Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hey there!

6 years ago

Hello to anyone who's reading! I just made an account and I'd just like to introduce myself to everyone. If anyone has some tips to offer that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

-DungeonLord

Hey there!

6 years ago
Welcome to cys~

Hey there!

6 years ago

Thanks! (By the way I like your profile pic)

Hey there!

6 years ago

Hello and welcome:)

Hey there!

6 years ago

Thank you! :)

Hey there!

6 years ago
You wrote multiple grammatically correct sentences, so that's a good start.

I always recommend spending some time reading and reviewing the more popular stories on the site before jumping in to make your own game, just to get an idea if what's possible and what readers are looking for. Also don't feel the need to rush out a sub-par game, take your time to write something of quality that's been proofread and polished.

If you spend a lot of time on the forum, eventually someone may push you down in the mud and step on your head a few times, but that and the pointy sticks are just how we say hello. Don't show any signs of weakness and you'll probably survive. :)

We usually have writing and poetry prompts going on in the creative corner if you want to get involved with those, or you can get more detailed advice and feedback on your stuff in the writing workshop.

Also, a contest for the summer has just been announced, if you're up for a challenge. I recommend betting the full 125 points, you can get the most reward that way.

Hey there!

6 years ago

Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the tips. 

Hey there!

6 years ago

Hello! :3 Welcome. ^_^ You're profile picture is suspiciously familiar... 

Hey there!

6 years ago
Yeah I thought so too but Berka checks IPs so...

Hey there!

6 years ago

Does someone else have this picture? I just found it off the internet...

Hey there!

6 years ago

I think someone else used it once. And a friend of mine used that as his Twitter profile pic at some point.