Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!

7 years ago

Hello everyone,

The name's StrykerL and I'm a full time solo indie gamedev-in-the-making working from India. I'm working on my first Sci-Fi storygame, Reclaiming Earth, and hope the have that out in a month or two. EndMaster's world building, and the flow of his storygames are what led me to the site, and into deciding to make my first few projects as text heavy storygames. I have a post on one of my game concepts, Floatstones now correctly in the writing workshop section, so if you'd be kind enough to add your thoughts, it'd be mighty appreciated.

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Cheers, StrykerL

Also, what are Sanctions? I have two already, and I do not know if that's a good thing or not >_<

Hello!

7 years ago

Also, what are Sanctions? I have two already, and I do not know if that's a good thing or not >_<

First victim! I'll probably change the name. They're a good thing. More here: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/news-and-updates/message/21200. They've only existed for like an hour.

Welcome aboard! What's your favorite Endmaster story? Mine's Ground Zero.

Hello!

7 years ago

Ah, that's a relief, perhaps something more positively worded like 'Endorsed' would be a bit nicer to hear :). I started with Ground Zero, and when I realized that going into the solo shelter and the group shelter (after having reached the endings in the solo shelter) were two entirely different event trees my mind slightly imploded in awe. From there I got hooked onto the other works, and Eternal captivated my mind with all the different possible endings starting from the one simple decision of how to respond to Mistress early on. It's been really interesting seeing the quality of EndMaster's work grow since his originals, and how he(?)'d experimented with different concepts along the way before settling down into their current groove of no-items, no-scripting, pure, impactful storygames.

Hello!

7 years ago

Agreed. Eternal is like ~650,000 words too, so it's truly engrossing.

Endorsed was what they were originally called, and what they're called in the codebase, but this isn't LinkedIn and we can find a cooler name. Let me know if you come up with something!

Hello!

7 years ago

Roger that, had mulled over Upvoted/Highlighted/Featured/Noted but they all seemed too 'meme'-y / gimmicky. Endorsed felt like the last refined word left in the lexicon, but if something else strikes me, I'll let you know :)

Hello!

7 years ago
Welcome to CYS - and good luck with your projects. :)

Hello!

7 years ago

Welcome aboard :)

I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavours on this site, whatever they may be.

Hello!

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia!

Hello!

7 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome @JJJ-thebanisher @BerkaZerka @TharaApples and @Naomi14 !
If you have a minute, I'd sincerely appreciate your thoughts on my first work, it's shaping into a four act saga (will probably launch the first two and second two separately)

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/writing-workshop/message/21201

Hello!

7 years ago

I already saw it, it looks good. :)

Hello!

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia bro! Hope you have a fun and productive career on the site!

Godspeed in your future endeavors! 

Hello!

7 years ago

Hello!

7 years ago

Does that trigger you?

Hello!

7 years ago

It gives me LIFE

Hello!

7 years ago

Should I be rejoicing?