Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

i joined yestarday and I don't have any ideas Help

8 years ago

Hello, I am Akhira.  

I joined yestarday but I have no idea what to do...HELP ME PLZ

8 years ago

You can rate and comment on games, make your own storygame, or look inside these forums.

8 years ago

Hello welcome to the site.

I don't see what your problem is.

I see that you are a WC fan. Just FYI, WC games are no longer accepted (see the News and Info forum)

i joined yestarday and I don't have any ideas

8 years ago

I know, this is why I don't know what to do. I was working on a wc series, but I want my work to be seen, and I don't wanna be banned. Tring to a id by these new rules I am tring to figure out what to storygame next...any ideas?

8 years ago

Got any genres you'd like to write, like fantasy, Sci-if, Etc.?

8 years ago

I am a fan of fantasy

8 years ago

Now, do you like writing about wars, or day-to-day life, or adventures, or have you got something else in mind?

8 years ago

Well I don't really know, but I know that I don't care for writing about wars, or day to day life

8 years ago

Hmm... Mythical creatures?

8 years ago

I also have an other idea I have had! When I was younger I wrote a story about my brother's puppy taco. The story revolved around taco, and how her life went. I made it like she was human, with her going to school and such.     And then recently, me and my brother watched pewdipie play an anime game called corps party, where a bunch of high schoolers went to this school that had two copies of itsel. The kids did this charm thing that put them in basic the corrupt, huanted, bad version of the school where a bunch of kids die, and get poses ed and kill themselves, things like that.

I had the idea of combining those two somehow. What do you guys think?

8 years ago

That ... sounds interesting. I'm not entirely sure how that would work out. Are you ... planning on making a puppy into a human? If so, why not just make a regular human? We don't really know "Taco" (except our dear TacocaT, she's another member here) and it wouldn't be easy for you to establish a connection between her and the reader. Taco is also a bit of a bizarre name for a protagonist. On the other hand, if you want to make a school of anthros, it would be intriguing, I suppose.

It's certainly unique, at any rate, I'd just really give a lot of thought as to what you want to do with the plot of your story and how it will come across to your audience, kay?  

8 years ago

A puppy taco sounds delicious.

But maybe a story of your own, with your own characters and setting and such? Have a look around at some of the featured stories maybe, to see the kind of thing other people are writing.

8 years ago

If you want it to be seen, try posting it in a Warriors community.

(not another writing community, let's not spread the plague >_>)

Try writing something else besides WC. If you can't and want to stick to fanfiction, just be sure it isn't WC.

8 years ago

To be honest so far the only things I am interested in currently is WC, participating here CYS and disney movies... :(

8 years ago

Create your own disney princess and write a story about her. Maybe even a Disney prince. 

8 years ago

Thanks for the idea, but I am kind of a tomboy.... and I don't care fore princesses. Any other ideas?

8 years ago
Merlin the wizard holding a game show about how to choose the best king for England.

8 years ago

Haha ok I will give it go, will you help me though? I will make you my coauther for it.

8 years ago

How bout a dark souls or lord of the rings fan fic if you like fantasy. 

8 years ago

That didn't even cross my mind! I will definatly give that a go!

8 years ago

Wicked. I can't wait to read it

8 years ago

A Disney prince would be a nice change of pace. Disney royalty (born royalty, mind you,) seems to be either useless, dull, evil, or otherwise just sort of stupid if they're not princesses: Prince Florian was very boring, Charming was boring and couldn't even be bothered to go find his own future bride, Prince Eric wasn't bad per se--but he wasn't interesting, either, Prince Philip was dull and would've been useless without fairies, Naveen was idiot playboy and--in his own words--a leech ... the born royal prince that I ever really liked was Prince "Adam" AKA "Beast" and I liked him because, though he was a jerk and arguably gave Belle (one of my more favored princesses) Stockholm's, he was a freaking beast. It was cool. :P He beat up a pack of wolves with his bare hands. Aside from that, I felt really sorry for him.

See, if you do the math, he was eleven years old when he was cursed. A child. Who, yes, turned away a total stranger who came to his door in the middle of the night who offered him a flower to sleep in his house. >_>' The sorceress didn't curse him because he was spoiled, she cursed him because she was crazy. No sane, responsible child would've said yes to her, especially if his parents weren't around. (Also, why was a prince, let alone a child prince, answering the door of his castle alone in the middle of the night? Isn't that the butler's job?) He grew up never even seeing another human being his own age and the first one he meets, he's pushed into falling in love with her and being charming all while in that body, with that face, or else both he and everyone around him are doomed to never be human again? Wow. No pressure, huh? >_>

8 years ago

To be fair, I think it's more that nobody in the writing department thought that timeline through, then that he was actually intended to be a little kid at the time. Ages ago I read something by some guy picking Disney movies apart (an admirable and efficient use of his time...) and IIRC there were all kinds of issues with chronology in that movie. Something about the way the seasons progressed.

It's magical fantasy France, okay, don't think about it too much.

Even thinking about RL France that hard is dumb.

8 years ago

I wish you were right, but they did think about it and didn't care. >_>' In the (direct to DVD quality) sequels, they show the prince answering the door as a child in a more 'acted out' sequence of his backstory. :P Disney highlighted its own insanity. 

Yes, it's a French fairytale, but Disney knows better. They didn't kill off Ariel and turn her into seafoam, they didn't give the evil stepmother of snow white iron shoes to dance herself to death in agony, and they didn't cut off Cinderella's stepsisters' toes or heels. Their adaptations were made to be kid-friendly. xD "Let strangers into your house in the middle of the night because they offer you pretty objects" is not a good lesson for any child. :P

8 years ago

And also, when he was answering the door he was around the age of 11. He would obviously know the "stranger danger" policy.

8 years ago

Goody ... did you read my first post about this at all? xD

8 years ago

Sorry, really tired, skimmed through. XD

8 years ago

Got'cha.

8 years ago

Again, I'm sorry. *Curtsies*

8 years ago

Lol, don't worry about it.

8 years ago

But those movies would have all been so much better if they had!

Hadn't realized about the sequels. Never seen them, mostly don't acknowledge their existence, and I'm okay with that.

8 years ago

xD Not going to argue that one.

:P I'll bet! I'm rather sorry I was subjected to them, myself.

8 years ago

I always assumed everyone that got cursed stayed the same age they were when the curse happened.

8 years ago

Then you were never subjected to any of the canon, but god-awful sequels. I envy you. It specifically shows the scene where the prince turned away the witch, and he was--quite clearly--a kid. Besides, why would his birthday matter if he never aged? It was a pretty big plot point of the first movie, after all.

8 years ago

You're not going to be banned trying to publish a WC story. lol. 

8 years ago

I know but if they are getting rid of WC stories, then I need to fine something else, or leave. Maybe in a like a year or two I will have made a realy good WC storygame, and I will puplish it then, and only then, to help prevent plagueing CYS with WC stuff.

8 years ago

How considerate of you. 

8 years ago

Spending such a length of time completing, proofreading, and improving your storygame will definitely improve your chances of getting a good rating.

8 years ago

I agree, have you played the wal*mart game? I just fininshed it, it is good.

8 years ago

Yep.

8 years ago

Yeh, that was a good game. You should try "dungeon stompage".

8 years ago

Ok. I will tell you.  What I think when I'm done :]

8 years ago

Wicked

8 years ago

It was fun! I got a little lost after I retrieved the book though

8 years ago
Welcome to the site.

As for something to do -- you could always spend time reading some of the vast number of stories on this site -- and that might give you ideas as well for things to write about.

8 years ago

Good idea, I will get on that!

8 years ago
Welcome to CYS!
If you want more ideas than you could possibly ever use, check out TV Tropes.  You can click the Get Random Trope! button at the top of the page for a new random trope as many times as you want until you find something that interests you and then run with it.

Good Luck!  :)

8 years ago

Thank you! I shall definatly ttry that!

8 years ago

Also I need help with pictures. I do not  have a computer so I am using an old tablet I have, does anyone know how?

8 years ago

To upload a picture, go to My Stuff>>Pictures, and then you'll see a button to upload a picture. Make sure you saved the picture to your device.

All pictures need to be of certain dimensions. 600x500 pixels or less.

8 years ago

Ok thank you for your help bacon, if I have ferther issues I wI'll just messege you privately.......if..that..ok, with you..

8 years ago

You should try endmaster's necromancer story next as it is the best story on this site. ( in my humble opinion.)

8 years ago

Ok I will

8 years ago

Have you read/played eternal?

8 years ago

I have. It's quite good.

8 years ago

Not a problem.

8 years ago

Hello, Akhira. I'm Kiel, (as far as everyone here except one or two people is concerned) and it's nice to meet you. If you need assistance with story games or anything else, I'd be happy to help. PMing works best, for the record. If you don't know how to use that feature yet, though, the easiest way is to click a member's name to reach their page then click "send message" which is on the right side of their profile, usually under their dueling statistics. 

I'm glad to see that you're willing to branch out in writing. Fantasy is a marvelous place to start and is one of my favorite genres. I am currently finishing a fantasy story myself, and the two games I have out (a quiz and a puzzle / humor / horror piece) do have hefty amounts of fantasy in them. You might like them, and they are decently well rated, so you might learn a little from them, too. I heavily advise reading work from some of the well praised and highly rated games around here because you can learn a lot about what we, as a community, like to read and find up to specific standards. 

If you're concerned about practicing your writing, I may have some good news. I have considered restarting regular weeks of writing exercises which I used to host (as did Morgan before me, another of our well-versed members,) as soon as I finish my current project. If I restart them, it will be open to everyone, so you would be more than welcome.

Above all, I hope you'll have fun here. ^^

8 years ago
I remember a thread in which you sort of ish promised four months ago that you would maybe even host a contest... When's that coming around? After finishing the storygame and having started up the writing classes?

8 years ago

You mean Playa's contest? I have no idea what's going to happen with that. If you mean the fact that I want to host contests in general: When I get my member trophy, and as to when that will be, no freaking clue. (I'd also be balancing the writing exercises with writing Magick Academy...)

8 years ago
I did mean that contest, yes. But also in general. I would certainly be motivated to enter if I'd get your trophy.. ^~^ So, I only suggest one thing: write! Please. I'm also interested in the writing classes thing, if you're wondering. Other than that, looking forward to Magick, will see where that goes.

8 years ago

Hello keil,

Awe! thank you very much! I don't exactly know what your talking about, PMimg? I will definately read other people's work to learn, and also enjoy, it makes me happy to see what others are have done.

And not to put any presure, but I hope you decide to start hosting writing exercises. You are kind, and I am proud to be a part of  this community.

-akhira-

8 years ago

Ah. It's "Kiel" ... and you're welcome! Like I said, PMing (which means "Personal Messaging") works like this: "the easiest way is to click a member's name to reach their page then click "send message" which is on the right side of their profile, usually under their dueling statistics." So, try clicking my name, then click "send message" on my profile. 

I can understand that. If you'd like, you can go through the previous weeks of writing exercises and try out some of them for your own benefit in the meantime. I'd be happy to give you the links to them. It's good to hear that you're proud to be here. =D So am I.

8 years ago

Oh, ok, I have been PMing by going to My stuff-messages and then I type in their name, it works well for me. 

I think I will take a look at the writing exercises, I may just wait though. I am 13 and I plan on creating some amazing storygames, in the future, I know it will take practice, trail and error, and time.

8 years ago

Yeah, that's the other way to do it.

Well, the whole point of it is to practice, but that's fine, too. I have to finish up my current project anyway. It's good to see a young writer with a good grasp on the process. You're right, you need all of those things to hone your skills as a writer, no matter what your age. Good luck. ^^

8 years ago

Thank you, you have become an idle to me, and I greatly look up to you.

8 years ago

I'll give you a tip: Try to avoid posting in threads that haven't been posted in 5+ days.

8 years ago
Is it not okay to necro your own thread?

8 years ago

Kiel is always idle.

8 years ago

:P

8 years ago
It may seem that @Kiel_Farren might be stuck between gears, but the pages to the next featured game are being hammered out while the majority of us remain stuck in neutral.

8 years ago

xD Gears, in this case, meaning jobs. Considering I have two atm, they're keeping me hopping. But, yeah, still working on banging out those last few chapters.

8 years ago

Lol... that's kind of you to say, thank you.

8 years ago

Shouldn't this be in Writing Workshop?

8 years ago

Not really. It's a greeting thread / what do I to follow the rules thread, so it falls under "newbie central" territory, I'd say. Then again, I'm not a mod.

8 years ago

Well it's mostly asking for ideas for a storygame.

8 years ago

Right, but that's ... kind of thread derailing.

8 years ago

Hi, Butterclaw! Usually the first thing to do here on CYS is, well, this! Introduce yourself! But you've already done that. How about making a storygame? Those have good benefits as well. Although, do not create any warriors games or your game will be deleted. 

I'm happy to help you with any problems here on the site.

8 years ago

Oh I know, you should thank blufur, I asked her for help on my WC project and she educated me about how Dc was pretty much banned.

She is very loyal to CYS, and a good friend to. I am now working on a storygame with shadow_strider, it is about zombies, and it is based off of a game my older brother's play. Btw's I am only 13, so I plan on producing storygames that make you think otherwise.

P.S Sorry for my terrible spelling, I always make sure to edit and revise and proofread my storygames till my dictionary melts.

8 years ago

So, You probably don't know me, (as I am a pretty idle member of CYS) but I read through (a bit) of this forum and wanted to welcome you to the site and ask how that story is coming along.