Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi!

7 years ago

Noob story-writer here, any particular tips or info to recommend? Planning on making something big, but not sure how I'd go about using this site for the job, not to mention wanting to write other projects in the future. Nice to meet you all in advance!

Hi!

7 years ago

@Bannerlord I'm taking your job this time. :3 just this one time pls, banner

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Hi!

7 years ago

You stole his whole welcome message? xD

Hi!

7 years ago

Hey, @CrescentStar, don't join in our rivalry! Well... it was a rivalry until Banner stole all my links like a cheater. Anyways, here's my welcome message!
--------

Hello and welcome to Cystia! Good luck on your writing and future endeavors. Here, have a few inspirational stories!

If you have any questions about this site, feel free to PM me, or any other member for help. This might be obvious, but never give out personal information, or your password to anyone on this site. It would also be a good idea to take a glance at the Help & Info section of the forums, particularly in the awesome articles made by other site members! These is a good starter article, as it displays numerous helpful information at this site, and can be counted as an archive.

Before you go on submerge yourself further in the reading or writing world, you must read this article that shows proper forum etiquette. I highly advise you do this to avoid potential fights. Remember, do not feed the troll!

Lastly, have this beautiful face to 'inspire' you.

Thomas The Train

Hi!

7 years ago

Ay :D

Hi!

7 years ago
What's up with the influx of self proclaimed 'noobs' this week? Hardly anyone starts out great, we get it, no need to have as your introduction though. I humbly suggest you start small for your first story, and grow from there (excessive ambition was found to be the number one killer of motivation amongst surveyed first time authors above the age of 12). That said, all the best for your writing!

Hi!

7 years ago

not even I started out great and that's saying a lot

Hi!

7 years ago

Hmm... It seems Crescent has stolen my entire welcome message. I could possibly sue her for copyright infringement, but I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

But anyways, welcome to CYS. Or something.

Hi!

7 years ago

T-T I meant no harm, Mr Banner. :<

Hi!

7 years ago

Pssh. Your blatant stealing of our product will most certainly harm my brand name. But since you're a fellow architect, I'll let it by just this one.

Hi!

7 years ago
Welcome to CYS!