Seeing as how most of my friends are goth I am going to have share this with them.

Goth people are not annoying or depressing, you're perspective is warped Drak. And warped really really bad.

Hugs let me give you a taste of what "Goth" really is. Mkay?

Dimmu Borgir Is Goth. The rest of the world is now laughing at the fact you called one of the pussiest most pathetic piles of decrepid mouse turds ever to invade the music industry Goth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAmMcBQavKE

Nightwish is Goth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4LyKd-Hws

Celtic Frost Is Goth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6RXTjm4iA

Cradle of Filth is Goth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgXmwCbnIhc

Moonspell is Goth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNH94dP0DI

Please do some research before you say something like that again :)

Not to be a dick but you're treading in on my realm of existence and i don't take kindly to it :) hehe

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

lol one more cradle song to drive the point home. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgEArezaYtI

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

*COUGHCOUGH*ASS*COUGHCOUGH*

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Sorry? Lol I mainly listen to Goth rock/metal. Felt the need to clarify what Goth was. MCR is pop rock Emo garbage. Felt unintentionally insulted :)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Well we all have different opinions Ryan. Question, do you like My Morning Jacket, Wax Fang, White Stripes, or Gorillaz? I just want to know if there are other people who like these artists.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I have every My Morning jacket album signed and hanging in my studio in the basement. One of my favorites. I also own all of the Gorillaz albums. Wax fang... nah my friend tried to turn me onto em but no.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

White Stripes, good stuff.  Have you heard of The Dead Weather?  Jack White is an amazing artist and their style really compliments him, I think.  He just does so well when in a duet with a female singer for some reason, like the 007 song "Another Way to Die" :D

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

When I close my eyes to MMJ, it feels like I'm in heaven. Gorillaz I find cool because they made a song for almost every genre.

2D: Overload, overload, overload, coming up to th-*THWACK!*

Murdoc: WILL YOU STOP SINGING I'M TRYING TO DRIVE!

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

http://grooveshark.com/s/Stylo+feat+Bobby+Womack+and+Mos+Def/3VVY14?src=5

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Not warped exactly. I find the way certain people behave to be annoying as fuck, and ridiculous. I'm sure i'm not the only one to have this opinion of some people, and I will likely not be the last. I'm sure you have some group of people that you feel te same way that I feel towards goths about. You're just defending them because you sympathize with them, just as I would defend a group that I sympathize with. That does not mean either of our opinions are warped, that just means they're our opinions.

:p

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Thugs. And gangsters.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
So... you got your idea of what "goth" is is from My Immortal (the fanfic), right? Because I could totally understand hating goths if you thought all goths were like that... which could admittedly only happen if you were clinically retarded. But anyway, yes, I do have a group I hate--and it's bigoted idiots like you, who think that just because one member of a group does something they find annoying, the entire group is like that! Here's hoping there's a god so you and people like you can get what you deserve! The human race makes me sick sometimes, lol!

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Hmph.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Seriously, you're like one of those modern racists who don't even understand that what they're saying is wrong, and it pisses me off.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

holy balls! ...

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I don't like certain people because the way certain people act annoy me. It has nothing to do with taste, it has everything to do with a certain group's cultural preferences being stupid and/or annoying to me. If someone does something that annoys you, you won't like that person. If a group of people does something that annoys you, you won't like that group of people. If a large group of people have something that is common to them that you find annoying then you won't like that large group of people.

What's bigoted is that you- an obsessive little 14 year old girl with what I can only describe as some of the most serious groupie symptoms ever- believe that you can call me a bigot because I'm not an all-loving person who cares about everyone's feelings and hopes and preferences. No, I don't like Goths, because they annoy me. Just like I suppose you don't like people because they annoy you.

You call be a bigoted idiot because I don't like Goths? Why should I like them? Hmm? Give me a single reason that I shouldn't find anyone who acts like a Goth annoying? I know several in real life, and hearing them talk is one of the most torturous experiences I've ever had to go through. being around them leaves me in a constant state of exasperation. Not all Goths are like the Goths I know you say? How fucking wonderful for all those other Goths then, I don't give half a shit, from my experience, Goths annoy me, and therefore I won't like them.

Heh, I don't understand that what I'm saying is wrong? You're pathetic. You think I care if what I'm doing is wrong or not? You think I'll change my opinions because of a pre-teen who's been obsessed with having sex with someone who I'm assuming is a 30+ year old guy who you've never met before in your life? 

No, I don't care whether what I'm doing is "wrong" to you, but I won't be compared to an ignorant racist who judges people by nothing other than their skin or country of origin. I'm not doing anything so bigoted as that, I'm judging people by their lifestyle, and should I find their lifestyle repugnant or repulsive, that is what I will think of them. Just as I'm sure you would find the lifestyle of a cannibal or a mass murderer or a pedophile repugnant (I'm just picking groups that everyone hates), I find the lifestyle of a goth the same.

Now YOU on the other hand, someone who thinks themselves so above everyone else that they'll immediately shoot down anything that disagrees with them, and go so far as to outright insult and falsely accuse someone simply because they stated they didn't like something you liked. That's bigoted. It's one thing to be annoyed by something, it's another to aggressively react to it because you can't handle being disagreed with. YOU piss me off, because you have no respect for other people, no dignity, no sense. You decide that what you think should apply to everyone else, because your tiny little thought it up, and obviously that must mean you're right. Hmph.

How about the next time you try and compare someone to a racist, try and make sure that they're already acting like racists, hmm? Or, you know, make sure you're not being a bigots yourself.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

"Nevermind" indeed.

Next?

(not directed at you Drak.)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Sometimes I feel there's two kinds of people in this world. 

Those who leave the people and other things that annoy them alone and try to avoid them. And then there are those who have things that annoy them more than other things but don't care. I feel there are very few of the second kind. 

This is not at all hostile. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Yes, but what about the people who actively seek out the things that annoy them just to hate at them?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Drak wasn't seeking it out anymore than you were. 

Now if you could hold back your hostility, please. I'm sure Drak would too. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Oh, I know Drak wasn't seeking it out, I'm merely pointing out the people like, for instance... well, the best example is probably still the Westboro Baptist Church.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

but we're not dealing with WBC we're dealing with an internet discussion that has now been shitted on in multiple degrees. :)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Sounds familiar but can't quite think of why. If you would please explain the reference. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
The Westboro Baptist Church is the organization behind GodHatesFags.com.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I believe that's more of seeking attention. Negative attention but attention is attention. I don't think they are searching for anything. But I have never been on the site so I wouldn't know. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Oh, they also protest at gay rallies and the funerals of soldiers.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

yeah, like I said let's leave them out of this. What Drak said was his opinion, It didn't need 3 MS word pages of your response. End of subject, Drop it or take it to PM's.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I don't understand the funerals of soldiers but if they protesting I'm sure they are trying to change others minds. That's completely different. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Trying to change other people's minds? No, just telling them they're going to hell.

The funerals of soldiers are because America supports gay gay rights, and soldiers fight for America, so therefore soldiers must be fighting for gay rights. Logic is not one of their strong points.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Eh. *shrugs*

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I'm fourteen, not a preteen, and I haven't obsessed over EndMaster since before my hiatus. I have no problem with cannibals or mass murderers unless they're also insane (which, sadly, many are) and am hardly the person to talk to about pedophilia.

I call you a bigoted idiot because you're judging people based on an ignorant stereotype of their behavior. I call what you're saying wrong, not what you're doing. I do not expect you to be perfect, merely not an asshole. I was comparing you to racists in the sense that you seem to believe, as many of them do, that what you're saying is so obviously acceptable, if not laudable, that you needn't even bother to justify it, when in fact sane people will instantly recognize it as ridiculous and bigoted.

While a subgroup of goths can indeed be selected that shares certain personality traits or behaviors--none of which, I may point out, are exclusive to goths--which may be annoying to you, it's also true that regarding only a specifically chosen group that shares the traits you happen to dislike is hardly a fair or accurate way to judge a group, and different selections of people will likely yield different results. Furthermore, while the goths you personally know may be insufferable dickwads, assuming that they are representative of goths in general is as stupid as assuming, based on the examples of the Westboro Baptist Church and the people who wanted Harry Potter banned, that all Christians are idiots and would-be murderers. Even assuming that you know as many as ten goths, and that all of them are horrible, your sample size is simply too small to make any meaningful extrapolation.

As for the accusation of being a bigot myself, I really can't see where you're coming from, unless you're saying that I'm bigoted against bigoted idiots, as your other text was composed merely of wild accusations of, for instance, "immediately shooting down anything that disagrees with me," and "not being able to handle being disagreed with," assumptions that seem based on my profile as it was more than a year ago, and in any case more accurately describe you than me.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

"I'm fourteen, not a preteen, and I haven't obsessed over EndMaster since before my hiatus. I have no problem with cannibals or mass murderers unless they're also insane (which, sadly, many are) and am hardly the person to talk to about pedophilia."

Well, nothing to say here. Your lack credibiliy is astonishing.

---

"I call you a bigoted idiot because you're judging people based on an ignorant stereotype of their behavior.

Well, had you payed attention, you'd remember that I was referencing my own personal experience with that particular group of people, not a stereotype. And for the record, they don't conform to the "stereotypical goth" either.

---

I call what you're saying wrong, not what you're doing. I do not expect you to be perfect, merely not an asshole. I was comparing you to racists in the sense that you seem to believe, as many of them do, that what you're saying is so obviously acceptable, if not laudable, that you needn't even bother to justify it, when in fact sane people will instantly recognize it as ridiculous and bigoted."

Oh? Really? I ask you dear, who here has agreed with you? Who here, on this entire site, has ever agreed with you? Who here, on this entire site, has ever taken the stance that you're taking against me? Unless there's a secret group of people within the forums who secretly send PMs to each other discussing how much of an asshole I am, then you're alone on this. Are you calling everyone here insane Nevermind? 

---

While a subgroup of goths can indeed be selected that shares certain personality traits or behaviors--none of which, I may point out, are exclusive to goths-which may be annoying to you, it's also true that regarding only a specifically chosen group that shares the traits you happen to dislike is hardly a fair or accurate way to judge a group, and different selections of people will likely yield different results. 

I don't think you understand dear, i'm not talking about human behavior which I find annoying, I AM talking about behavior that is specific to goths (well, not purely specific, but prominent among them). I don't like their music, their clothes, what they talk about, their mind set, their typical preferences, I do not like the goth culture. If any "goth" subscribes to the goth culture, then I immediately don't like them, because their culture is annoying to me. And since you have to subscribe to the goth culture to be a goth (Otherwise you aren't a goth) then I do not like goths. simple as that.

I find these traits in particular dreary, annoying, and unpleasant, therefore I do not like the group. If anything, the goths I personally know seem to be more "tame" than others i've encountered. It's still enough to annoy me.

It might not be a fair way to judge an entire group. So what? You want me to judge every single group of fucking people I meet in the word fairly? You want me to meet every single one of them and hear their stories and talk to them and share my feelings? Fuck no! I'll judge people from the people I know in life, I'll judge goths from the goths I know. 

---

Furthermore, while the goths you personally know may be insufferable dickwads, assuming that they are representative of goths in general is as stupid as assuming, based on the examples of the Westboro Baptist Church and the people who wanted Harry Potter banned, that all Christians are idiots and would-be murderers. Even assuming that you know as many as ten goths, and that all of them are horrible, your sample size is simply too small to make any meaningful extrapolation.

If someone's only life experience with christians was with people from the Westboro Baptist Church, then they'd be completely justified in judging christians with that knowledge. What else are they going to judge christians on?

As for the number of goths I know- that's irrelevant. I know enough about their lifestyles, or "goth culture" to conclude that I don't like it. I need nothing more. Just like a feminist would not like the islam religion if she read the Q'uran, I do not like goths because I know of goth culture. 

---

As for the accusation of being a bigot myself, I really can't see where you're coming from, unless you're saying that I'm bigoted against bigoted idiots, as your other text was composed merely of wild accusations of, for instance, "immediately shooting down anything that disagrees with me," and "not being able to handle being disagreed with," assumptions that seem based on my profile as it was more than a year ago, and in any case more accurately describe you than me.

Oh really? Please then, give me an example of me being a bigot that isn't me simply stating that I don't like goths because I find their culture repugnant? Please, do, because last time I checked, my lifestyle preferences didn't make me a bigot. 

The only thing I based off of your profile was your obvious immaturity, and mental issues, which I can only assume are still there, though perhaps not as prominent these days.

My text was composed of wild accusations? Says the person who purposely revived a thread in order to call me an idiotic bigot, because she disagreed with my opinion.

Because that's what's happening right now dear, you're calling me a bigot because you don't like my view of the world. You call me close-minded because I don't agree with you. You call me clinically retarded because you assume that I HAVE to have the same likes and dislikes as you, otherwise i'm a bigot. here, let me repost your original paragraph.

So... you got your idea of what "goth" is is from My Immortal (the fanfic), right? Because I could totally understand hating goths if you thought all goths were like that...which could admittedly only happen if you were clinically retarded 

^ So, apparently, i'm only allowed to dislike people or their cultures if YOU understand it? Oh yeah, that makes sense. Not bigoted or arrogant at all.

But anyway, yes, I do have a group I hate--and it's bigoted idiots like you, who think that just because one member of a group does something they find annoying, the entire group is like that!

That's right, make more assumptions about someone you know nothing about, go ahead and assume that you now know exactly how this person feels about all other human beings. Go ahead and immediately establish that I apparently only know one goth person, and made my assumptions almost entirely off of ONE action made by that person. Don't try and think for a second that i've actually had experiences with numerous goth people in my life, and I just haven't liked any of them.

Here's hoping there's a god so you and people like you can get what you deserve! The human race makes me sick sometimes, lol!

Yeah, you just know that pretty much anyone who says this sentence is a complete and utter idiot. I wonder, what do you know about me dear, other than I don't like goth people? Hmm? No really, what? Nothing? Hmm, yeah, you're right, your presumptions are completely right, just forget about actually thinking things through.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
First: tr.v. ster·e·o·typed, ster·e·o·typ·ing, ster·e·o·types 1. To make a stereotype of. 2. To characterize by a stereotype: "Elderly Americans are the neglected sector of the fashion industry, stereotyped by blue hair and polyester pantsuits" (American Demographics). 3. To give a fixed, unvarying form to. 4. To print from a stereotype-TheFreeDictionary.com Definition of STEREOTYPE 1 : to make a stereotype from 2 a : to repeat without variation : make hackneyed b : to develop a mental stereotype about — ste·reo·typ·er noun Examples of STEREOTYPE It's not fair to stereotype a whole group of people based on one person you don't like. movies have stereotyped the hooker with a heart of gold ad nauseam-Merriam-Webster.com

So yeah, you're stereotyping.

Second: I'm not calling everyone on this site insane, because they mostly don't agree with you.

Third: see, this is just what I'm talking about. You're taking a few things you don't like that are common to goths, such as their clothing, music, etc. and acting like just because these things are relatively universal, their mindsets and conversational topics must also be universal. That's judging based an appearance, which is exactly what you claimed you don't do.

Fourth: I'm not talking about someone whose only experience of Christians was of the Westboro Baptist Church, I'm talking about someone who had access to other information about Christianity, who in fact had the option to make the effort and get to know Christians who weren't insane, but, because the Westboro Baptist Church were the only Christians they'd had experience with, and because they were a lazy, awful person, willfully judged all Christians based on that example anyway.

Fifth: I've already given examples of you being bigoted, and I need not repeat them here. I said the accusations sounded as if you'd based them off my old profile because, a bit more than a year ago, those accusations wouldn't have been all that inaccurate. And as far as I can tell, the thread had already been revived. I'm calling you a bigot because your view of the world is bigoted, I'm calling you close-minded because you won't even make the effort to find out if there are goths who don't fit your stereotype, and I'm not calling you clinically retarded at all-I'm pointing out that anyone who reads the "fanfic" My Immortal, widely regarded as one of the worst on the internet, and believes that its portrayal of goths and gothic culture is at all accurate, must have some kind of mental deficiency. If this fanfic is not what you base your hatred of goths on, then the insult doesn't apply.

Sixth: You're misinterpreting. What I was saying was that I could understand and sympathize with someone who hated people like the "goffs" (yes, that is how it's spelled in My Immortal) portayed in this fanfic, because this fanfic is horrible and inaccurate, much like the way you seem to view goths.

Seventh: it's not that I'm assuming you know only one goth person, it's that I'm using a figure of speech, typically used to refer to the action of generalizing about the many based on the actions of a few.

And finally: I don't actually need to know more, because there really aren't personality traits that make it okay to be a bigot. The final sentence was more joking, and intended to add a sense of lightheartedness or enthusiasm to exclamation marks that might otherwise have been interpreted as anger.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Why do y'all feel the need to try to prove to each other something that the other will never agree on? You are both wasting your precious time on each other. If you both do this often, you will have no good memories to die with. And you can't say you have plenty of time because for all you know either of you could within the next week, day, or even hour. 

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
On the contrary, my dear, I have every intention of becoming omnipotent long before I would have died; it's the method I'm not sure of. And besides, I already have plenty of good memories.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

omg you troll just go away lol

I hate to say it BUT it is very obvious no one here really cares for your mind set, comments, or personality in general. The fact I get updates on my thread from you is just infuriating. Please if you can't shut up then respect everyone else and just use the private message system WHICH ALL of this should have been done in.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Actually, if this thread belongs to anyone it belongs to ThisIsBo, as he's the one who originally posted it. When Drakilian decides to PM a reply to me instead of posting on the forum, I will do the same; but it would be rather confusing, and not much better, to see only his half of the debate. As for the "no one here caring for my mindset, comments, or personality," I have yet to see any post-hiatus evidence for that, other than your and Drakilian's regrettable dislike of me. However, taking your comment into consideration, I am extending an open invitation to Drakilian to either send his next reply to me via PM or, as I would have willing to do in the first place, cease the debate altogether. If this invitation is not accepted, business will continue as usual.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

You never call me dear, do I have to disagree with you more aggressively to earn a term of endearment?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

So, you really want Drak to call you dear?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Yep. Or 'mon ami'. I like to imagine Warmth in the cold, heartless internet. Such words help me lie to myself

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
I can call you dear, or love, or darling, or sweetheart, or....

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Sky I'll call you whatever you want ;) muahahaha

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Was only using it since saying Nevermind every time I was to address her would look weird on text.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Wait, you called me dear? Awww, that's so sweet.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I'm starting to question whether or not you read the post...

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Oh, I read it; I just didn't pay attention to what you were calling me, or if you were calling me anything at all, and that, combined with the time between reading it and reading Skysworne's post, not to mention that I was mostly focusing on my rebuttal, kind of kept it from making the transition to long term memory. Also, I read kind of a lot of essays about Mary Sues in the interim, so yeah, I didn't really remember any dears.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Mary sue as in when you write a character who is perfect because you write yourself as you wish to be in the role? What got you reading about that Topic?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Well, I like reading essays about bad writing, and I was on FictionPress, so I searched it, and read the results that looked interesting.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Oh, that makes sense.  Ugh, it seems like there are a lot more ways to suck at writing than ways to be good at it.  Are you working on anything in particular, or just studying for future works?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
In story games I have been working on Paint for Me a Mask to Hide Behind again recently, although it's still not something that so much as appears to have a possibility of ending, let alone anywhere near done (and I don't have to worry about Mary Sues in this one, because there are no descriptions at all) and I have an account over on FictionPress (http://www.fictionpress.com/u/795368/) with two recent poems and some older ones, but I'm not really doing much right now.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Yea, I have a habit of overly ambitious stories as well. Especially when I spend most of my time on CYS in the forums instead of writing, even though I always tell myself I'm not getting on the forums.. *sigh*

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Yeah, the forums here are like that.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Aeon is saying "dear" too. Too many dears! Hunting season opens get a gun. Lol

Wait that might have been Nevermind. Hmm....

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
Well, I know I called you dear--maybe we both did?

(And actually, before my hiatus, I went through a period at one point where I called everyone dear, darling, or sweetheart.)

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

when did I say Dear? I only say Dear to sky?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
NeverMind, found out. Moving on....

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Honestly, I dont give a crap whats its called. If I like it I listen to it.

And thanks for the new bands. I like Nightwish the best so far but Celtic Frost was close. The others were cool too.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Nightwish is amazing.  You should check out their version of Phantom of the Opera on youtube.  It gives me chills every time I watch it.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Nightwish is great. I miss their old singe rbtter. She left some massive shoes to fill.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Tarja is an amazing singer, for sure.  Her voice is so powerful.  I wish they would get her back, I know she was being a bit of an evil diva, but I'd put up with a lot more for her singing magic.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago
See when you can back up all your BS with just pure raw talent like she could. Well some arguments are just better left alone.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Well, like I always say, the beautiful ones are always crazy.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc4TXCZGgXY

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

That is the most perfect thing I've seen in at least the last 24 hours.  Why don't they teach you these things in school?!

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

Pah, when has anyone ever learnt anything important about life in school?

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

I'd make "Things they should have taught you in school" a new forum topic, but since 90 percent of CYS users appear to be in school, well, it would just be silly.

Your guilty pleasure?

10 years ago

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." Albert Einstein

For those that like to argue about metal

10 years ago

I just found a handy guide on how to tell the difference between all the metal (and rock) genres. Not sure if everyone will agree with everything, but it is a pretty cool map. Map of Metal

10 years ago

Ha ha, I like these classifications:

POWER METAL

The protagonist arrives riding a white unicorn, escapes from the dragon, saves the princess and makes love to her in an enchanted forest.

THRASH METAL
The protagonist arrives, fights the dragon, saves the princess and fucks her.

HEAVY METAL
The protagonist arrives on a Harley, kills the dragon, drinks a few beers and fucks the princess.

FOLK METAL
The protagonist arrives with some friends playing accordions, violins, flutes and many more weird instruments, the dragon falls asleep (because of all the dancing). Then all leave… without the princess.

VIKING METAL
The protagonist arrives in a ship, kills the dragon with his mighty axe, skins the dragon and eats it, rapes the princess to death, steals her belongings and burns the castle before leaving.

DEATH METAL
The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon, fucks the princess and kills her, then leaves.

BLACK METAL
The protagonist IS the dragon, dwells in the heart of the night with in a castle full of hellhounds and eternal flames. He kills the sassy knight, fucks the noble steed and sacrifices the princess to Satan.

GORE METAL
The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon and spreads his guts in front of the castle, fucks the princess and kills her. Then he fucks the dead body again, slashes her belly and eats her guts. Then he fucks the carcass for the third time, burns the corpse and fucks it for the last time.

DOOM METAL
The protagonist arrives, sees the size of the dragon and thinks he could never beat him, then he gets depressed and commits suicide. The dragon eats his body and the princess as dessert. That’s the end of the sad story.

PROGRESSIVE METAL
The protagonist arrives with a guitar and plays a solo of 26 minutes. The dragon kills himself out of boredom. The protagonist arrives to the princess’ bedroom, plays another solo with all the techniques and tunes he learned in the last year of the conservatory. The princess escapes looking for the ‘HEAVY METAL’ protagonist.

GLAM METAL
The protagonist arrives, the dragon laughs at the guy’s appearance and lets him enter. He steals the princess’ make up and tries to paint the castle in a beautiful pink color.

NU METAL
The protagonist arrives in a run down Honda Civic and attempts to fight the dragon but he burns to death when his moronic baggy clothes catch fire.

GRINDCORE
The protagonist arrives, screams something completely undecipherable for about two minutes and then leaves…

GOTHIC METAL
The princess in a velvet costume starts singing soprano. The protagonist completes the duet when he shows up, they sing while the dragon plays the flute. Suddenly the dragon swallows up the pipe and accidentally scorches the beauty and the protagonist, and then he suffocates to death. All their souls are damned in hell for eternity.

INDUSTRIAL METAL
The protagonist arrives wearing greasy overcoat, makes an obscene gestures towards dragon, and gets escorted out of fairy tale land by security guards.

SPEED METAL
Suddenly there is a short solo, the dragon is confused; someone’s screaming weird stuff; the princess realizes she’s been deflowered; the dragon and the princess are still looking for the one who caused this.

CHRISTIAN METAL
The protagonist rides in on his way home from Church and sings a mushy power ballad to the dragon about how much Jesus loves him and that the dragon should turn to Him. The Dragon is immediately converted, and when the princess wants to ‘thank’ the protagonist he replies, “Sorry, but I don’t believe in having sex before marriage.”

SYMPHONIC METAL
The protagonist enters the lair of the dragon with a full choir and orchestra, and the princess sings notes so high-pitched that she makes the dragon go deaf. The dragon tries to burn them all to death, but all of the members of the choir sing so loudly and unified, that it creates a protective bubble, which only grows in strength from the lead guitarist’s solo later in the song, and the flames bounce back and the dragon ends up killing itself while everyone escapes.

10 years ago

I can agree with these :)

10 years ago

These use dragons to describe musical genres, I approve.