Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Do any of you talk about this place?

10 years ago

Do any of you "advertise" this place or mention it to others (in real life or the internet) since we get a lot of wanderers and lurkers that never actually sign up, but are obviously still reading stuff and leaving comments.

Just sort of wondering if all these folks are just seeking out CYOA stuff on their own or if it's a word of mouth type thing. I mean I guess it could be a combo, where the lurkers tell others and they wander here to lurk as well.

10 years ago

Nope.

10 years ago

I've talked to my classmates about some games. 

10 years ago

I advertise my stories here on some other sites.

I originally found out about this site by searching for Basic IF/THEN Coding to use with a CYOA. It was love at first site when I landed here  ^v^

10 years ago

Sometimes I learned about here from CoG forums and after there games got more and more expensive I decided to come over here. 

10 years ago

No. I found this place through IS, which I found through Google. I suspect that most of us found it through the Internet as well.

10 years ago

I got one of my friends to sign up but she doesn't get on much.

10 years ago

I mention this place from time to time. 

10 years ago

Isn't that how Bo joined? 

10 years ago

Yes indeed.

10 years ago

After I said that mafia sounded like a "horrible idea" :P

10 years ago

We need to run another mafia game on the site. The last two games ended with me dominating, since everyone listened to me without question. 

10 years ago

Came here from CoG when quality of games became worse and I dun has money to pay, only read vampire and hosted games there

10 years ago

I actually have a hyper link on mY Yahoo voices profile that leads to the CYS.com home page :)

10 years ago

I found this game after blatantly looking up "How to make your own choose your own adventure story."

I knew how, I just wanted a program so I didn't have to say "Go to this page or Go to that page" and then put page numbers all over the shit.

Then I saw this place and liked it, and signed on as SentinelPenguin. Then I forgot the password. Then I signed on as ISentinelPenguinI. And then I discovered the wonderful world of the forums, and I didn't know jackshit about mustaches, penguins, or anything of the like.

10 years ago

I found this because i spent forever googling to get a site like this that was COG. I went back onto the forums and suggested  chooseyourstory.com so maybe someone found it through there.

10 years ago

I came here while trying to find a decent game where you could play as a necromancer (They don't exist, these games). I found Endmaster's necromancer, played it, played a large amount of games, left the site. Showed up again a year later, made an account, played a bit, left. Came about about 4 months ago, remembered by password, and i've been here ever since.

10 years ago

^Basically his story except the leaving part. I don't think I ever did that. xD

Still have not found any games CYOA-type or otherwise that let's you play as a necromancer besides Endmaster's. (unless it's a crappy game.)

I learned about IS through Endmaster's page and Cog through the forums. :P

10 years ago

There's a couple of friends that I tried recommending this site to. One of them created an account here, but he isn't very active.

I found this site through COG forums, where I was visiting frequently almost one and a half years back. Then there was a post about other sites with interactive fiction, along with links to Eternal and Necromancer, and maybe Death song. (I can't remember). I made an account after reading Necromancer and then I sort of ditched COG. I still hang out there, but I'm not as active as I used to be.

10 years ago

I typically just refer to it as "this writing site that I go to". I've only mentioned it by name to two people recently, both showed interest but one wants to wait until she has her laptop back.

10 years ago
Not alot. I myself found this while going through CoG, but it wanted cash soon then, and I started to search other Multiple choice games. Found this and been here since.