Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Newbcomer Here (Introduction)

6 years ago

Hello everyone, introducing myself as the mail said it would be a good idea to start things. Let me preface this by saying my group is a group of hunters/trackers/researchers with the main focus being hunting alongside of assisting in an ongoing war (Final Fantasy XIV). I came across this site and realized that it could possibly be exactly what I was looking for in terms of having adventures for people of my guild/free company. 

While I'm not sure if anyone here has done this before, I was wondering if it would be a cool idea/practical to have prewritten Roleplay events that people can pick up when I am not able to be present, responding in-game so any choices they make in the story on this website. The usual way I would do it is responding in-game to their choices in-game, but this would let them get their Roleplay on if they don't have any ongoing plots. In my head I feel like it could work, but I suppose I would need to see how it's executed first.

I will probably be searching about these forums to see if there is/was anyone else that did something similar as well as to read some possible ideas to brainstorm on later, but want to end this post by saying hello to the community and thank you for having me.

6 years ago
Roleplaying used to be a thing, then after time it was just distracting writers from writing actual storygames (the purpose of the site), so now it's banned. This is one of the best sites on the web for playing and making Choose Your Story Adventures, and I highly recommend the games in the Top Rated Games section. That said, you'll have to look elsewhere to get your RPing fix, though I hope there's enough here to pique your interest to this format instead.

6 years ago

Ah, I didn't know that, figured I could have written my own storygames for them to use when they wanted to and freeform in-game based on their choices, but if that isn't allowed anymore I suppose I can just enjoy the storygames on this site and maybe see if it helps with ideas of stories to do in-game. 

Thanks.

6 years ago

You can write a storygame based on your RPG campaign as long as it's a complete story. (I'm guessing that's what you mean) 

What was banned was actively role playing in the forums.

6 years ago

Ah, gotcha. Yeah it would be a complete story/campaign that would be able to stand on it's own, but would give them a story to work with in-game.

6 years ago
I'm having a hard time following the question in the OP there but welcome to the site?

Roleplaying on the forums isn't a thing anymore, but are you talking about creating these scenarios in an actual storygame that your friends could play?

6 years ago

Oh I didn't mean actually roleplaying on the forums, meant like me writing a storygame for them, having them play it on the browser/phone whilst also in-game, and roleplaying out their actions in-game.

6 years ago
Just put whatever you like in sneak peek and give them the link, however you wind up making this work out. As long as you're just talking a singleplayer thing the editor would theoretically work for this.

But make sure to not actually publish it onto the main site if it's not a complete story, or if it's something only your friends would get.

6 years ago

Welcome :3

6 years ago
Interesting choice of avatar and welcome~

6 years ago
Welcome. Wait, are you a group? Or are you IN a group? Or do you just have multiple personalities?

6 years ago
I'm wondering more about the cat ears myself.

6 years ago

Isn't that from that old anime Inyuasha?

6 years ago
Animes all look alike to me.

6 years ago

Welcome.