Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

Oh wow. Being new feels so scary and humiliating, people may laugh at me great!!!smiley Life is awesome!!!!

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago
Welcome to Cystia, hive of vile creatures ready to feast on any newbie hope you enjoy your time!

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

I sure will cool

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago
Welcome to CYS! Just because the word "cat" is in your name, I'd like to warn you that warrior cats are banned. If you don't care about WC, or already know this, then all the better! And don't worry, we are quite nice here. Don't be a troll and be ready to accept criticism and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago
*points and laughs at the newb trash the cat dragged in*

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

Hiya newbie! I hope you have a nice stay or become a regular member of this gem of a site. Be sure to follow the guidelines and have a good time.

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

thank you wink

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago
I'm sure you'll do fine~

BTW - what does a bubble cat avatar look like?

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

Ooohh Not sure

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago
This seems pretty spot on lol!

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

That looks more like a squid with a horn on its head.

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

Wut r u saying it's adowable

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

It is adorable :o

And welcome, bubblecat.

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago

Welcome! Hope you have a fun time!

Wow. Im a newbie.

7 years ago
Commended by BerkaZerka on 4/11/2017 10:57:58 AM
Oh right, forgot to put my standard advice in here about not rushing out your first game. There's no time limit, and it's usually a good idea to read and review some of the top rated games and only publish one of your own when you have something published you can be proud of. Though it's fine if your first game is small, the quality and level of polish is what matters more.

Newbies always seem to want to either immediately jump into some massive epic they're never going to finish, or spend about half an hour stapling together something random and half-assed that will just get removed anyhow because it sucks.