Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Hi everyone! Pleased to meet you. Any tips for starting out and picking which stories to read? Thanks in advance :)

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Welcome. We have categories and such, so just pick your favorite and start reading. Or you could check out the list of top storygames on the site, because that's always a good place to start.

Top Storygames

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Welcome to CYStia. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to private message me. I would recommend EndMaster's games if you are alright with a little bit of sexual references and cursing, and if not... I'm not sure. I would start reading the romance category first if I were you. 

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Hello, new person. Tips wise, get a profile picture, something not too generic. Avoid anime pictures, or attempts to be cool, but try memorable. Clearly, a snake and a joker GIF is taken, but there's other options. If you're going to pop around the forums, don't get upset easily and speak your mind and you should be fine.

If you plan on writing, while there's a whole bunch of advice people other than I can give you, all you really need to know is that you shouldn't write because you want to be a writer or have storygames, but rather because you want to tell a story or make  a world you've been imagining. Also, the main difference between a shit story and a good one is pretty much just hard work. Oh, and finally, take criticism on board rather than personally, and you should be fine.

Anyhow, enjoy the site, new blood, hope you stick around.

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

What the hell do you have against anime Steve? Anime profile pictures are fine, it's just a type of art which some people like. 

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Nothing inherently. It's a thing like all others, although its fanbase tends to have a generally shitty portion that speaks pretty loudly. Still, I liked the anime Seven Deadly Sins a lot, so I don't hate it. I even named two separate characters from their characters. Still though, anime profile pictures tend to make you look like the shitty portion of anime users, and also means you'll be indistinguishable from many, many other idiots on the site.

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

I'm glad to know that you don't hate anime. Do you like Fairy-Tail? :3 

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Only ever watched Seven Deadly Sins, nothing else. Although I'm feeling unusually forgetful, and I think I'm missing something.

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

If you like an action packed TV show, I would pick that. Tokyo Ghoul is a pretty depressing, but a good show after all so I recommend that to you. Or maybe.. Pokémon! *on cue, the theme song plays*  

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Oh, I suppose as a kid I watched Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh. So yeah, there's that. Oh fuck, and that one with the giants eating people, Attack on Titan, I watched that one and it was pretty good. So yeah, there's four.

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago

Attack on Titan is pretty good to be honest. I used to watch it. Ooh! Naruto and One Punch Man are alright. I usually watch the anime's either for the good plot or just for the music. Like, One Punch Man has an AMAZING piano cover called The Hero which I have fallen in love with. :p 

There's also a fantastic new anime called Shelter by Porter Robinson which is really touching, so watch it if you want to. 

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Dropping by to say hi!

6 years ago
Yo