Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!

9 years ago

Hello!

I'm new to the site, of course, and just wanted to say hi!

Question: What are some things a "newbie" such as myself should learn right away? Anything in particular?

Hello!

9 years ago

Welcome JSDM.

Advice: Don't eat the strawberry pudding, join a forum game, make your storygames long, and in order to tag coins you have to do # @coins.

Hello!

9 years ago

'ello. That.....is a rather long username.

Hmmm..... that will be a hard question to answer. There are several different things. 

1) there currently is a post apocalyptic story-game contest

2) one of (there are several) the best writers on this site is in the process of creating two amazing story-games. Halcyon Days and Becoming Legend  

3) that people will most likely say something along the lines of 'Welcome to the site. Enjoy your stay' as their greeting.

4) People here have started to hate Warrior Cat fan-fics, so I'll warn you against making any of them.

5) Refrain from mentioning strawberry pudding or sporks unless you want a major thread derailment

I think that is most of it. If you have any other questions, there is always the help&info or you can ask people in the forums or via pms. 

Hello!

9 years ago

6) Don't tell Killa where his toaster is

7) Don't play Love SICK... unless you're into that stuff

8) Don't make your profile pic a gif

Hello!

9 years ago

8) why not?

Hello!

9 years ago

8) It takes for ever to load if you have slow internet or are on ios.

9) Don't do drugs

Hello!

9 years ago

8) Hmmm.......

10) DON'T TROLL

Hello!

9 years ago
"3) that people will most likely say something along the lines of 'Welcome to the site. Enjoy your stay' as their greeting." - I know right! Gosh, people need to be more original.

Hello!

9 years ago

Well, once, I actually considered saying "Welcome to CYS. Get your shit and get out."

Hello!

9 years ago

5) Why wouldn't you want that?

Hello!

9 years ago
Welcome, enjoy your stay :D

Learn who is who - who's helpful, who knows things, who has a reputation for this or that around the forums and in storygames. Get to know the community, rules, guidelines, and how things work - after that you should be fine with the overall site.

Hello!

9 years ago

Hi, welcome to the community. :)

The others have some pretty sound advice. The Help & Info tab on the side is a good place to go to learn about the website.

Hello!

9 years ago
Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!

Hello!

9 years ago

Hello. Please take your shoes off before stepping in. 

"What are some things a "newbie" such as myself should learn right away? Anything in particular?"

Yes. Don't take things too seriously. 

Hello!

9 years ago

Hey there!  I'm Boringfirelion, and hi!  Hey, this site is cool!  And... hi!

Hello!

9 years ago

Hey. Are you a boring fire lion? Or no?

Hello!

9 years ago

Capy welcomes you with open paws.