Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Introduction

6 years ago

My roommate recommended I join the site and at least lurk around, given how chaotic and funny it gets here at times. And write. Of course. 

I was going to go with the lurking option, but around twenty seconds of lurking around has given me the crazy idea of introducing myself before I fade back into the shadows.

I decided to choose the username “TryingHard” since it will most likely be the opposite of what I'll be doing. You can call me “Hard” or whatever variation of the name that you want, though.

I've already started one storygame, and I'm working on it. I have no idea what I'm doing and it'll be a horrible failure. Someone please help.

I'm not much of a writer, though I do it in my free time because I find it fun. I like to read. A lot. It's gotten to the point where roommate complains about all the books I leave lying around every single room of our home. But that's more of a side effect from me being careless with where I put stuff, rather than the reading. If you know any interesting books that you feel like I haven't read, please send me a PM or smth. I always need new books to read.

My favorite color is blue, my favorite number is 7, my favorite food is sushi, and I hate sweets.

Oh and my credit card number, the last four digits of my social security number, my birthdate, and my mother’s maiden name is hidden in secret coding on my profile. I wouldn't joke about this, and it's the internet, so of course all of this is true and you should all frantically scramble to my profile and try to find it.

This is most likely the worst introduction ever made, and I should be very ashamed

Introduction

6 years ago
Welcome and good luck!

Introduction

6 years ago

Thank you for the welcome, and I will hopefully put the luck to a good use. 

Introduction

6 years ago

\o/ you're here!

*wonders if I'm allowed to post a welcome*

Welcome xD

Yours was better than mine. Mine was like, 8 words or something.

Introduction

6 years ago

I win already! Mine was exactly eight paragraphs!

Introduction

6 years ago
Wait, this is a friend of yours? Damn Seto, good job, they seem pretty normal. Way better than the last one. You're getting better at this.

Introduction

6 years ago

Last one didn't exactly join with my permission or consent etc etc. >.>

Just over the shoulder looking <.< which is uncomfortable >.>

Introduction

6 years ago

At the moment you are my favorite newbie since your introduction has the most effort put into it in like, the last few months. Plus you actually have a sense of humor. Welcome.

Introduction

6 years ago

In the last few months my puny introduction has the most effort put into it? And here I was thinking this was a writing site. Anyways, thanks for the welcome, and it's nice to be a favorite. :)

Introduction

6 years ago
Hello, TH, welcome to the site. If you need help, there is Help & Info just for that. Many members will also be willing to help you, as long as you can survive some criticism. A Summer Slam Contest is taking place right now, join if you wish. Have fun!

Introduction

6 years ago

Thank you for the welcome, and I think I am past the point where I cannot survive a little criticism. I have been on the internet far too long to not develop this survival skill!  

I am sure I'll have a lot of fun here. My sense of humor has already been complimented once!

Introduction

6 years ago
Then you are already better from most of the children here. Just a bit before you replied I edited my post to add the link to the current contest, you can check it out if you wish. The more the better!

Introduction

6 years ago

A contest about superheroes? Sounds interesting, maybe I should stop writing about dragons and whip up something about superheroes. Or I could write about a superhero dragon. Or a spy dragon. That could be a thing.

Introduction

6 years ago

You and BradinDvorak should chat, pretty sure his storygames are all about dragons too.

Introduction

6 years ago

Well, look who I see in the "Who Is Online" list below. I should play some of his storygames.

Introduction

6 years ago
You could write about a dragon. There's nothing saying the prompt is specifically about superheroes, just good guy protector sorts.

Introduction

6 years ago

True! I kind of want to do a test storygame first, get some criticism on it, and see how I can improve before I tackle a contest.

Introduction

6 years ago
why 7?

Introduction

6 years ago

I'm not sure, and it's probably connected to a deep, psychological, traumatic event that happened when I was seven...or something.

Or I just like the way it looks. 

Introduction

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Introduction

6 years ago

Welcome, fellow newbie~

Introduction

6 years ago

Same to you, fellow newbie! 

Introduction

6 years ago

Well, hope enjoy your stay. ^^

Introduction

6 years ago

Heya there! It's nice to have a Hard on this site.

I hope you have many wonderful games of varying degrees of greatness, or you could just chill out from the dark depths of ghostyness and reply once every blue corn moon. Sushi is cute and delicious! Unless it's not, of course.

Introduction

6 years ago

Can I do both the "have many wonderful games of varying degrees of horribleness greatness, but still be a lurker? 

And I'm actually following the strict schedule of only speaking once every blue cheese moon. Blue corn moons are only for beginners!