Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New writer.

7 years ago

Hey all! I'm new here and I am looking forward to doing my best to try and create my own adventure story. We only adventure story I have played, besides the standard cyoa of youth, is the Lone Wolf series. Anyway I hope I can make something worthwhile for you to enjoy. Hope to have something soon.

New writer.

7 years ago

Oh, the Lone Wolf series is really good ^_^

Anyways, welcome! I hope you like the site and make some very good CYOAs.

New writer.

7 years ago
Hello there, member number 40040, welcome to the site! To learn the standards on this site, read the featured stories. I hope they will help you with getting ideas for your story, too! Most importantly, have fun! Oh, and ignore the number, it's not accurate anyway. :)

New writer.

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, one in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL. One resource mentioned in particular is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

New writer.

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

New Writer.

7 years ago

Welcome to Chooseyourstory.com. We're happy to have you here, and we look forward to reading something from you in the future. Since you're new, I recommend reading through the articles in the Help & Info Section. Apparently you're dyslexic, so I wish you luck with your writing and I'd be very willing to proofread something if you need it. Have a nice day!

New Writer.

7 years ago

Banner is the generic welcome giver!

New Writer.

7 years ago

Can there not be more than one?

New Writer.

7 years ago

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

New Writer.

7 years ago

But the welcome isn't generic because it talks about the OP's dyslexia. I'm still the unchallenged king of the copy & paste!

New Writer.

7 years ago

@MinnieKing

He is correct. My welcome isn't generic.

New Writer.

7 years ago

Why did you tag me

I already get a notification when you post in the thread.

New Writer.

7 years ago

I wasn't sure if you were watching the thread, since many users keep the box unchecked in their profile settings.

New writer.

7 years ago
Your avatar is a bit too on-the-nose for us to really believe you are new.

But have fun (and here's some rope).

Welcome!

New writer.

7 years ago

I'm not new to the Internets, just to this site. I never claimed otherwise. ;)

New writer.

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to Cystia! Good luck on your writing and future endeavors. Here, have a few inspirational stories!

If you have any questions about this site, feel free to PM me, or any other member for help. This might be obvious, but never give out personal information, or your password to anyone on this site. It would also be a good idea to take a glance at the Help & Info section of the forums, particularly in the awesome articles made by other site members! This is a good starter article, as it displays numerous helpful information at this site, and can be counted as an archive.

Lastly, have this beautiful face to 'inspire' you.

Thomas The Train

New writer.

7 years ago

New writer.

7 years ago

Shh...

New writer.

7 years ago

...meh. You can't freak me out that easily, I largely lack any sense of the uncany valley.

New writer.

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia! Happy reading and writing! I look forward to seeing your stories.

New writer.

7 years ago
Hello, and welcome. Here's to hoping you write great stories and don't turn out to be another alt (we've been having an invasion of them lately, unfortunately).

New writer.

7 years ago

Why would somebody make alts here?

New writer.

7 years ago

To troll after being banned.

Or if you're Ford, you spam 4-letter accounts just to make 4-letter accounts.

New writer.

7 years ago

CYS has been dealing with trolls for over a decade now. One of the first was an account that started by the name 'Egg'. Cheers to trolls that used to at least try...

New writer.

7 years ago

Welcome!

I adore Lone Wolf, especially the Magnakai books. Such nostalgia. Hope you enjoy yourself here. I wouldn't worry about producing a storygame really quickly or anything, a lot of people here are yet to create one.

New writer.

7 years ago

I don't expect to have it done instantly, but thanks for the advice.