Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Title says it all. And by making a link, I mean making some words that are linked to another page... I think that sentence is still a little confusing, but I hope you understand.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Assuming you're in the basic editor?

Click Edit at the top of the page (next to Preview and Go Back)

Now, click the gray button at the bottom that says "Add New Link"

A box will pop up saying "Select Destination" and you can choose "a New Page" or "another Page"

Choose "A new page" and whatever you write in that box will be the text/words that link to the new page.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Or do you mean like "words in the middle of the page that you could click which link to another page?"

that's Twine that does that.

Maybe Killa, Kiel, or Berka could do it with scripts, but it would be complicated.

How do you make a link?

8 years ago

You turn rich text editor off and type: <a href="linkofpage">What You Want The Link To Say</a> to where you want the link to be. Don't know how well this works with items and variables.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Oops. I meant link in the forum.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Oh, yeah. Do you see at the top of the box you're typing in, the toolbar with Bold, Italic, Underline, and all that?

Just about in the middle of the bar is a chain-link looking thing. If you click that, you can paste a URL into the box, and it will appear as a link.  Or, you can highlight words, and then click the chainlink, and paste that URL in, and the words you highlighted will be a link to that URL.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Thanks!

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Testing the copy-link word thing...

Holy shit, Seth! You're a life-saver!

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Huh. You didn't know about that trick before? I could've sworn I saw you use it.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

I've been posting regular links like a scrub until now! I feel like I have so much FREEDOM! POWER! Hehehe.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

So I'm the only one who bothered to memorize the "<a href"  thing?

How do you make a link?

9 years ago

Nope.  And I wish more people would add 'target="_blank"' so I wouldn't be directed away from the website.

How do you make a link?

9 years ago
No.

How do you make a link?

8 years ago

Nope.