Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New game creation error message

8 years ago

I tried to create a new game, but I got this error message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

Overflow: 'CInt'

/my/creator/gamePage.vbs, line 142

What does that mean and hwo do I fix it?

8 years ago

We already know about this, it's in the bugs and problems section of the forum. There is no way that a regular member can fix it, AlexP (The site's owner) has to fix it.

8 years ago

Never mind. ^

8 years ago

Yeah, everyone has this problem; it's in the Bugs And Problems section. You can make a story, just can't edit it.

8 years ago

8 years ago

I read that. I still don't get it. How do I fix it?

8 years ago

*Facepalm* Like I said, only AlexP can fix it.

8 years ago

OK. Then how do I get AlexP to fix it?

8 years ago

You'll have to email him (By clicking that link that reads 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page), but someone already did that. It'll take him a while to fix it, though.

8 years ago

OK. Thank you. But how long is "a while?"

8 years ago

However long it takes. Last time, when duels and pictures were broken, it took a week or two.

8 years ago

"A week or two?" Oh, ye gods!

8 years ago

Alex fixed it. Oh thank ye, great lord!

8 years ago

Rejoice!

8 years ago

It's still full of bugs. When I click on "Game Options," it still gives me this message:

/my/creator/options.asp, line 26

And when I click on the title of the game, it takes me to a page that says "Invalid URL."

And when I click on the button that says "Add New Link," a screen pops up saying:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

8 years ago

That has been reported as well.

The best thing that can be done is to wait for AlexP to try to fix it. He's very busy, which is why features and his appearances occur once in a blue moon. However, as others have already emailed him (the best way to alert him about urgent matters) hopefully he will find time to come around and fix it.

8 years ago
Out of curiosity, what is the name of your game?

Overflow CInt means it's trying to convert something to an integer, but the thing it's trying to convert is too long to fit.

8 years ago

The story's ID is 32960.

8 years ago

I don't know about that. I've deleted it and re-created it many times (just the opening info page) numerous times now, and I keep having the same problem. When I click on "game options," it comes back saying:

And the same error message when I click on "Add a link."

Annoying, because I've already written the whole thing now! I wrote it in MS Word, so all I have to do, when this gets working again, is copy/paste it in.

Whenever that happens...

8 years ago
Interesting.

I guess no new games until alex changes that then. Alex probably never expected there to be over 32000 storygames created, haha.

8 years ago

There is a way ackway to access deleted storygames. I've done so myself. Since none of them are really deleted, I'm guessing, the burden on the site might be noteworthy.

Also just created one to see if I could. Nothing seems to be the matter with it.

8 years ago

Well, I'm happy for you, but I still can't edit my story. I can create the first page, but then when I click on the button that says "add new link," and a window pops up saying:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

And the same error message as I pointed out above when I click on "game options."

Been this way for a day and a half now...

8 years ago

Just use the advanced editor.

8 years ago

Attempting now. I've never used it before, though, and though it does seem to be free of bugs, it's soooooo much more complicated! This is not a story that requires the advanced editor. I'll do my best, though...

8 years ago

It's really, really simple. Besides, you don't have to use the extra features that the advanced editor has.

8 years ago

Yeah, I got the hang of it. But now it's telling me I can't publish because I created it less than 90 minutes ago!

I didn't create it less than 90 minutes ago, I spent a day and a half writing it, I just did in in Word and copy/pasted here! Geez, if it's not one thing it's another!

8 years ago

You generated the  file recently. It's set up that way so that people can't spam the new games section. Once the site recognizes it as old enough you'll be able to publish it without qualms. Sorry it's being a tad inconvenient. 

8 years ago

Use that time to give it test play. Make certain everything's working as intended. Sure, that limitation might not apply to you, but it's there to prevent the publishing of games that took no effort to make.

8 years ago

....A day and a half?

That's not very long at all.....

8 years ago

I wrote my story in about that time...

8 years ago

All right, that got it. It's finally up. Here it is:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/zombie-survival-guide-game-part-1~3a-weapons

8 years ago

My very first thought is that it should probably be in the Fan-Fiction category.

8 years ago

Don't split your story into segments.