Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Newbie used Hi! It was not very effective.

7 years ago

So anything you can tell me about the community or storygames? Any recommendations?

7 years ago

The top stories listed on the Storygames page, and the other stuff by most of those authors are generally what's recommended. Other than that, have a browse through the help articles and get to know the community a little before you do anything dumb like post part 1 of a terrible Warrior Cats fanfic the first day you join. (for example)

7 years ago

Matt used Welcome!

Welcome to the site. Read the help & info for a grasp on some of the stuff around here. Feel free to shoot me a PM if ya want to talk. :)

7 years ago
If you're here to read, the main Storygames page is what you are looking for.

If you are here to write, the Help & Info section is your friend.

Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here!

7 years ago

Zag uses Warm Hug!

The n00b gains 10HP!

Hey there, you can cal me Zag. I recommend playing Dungeon Stompage. it's one of my favorite storygames. The community is great, we really have a cast of characters. Just don't try and start any arguments and you'll get along fine. :)

Have fun here! I really hope you stick around, and don't fade into oblivion like most n00bs.

7 years ago

Endeavour uses Excessive Friendliness (+250 Group Defense)

Yo! Yo! Yo!

You can also refer to people like Kiel_Farren and such (the Mods).

7 years ago

Kiel used Admin Power--it was super effective! 

Welcome to CYS. I'm one of the more active members of the admin staff here, so feel free to PM me if something goes wrong or you need assistance with something big.

Otherwise, there's the forums themselves, we have a pretty helpful community here on the whole. (Just don't ask us for marital advice, political opinions, or about belts / jars, please.) as Mizal hinted, the Help and Info section has articles filled with advice on every subject you may have questions about. 

7 years ago

Kiel here is a Gym Leader... Defeat him for badges!

7 years ago
Now that sounds like a plan. I better take my magicarp to him in battle! That'll teach him for sure.

7 years ago

Raven uses salute!

Welcome aboard, rookie. Hope you get a good time here.

7 years ago

Tuber Sky uses Welcome! I could tell you a bit about the community and storygames, but it really should be experienced for yourself! Enjoy your stay here and feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)

7 years ago

Welcome to the site. I hope your behavior won't be onix-acceptable. Some people here can be a bit Krabby and some are pretty Farfetch'd, but I think there is a Chansey you will have fun.

7 years ago

Thanks for the advices! I'll take a look around. :)