Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

new and looking for a mentor

6 years ago

hello popsicle here and im new to this kind of thing so i am wondering if someone would be willing to mentor me on the code like stuff. i have read the articles but i am still having troubles.  

6 years ago
I'd recommend just working on regular writing and making sure you have a good grasp on grammar, punctuation, capitalization and the like (especially if your post there is an example of your writing style...) as well as the basics of plotting a story before worrying about scripting tbh.

6 years ago

im honestly much more careful when i actually write then when im just posting something or leaving a comment.  but think you for the helpful tip

6 years ago

I hope you aren't serious. If you don't have the skill, habits, and simple courtesy to use proper grammar, punctuation, etc. then why should anyone volunteer to be your mentor? No one would want to (unless they're some kind of sick masochist) tutor someone who deosn't AT THE VERY LEAST use those basic skills when communicating.

EDIT: But this is the perfect place to learn. Welcome to the site.

6 years ago
Welcome to the site.

I suggest Mizal as a mentor, because she loves criticizing people. Oh, not what you're looking for? The best way, especially with code-related things, is to work to the point where you know (mostly) what you're trying to do, then make a post with specifics in the Advanced Editor Forum. People who know the code and tricks monitor that forum quite often.

6 years ago
hi hi

6 years ago

I'm not sure what the purpose of having a mentor is, but if you want to private message me about anything feel free to do so. First, though, I want you to retype your original post using correct grammar, spelling, and capitalization.