Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I have no idea what i'm doing here

7 years ago

So, i just signed up, though i'm completely lost. Life outside my cavern is strange.
I have been reading some stories here and decided to be a part of this, maybe even add something of my own? We'll see.

Also,it seems i'm stuck being an architect so i suck for some reason, apparently.

Anyway, that's it i suppose. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

7 years ago
Surprised no one's popped in with the usual greetings yet. Welcome to the site, have a look at some of the top storygames (wait you've already done that...), drop by the Writing Workshop for feedback and advice or the Creative Corner just for fun, and start small and don't rush when it comes to your first storygame.

...I think that covered most of it?

Oh right, and don't be an alt or a troll. Those last two are important.

NoOne has any idea what they're doing here

7 years ago
But... but... NoOne introduced themselves, who were we to respond to? (Blatant Odyssey reference)

7 years ago
welcome ^-^

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here and I hope you reach your goal of finding meaning.

7 years ago

Hai! ^-^ If you need help/wanna chat/whatever, PM me :D I will not be happy to help.

Take a look at this baby right here if you haven't already, if you plan to write a storygame. Oh, and the writing workshop and creative corner are great places to visit. :)

7 years ago
Good luck~

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read all of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

7 years ago

Thanks everybody. I've been slowly doing some preliminary writing, and i'll be sure to check all of your suggestions. 

7 years ago

Hello! I hope you have a nice time here ^_^