Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Just dropping in to say hi :) I would love to make new friends And am in the midst of my very first storygame! I would love a regular chat buddy as I am often lonely.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago
Welcome, enjoy your stay as a member of the community :D

I'll talk all day about anything, serious or not. Private Messages are best for one-to-one conversations, but if you'd like to discuss something, the lounge forum gladly accepts any point of view as valid (many people might not agree with your opinions, but they accept that they are your opinions and will likely read your post anyways).

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hello, I guess, I am not such a chatty guy, but I know someone who is, Delta44, PM him and tell him I told you about him, then talk away.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

For sanity's sake, you should talk to me. 

Because who needs that shit, right? :P

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!

If you want a chat, don't be afraid to ask away in the lounge and or PM me.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Welcome!

I am not the most talkative person in the forums, perhaps, but I would be happy to chat with you if you want someone to talk to, I'm usually logged in--though I won't always respond right away. Good luck on your story game, don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it, and -please- take your time to polish and proof-read before posting it.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Umm, sorry to hear that you're lonely.

But welcome to the site! Hope you have a good time reading and writing here.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Welcome to CYS. My name is James. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hello. We are all lonely. xD Sometimes.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Howdy, enjoy your stay here in CYS!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hola!

?I'm the resident bastard.

Here's a spork!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Do you seriously want to start the spork thing again? Well, do you?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Quite frankly, Claw, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Oh, sure you do... Remember we used to this a long while now?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Very true. And what does a spork have to do with anything? Anyway, welcome to the new member! It's pretty cool here. laugh

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Welcome, fellow newcomer! Is far as I know, this place is really nice people (who are also, more often than not, really weird, but in a good way!) willing to just hang around and chat, so if you just browse around on the forums and post a reply to anything that catches your eye, I'm sure you'll have a chat buddy in no time.

Congratulations on starting your very first storygame, and wishing you best of luck! If you run into any questions or problems, the folks over at the Writing Workshop and Advanced Editor Forums are all super helpful, so feel free to drop in.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

If you didn't say fellow newcomer, people would probably think you've been on the site since it was made. Well, that's all I have to say. 11302, out. *Runs off*

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

My goodness I never thought an intro would be this popular or it would've been way more flashy. No one would happen to play Neopets would you?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I did, once upon a time. I think I had a blue Chia and I logged on faithfully every day to spin the wheels and collect my omelette, haha.

Good times.

That website will always have a special place in my heart.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

it's still up you know?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yeah. It's been so long though, I can't even remember what email account I used to sign up with.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Lol I used to always forget as a kid so I just made a new one! Ah good times :)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I have a red shoryu or... however it's spelled, on there. It was level 25 or something, I think? I read it countless books, battled with it, gave it pets. I can't remember my password or user name anymore, but I do remember I had a bunch of Egypt themed items. The Egyptian themed place and the Haunted Woods were my favorite places in the whole game. I played it for a while, then I got my little sister into it and it amused her for hours when I used to babysit her a lot.

These days, I look back on it fondly and my littlest sister just made an account on there, but I haven't logged in myself in years.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You can give your pets their own pets? Where do I sign up? Oh, and on the matter of Neopets, I used to make a ton of accounts (That I never played) and I just completely stopped playing when I turned 8 (I thought I was a man at that time). Well, Neopets just doesn't appeal to me anymore. 11302, out! *Runs off*

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yeah, they're called "pet pets" as stupid as that sounds. I liked the concept, though. It was a little buddy they could play games with and you can use your pet pets to battle other pet pets. xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

The best concept ever. Worst name ever. The moral of that there post by the sky pirate Kiel Farren. 11302, out! *Runs off* (Yes, I decided to end every post I make with "11302, out! *Runs off*". Get used to it.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, happy 2 year anniversary, Kiel!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

xD ... If you're going to call me by a full title, it's Captain Kiel Farren.

O.o I'm surprised you noticed. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

No problem... Even though there's a thread for it now...

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yep. 'Cuz you mentioned it. xD I hadn't realized it until you said something.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I haven't played it in many years now xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Welcome to the site and good luck with your game :)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hello. I'm a guy that's kind of funny and I'm kind of a douche. Get used to me.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

This is the first time I've seen anyone introduce themselves as a douche.

I laughed and choked on my drink when I read that.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Oh, I'm not the kind that's just a jerk, I'm an actual douche. I clean blood. That is my purpose. I'm weird as fuck.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Note to self: Never drink or eat anything while browsing the forums. XD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I have a pimple the size of New York on my forehead right now... Life sucks..... Oh, I mean... What are your opinions on the joke I made, like, on a scale of 1 to 10?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

It's awesome, kid. 10/10.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Why refer to me as a 'kid'?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You sound pretty young. XD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm 13... But I do have the intelligence of a six-year-old, soooooooo... There's that. That motherfucker of a pimple just won't go away... Alright, time to break out the nukes! 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

That's still a kid to a lot of us.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yeah, considering half the members on the site are in their late teens and early 20's... Screw this, I'm gonna go see if trains will slow down if I point blow dryers at them.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm curious what the average age on this forum is now.

So far, it seems to be a pretty wide range.

@11302 You're way more literate than I was when I was 13.

Now I just feel old and crotchedy. Gonna go tell some stupid kids to get off my lawn.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Around 16, I'd say, but that's only because we have some super young kids that drop the average down to that.  

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I might be part of those stupid kids... Think about THAT next time...

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

GERROFF MY LAWN!

--edit--

((Naw, just kidding, you're awesome. Feel free to play in the poison hemlock all you want.))

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

That's your lawn? I thought that was where my dog pees!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

There are a few people that are 10-ish, loads of people in their teens, and several older people to corral the younger ones and make many of the best story games. I'm only 12, not even in my teens.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

TacocaT, that maturity ain't gonna be staying with you long.  Before you know it, your idiocy will run wild and you'll start posting giant text across the message boards like I did.

Though, I think they proofed the site against stuff like that, thanks to yours untruly...I think.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I believe that her maturity will stick around. I don't think she would betray the good faith I have instilled in her. Of course, I have been wrong before.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Wait, you wrong? Naw, that could never happen, it's impossible. laugh

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Why the sarcasm? I was essentially defending you.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

What? I was just joking around and trying to lighten the mood a bit. I didn't mean to offend you, I just thought you were taking this a bit too seriously. I suppose you don't pick up on moods well do you? I'm just asking out of curiosity, I'm not trying to be offensive.  

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Sorry, Swift's comment annoys me. But, no, I am not good at "picking up on moods".

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I thought so. My friend is the same way. I never try to offend people.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Unless they insulted you first, of course. ;)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

*gets all offended* I would never do such a thing! ;P (I still think that face thingy looks weird (I'm not really offended, and I mean no offense to you james if you take any (I don't know why you would, but it's better to be safe then sorry)))

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I believe that her maturity will stick around. I don't think she would betray the good faith I have instilled in her. Of course, I have been wrong before.

Dude. You need to cross that part out. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Umm...why? I see nothing wrong with it.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You shouldn't doubt yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, then who will? 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I would.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hmm...I wasn't implying that I have no faith in myself. I was just making an offhand reference to the "one who shall not be named" and how it takes a lot for me to stand up for someone, even in an environment like this where there are no repercussions for my actions.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Still. You shouldn't make it sound like you were doubting your own statement. When you make it sound like that, your words and what they stand for, lose their credibility.  

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Umm...okay?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Part of the mood pick up. If you cross it out, then you don't lose as much credibility while kinda lightening the mood.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I was kind of thinking leaving that out entirely. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Why? *gives you a puzzled look* (<--though that's not uncommon for me)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Because when you're standing up for someone you don't say something like, "I believe in this person, because so and so," and then say something like, "But then again, I might be wrong." You're doubting your own statement. That's not good. If you don't believe in what you say, then no one else will. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yeah, but acting like you're a hundred percent confident on something that could change and make you wrong makes you seem like a fool.

And really, if you're that confident then you quite possibly are one.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Thank you.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I never said you should act arrogant, only that you should believe in yourself when you say something, or at least act like you believe in what you're saying - NOT to act like an arrogant buffoon. Don't put words into my mouth.   

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Didn't need to, you wrote them yourself haha.

First off, you shouldn't 'act' like you believe in something. You should earnestly believe something if you're gonna say it. Unless you're trolling, but that's another thing. You could believe in what you're saying while still saying that you aren't 100% sure about a certain thing. He's not 'doubting his statement', his post included what was on the off chance that he was wrong.

That's a good thing.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

"Didn't need to, you wrote them yourself haha."

Actually, I didn't.

"First off, you shouldn't 'act' like you believe in something."

Not true. If you're saying something, not for your sake, but for the sake of someone else, and even if you don't believe the words yourself, when you're saying it to comfort them, it's a good thing. It's call a white lie.

"He's not 'doubting his statement', his post included what was on the off chance that he was wrong."

Like I already said to James - even if he's not doubting his statement, sounding unsure of himself while trying to defend someone else is never a good thing. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

"Not true. If you're saying something, not for your sake, but for the sake of someone else, and even if you don't believe the words yourself, when you're saying it to comfort them, it's a good thing. It's call a white lie."

I hate to bring our personal conversations into this, but did you not say that you absolutely despise hypocrites. To say something that you don't mean is, in a sense, hypocritical, is it not?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

"To say something that you don't mean is, in a sense, hypocritical, is it not"

No, not really. Hypocrisy is when you're saying something about someone that does something, that you also do, but you criticize them in a way that seems like you don't do it yourself. Lying is different from hypocrisy.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

hy•poc•ri•sy (hi-pok'ri-se)

• n. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
  • n. An act or instance of such falseness.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Right. But that's only if you practice in professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that you do not hold or possess.

When you're being a hypocrite, you are lying, but not necessarily the only way around. Which means you can lie, but not be a hypocrite. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

So, you absolutely despise hypocrites, yet you believe that lying is perfectly acceptable? I mean, don't get me wrong. I've had to lie to get myself out of some problems, but I usually try to avoid it.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

"So, you absolutely despise hypocrites, yet you believe that lying is perfectly acceptable?"

Where exactly did I said that? I said that lying and hypocrisy is two different things, not that I approve of lying. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

How about you guys open a new thread for this instead of cluttering up the welcoming thread for someone else?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Sorry, I was not intending for this to turn into an argument.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I was trying to help him. -_-

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I know, but you wanted an explanation.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago
I believe in everything I say.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Facepalm. 

You're not helping, Ford.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I usually just cross things out when I insult people and don't want them to take it seriously...or when I make a reference to some dark, twisted fetish of mine.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

@Swiftstryker

How old are you, anyways?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

... You're 12?

Hm. *peers at you* I was pretty mature at 12 myself, but it's odd. I thought I was one of the last. Amazing, they really do still exist.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

How old did you think I was?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Thought you were around my age haha. 14ish.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Wait, what?! You're only 14? I-I-I-I thought you were in your 20s. *looks at you with a bizarre mix of bafflement, surprise, and sheepishness*

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Wait, guess, what age I am?

*Sorry about this.*

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Sixteen?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Really? 6?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yup. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

*eye roll*

Actually, I am kind of curious as to your real age now.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, ha ha. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Have you? ... *peers* Link to post or it didn't happen.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Like I keep links on demand. XD

I'm 16 as of right now. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

... ... Dammit. *feels even older now* 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

He is sixteen :P

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hmmm...... I would guess around 15-17.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

YOu are close, I am 17

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I swear you were in your twenty's or late teens xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

... You're what? Tans, you're kidding, right? Right? 

Damn, I feel old right now.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Geezer.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Brat. I can still kick your ass with mah cane. :P

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

YUR TEARING ME APARRRRT >_<

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

How the hell did someone introducing themselves turn into a conversation about the average age on the forums? Our generation is destroyed...

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

That's plagiarizing. Get off the site freak. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

How was that plagiarizing. There will be rants... Many rants if you continue...

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You didn't put quotes. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

... Damn, you're right!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Ignorant little Nazi.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Gay little sack of coins.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I AM very happy.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Give that man a mothafuckin' cookie!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm being serious, your profile pic looks like the poster boy for a Nazi propaganda magazine.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I MIGHT change it back to Mega Man. Keyword: MIGHT

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

No it really doesn't, considering, yah know, fiftys artwork.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

The fifties weren't that far away from the fourties!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Well, consider this: He's from Fallout, and he's the mascot for Vault-Tec, a company that makes BOMB SHELTERS in 2077. Take that sack of coins!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Well, after looking, it seems he was originally based of a monopoly Rich Uncle Pennybags. Which were released in 1940. Either way, I don't think they would use a picture like that.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

That is what he probably wants from you, that and he most likely wants you to go away. Probably not a good idea to add fuel to the fire.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Actually, you know what, Tans ... it kind of makes sense now. xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm a rebel without a cause, old man.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

*swats your head with cane* :P

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Wait, so how old are you, Mr. Farren?

Like, 56 would be my guess.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You're an ass, Tans. xD

(An ass that can't vote, drink, smoke, drive, or legally have sex with an +18 year old hot chick. :P)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

*High fives Kiel* Wait... I can't do any of that either... Damn it!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Oh no, I'm safe from political enemies, lung cancer, car-crashes without someone to blame, and AIDS.

I'm a poor soul currently cheeky

Age, Mr. Farren, NAUGH.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I have no political enemies, no cancer, no hepatic disorders (since you forgot the downside of drinking) never crashed in my life, and my lover is clean. :P I also own my own place, make my own bedtime, spend money however I damn well please... xD 

xD Maybe your hypothetical adult life just sucks, man.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

My hypothetical adult life is a joke :P (though it's true that I'm safe from them, anyhow)

So, um, age? XD 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

:P You'd just mock me (more) if I told you.

Edit: But, eh, your -first- guess before you switched it to 56 was pretty close. I -am- in my twenties.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Since when does being under 18 stop anyone from drinking, smoking, driving or having sex with a +18 hot chick though?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Never stopped me! (I'm still a virgin, I will die a virgin)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

This ain't Detroit, Endmaster.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

lol, wut is detwoit? Dat is vary effensive 2 us detwoitimites. lik 12345, ot.

What did I just write?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

xD ... Okay, End, I meant legally and you know it. I even said it, albeit later in the post than I meant.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

FUCK THE POLICE!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

DISREGARD THE CONSTABULARY!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

WHAT IS CONSTABULARY? 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

*smacks forehead* Gawd... stop making me feel old you guys.

same thing, dude, my way is just fancier.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

That's hilarious, but I disapprove of the size.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm tired and I don't know / remember how to size the damn things.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I just go into paint to resize them. I'm poor as fuck.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Oh, well, refer to the first part of my reply "I'm tired" xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Oh yeah... GIRL, YOU NEED TO GET YO SLEEP! (I was pretending to be the sassy black BFF that you always see on TV)

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You can also change the HTML code via Source but that isn't accurate. I use Gimp to resize accurately.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Well, like I said, I'm poor as fuck. Wait, Gimp is free? Hell yeah!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yes but it is rather confusing when you first use it :P

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

And considering I don't use tutorials, it may take a little over 2 years for me to learn to use it properly.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I only used the tutorial to download it, mostly because I thought it would be hard, it wasn't xD

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I'm sorry for the late reply, I was working on a satire game that makes fun of Warriors (those are common now). Don't worry, it won't be a clone of mizal's Warriors game! Oh, and I don't use tutorials period. I just do it and it's done.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

A civil, non-paramilitary (police) force consisting of police officers called constables. This is the usual definition in Britain, in which all county police forces once bore the title (and some still do).

A large civil police force organized and trained along military lines, which may contain paramilitary elements. This is the usual definition in places outside of Great Britain such as the Royal Irish Constabulary, Royal Ulster Constabulary, Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, Jamaica Constabulary Force.

A military or paramilitary type force consisting of soldiers trained for police duties. Mostly established by the United States in the several countries over which it had protective status e.g.Philippine Constabulary,United States Constabulary in West Germany after World War II. These forces also performed military functions by maintaining "mobile forces" of organised units.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Brad, I think I got it from that hilarious but giant picture up there.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Wasn't actually clear in the post or at least not to me.

I mean you mentioned legally for the sex part, which actually is the only one where there is some flexibility depending on the state or country.

Anyway Tans adult life still sucks.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yeah, my game "Life Sucks" should kind of explain that (Even though I don't have an adult life).

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

... If you haven't had it, what you've written can't adequately explain it, no offense.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

None taken. I can't write for shit.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Purty much.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I didn't think about it. Now that I do, however, I would not have guessed 12.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Just to get this thread back on track...

So masterminor now that everyone has introduced themselves and such in your thread, could you tell us all what your story is about exactly?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Endmaster, this thread will never get back on track. NEVER I SAY!

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

But I think it would be a lot more interesting if masterminor told us all what his story is about.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Yeah, it would be really interesting to know. 

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

EndMaster, it is pretty obvious you have already played it xD

He isn't an adult from what he told me, so I don't think he is into it. From what I grasped, either he is some young person who is into it, or he has a parent or somebody into it.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hey guys, don't mock him. He's lonely.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Oh well, continue with the derailment then.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Um, her.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

So, umm, wanna tell us a bit about your story?

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I don't believe in spoiling surprises. Sorry.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

... It's hardly a surprise, everyone can read the preview.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I thought I fixed that? well darn it.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Still, it's not really anything to be ashamed of, I guess.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

You did fix it, but I guess most of us have already read it.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

I read a bit of it. But, because I have the attention span of a fly, I got bored and left. Then I shot a train with a BB gun and ran away like I just shot someone.

Hi, I'm new

9 years ago

Hai! *skips away, singing "happy" songs*