Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New here!

7 years ago

Hi! I'm Daben, and I joined to read, rate, and create choose-your-own-adventure stories! Definitely looking for feedback and critique when I finally finish what I'm working on, but for now I'm looking for tips from veterans and skilled writers. I want to be able to improve my writing abilities through creating my own original content and by reading the original content of others! Glad to have found this community. yes

New here!

7 years ago

welcome to the site my dude. it's nice to see a lot of enthusiasm from new members.

New here!

7 years ago

Hello and welcome! If you need any help, feel free to ask me :)

New here!

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, one in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL. One resource mentioned in particular is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

New here!

7 years ago

Welcome. Don't let your flesh rot and decay from the fanged knats viciously tearing at your fragile skin and muscle tissue as your blood pools below you like a pond and your neck gets jacked up by a bloodthirsty demon.

New here!

7 years ago
Eh, you seem normal.

...maybe TOO normal. Welcome but I'll be watching you with moderate suspicion.

Anyway, have fun, and be sure to take some time to read some of the top rated games to get an idea of what the possibilities are and of the quality level readers are looking for. The Writing Workshop is the place to go for feedback and advice on your own work (I'd recommend paying it a visit before publishing your first game), and in the Creative Corner there's a weekly prompt thread you're welcome to participate in if you feel like a fun writing exercise.

Welcome!

7 years ago

Welcome to Chooseyourstory.com. We're happy to have you here, and we look forward to reading something from you in the future. Since you're new, I recommend reading through the articles in the Help & Info Section. Have a nice day!

New here!

7 years ago

Welcome to Cystia! Wish you luck on your stories and future endeavors!

New here!

7 years ago

Love the new profile picture.

New here!

7 years ago

I use it for welcoming new people to make a good impression :)

New here!

7 years ago

Thomas the train...

New here!

7 years ago

The way it's framed in the square avatar it looks like a giant block of tofu with a face.

New here!

7 years ago

A very creepy, giant block of tofu.

New here!

7 years ago

I think he actually got that tofu face from me back in some old Yugioh thread.

New here!

7 years ago

Yeah, I agree. I think he did.

New here!

7 years ago
Howdy!

New here!

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia! Happy reading and writing! I look forward to seeing your stories.

New here!

7 years ago
Welcome aboard, I hope you write great stories and participate in the community.