Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm New... But I'm Also Familiar

7 years ago

Hi, guys.

Long time... no see.

For those who probably don't remember me, I was JDog back in the old days, when this was MyAdventureGame.  I left about, oh... 8 or 9 years ago, and forgot about this chapter of my life.  But, lately... I've been thinking about something.

And that something is... how to make right with my storytelling, and the ability to immerse the reader into something that was actually interesting and not something that insulted your intelligence.  The first thing I did was delete all my stories.

So... why did I delete all my stories?  Well, I'm very embarrassed by them, due to the fact that they were more or less ramblings of an autistic teenager whose brain had not fully developed as far as awareness and merely wanted to cram pop culture references for the sake of it.  That is one of the reasons why my stories sucked so badly, and for sanctity, please, for the love of God, don't bring them up.  I already fought so hard to forget them.

But... I wanna make it all up to ya guys!  My masterpiece was The Cave, and I intend to reboot it, but instead of randomness, I want to incorporate an actual story with actual RPG elements.  Plus, you can create your own character and use him or her in your tale!  And, best of all, ALL original characters in my story!  I want to incorporate characters of my own design from my own imagined universe, and detail how life works.  I intend to do this to both improve my writing skills, and to one day be finally able to curry over into a comic serial.

This won't be a walk in the park for me; it'll take a few months, but I intend to make the best game possible, and show you all how this numbnut managed to create awareness of his surroundings and was capable of telling a tale worth reading over and over again.

7 years ago
Welcome back. This site has changed a lot in those 9 years when you were gone, just take a look around. Hope you'll be able to fit in fine. Good luck with your story!

7 years ago

Hello and welcome back to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the new stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also wish you the best of luck on your upcoming storygame! I also recommend that you take a look through News & Updates to find out what has changed with the site recently.

7 years ago

I was very guilty of a lot of these lazy traits.

And I'll check it all out.

7 years ago

Hello, and welcome back! All the best for your writing! 

You're welcome to share samples in the Writing Workshop if you want quick feedback on a specific piece or idea. There's also a nice article section you may like.

All the very best for The Cave's new incarnation

7 years ago

The dramatic re-entry of someone I've never heard of. I wish you luck in your endeavors, ancient one.

7 years ago

Heh, I'm only 27, brah.

But, a decade is a decade, no matter how you slice it.

7 years ago

I was exaggerating the fact that you came from CYS when it was so new. :)

7 years ago

Hey man! Long time no talk. Welcome back. I'd suggest starting with a smaller project and getting your feet wet, but I'm excited for what you produce!

7 years ago
Welcome back, hope you enjoy your time here this time!

7 years ago
Glad to see the old guard returning from time to time to do some real storytelling!

Welcome back and good luck with your projects ^v^

7 years ago

Hello and welcome back! I wish you the best of luck in writing!

7 years ago

Hello and welcome back! You sound pretty familiar. I believe I've seen an article by you, and a few storygames :)

7 years ago
JDog welcome back! Hope you enjoy your stay!