Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi there!

7 years ago

Hi :)

My name is Marc, I'm an indie game developer from France. I was wondering if I could create a topic somewhere on this forum to talk you about my game concept made with Unity (yes, it's a kind of advertising, to be honest I'm currently running a Kickstarter campaign, that's why I ask about it...). It is very focused on the story, dialogues, and is inspired by the point-and-click Blade Runner, released on PC in 1997, that's why I thought it may interest you. But if this forum is only about games created on the website, no problem, just tell me :)

Have a nice day,

Marc

Hi there!

7 years ago

Bonjour, monsieur(?), and welcome to CYS. You're welcome to share some of your writing on the Writing Workshop forum if you're looking for feedback on anything specific. You can also participate in various prompts and competitions in the Creative Corner and News & Updates if you want a chance to hone your writing craft (There's a Chaos Contest running right now).

All the best for your Unity game, however judging by the format you're working in (I haven't seen CYoA level branching in most point-and-clicks), I'm not sure this is the right website for the feedback you're looking for.

May you create stories worth remembering,

StrykerL

Hi there!

7 years ago

Thank you for your answer! Your French is perfect ;)

Hi there!

7 years ago
I made one for you; you were too slow.

well now there's two and mine is in the lounge which will get more attention except it's the worse formatted xD

Hi there!

7 years ago

Hey, thank you :) I have to check your post out!

Hi there!

7 years ago
Good Luck with your project~

Hi there!

7 years ago

Thank you :)

Hi there!

7 years ago

Bonjour! Comment ça va?

Your game sounds intriguing. I'd like to look into it later. If you really want to, go ahead and post about it--don't be afraid about it. If you need any help around the site, drop me a line for any questions or comments. Also, feel free to delve into the Help & Info tab for further assistance and tips.

Hi there!

7 years ago

Thank you! The post is in the Lounge Topic, feel free to check it out :)
Je vais très bien, merci ;)

Hi there!

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS! I hope you haven't come to this website just to advertise. If you're interested in actually participating in the community, these should help you:

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, one in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL. One resource mentioned in particular is a very good resource for designing a storygame.