Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Newbie/Hello :-D

6 years ago

Just wanted to say hi. Have been on the site for a while reading... and working on a gamebook. 

Great site and community!

Will publish my book soon... Like in a month or so? 

Anybody interested in a sneak peak to make sure I'm not going to make a complete fool of myself? LOL

Could use the last minute reassurance. ;-)

6 years ago
Hi, glad you decided to check out the forum!

I've noticed your name logged in quite a bit. The description of the game sounds like an interesting approach to writing. I suppose how well the whole concept is integrated into the story will be what determines whether it feels like an edutainment piece or a more traditional fantasy.

Just from a quick glance at the first few pages, I love the whole set up with the constellation and the dragon's eye as an explanation, but I'm not sure if a 'stop reading if you feel anxious' warning is exactly necessary, given anyone clicking around the site is going or reading stories anywhere else is going to find things a lot more intense.

From a technical standpoint, the writing seems fine. The only criticism I can bring up is that it seems you're going heavy on the ellipses in places they're not needed and don't really belong.

6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! Have been referring some patients to the draft already, but think I'll narrow it down to just a warning for people with panic disorder.   

Just read your profile. Will follow Grammarly's website and attempt to quit my addiction to ellipses. Thanks for the help!

6 years ago
Profile's kind of a wall of text right now, reminds me I've been meaning to redo it.

6 years ago
Well then, welcome to the site as a real member.

6 years ago

Thanks!

6 years ago
Welcome~

6 years ago

Thank you!