Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New Prompt

6 years ago

Hi, guys! I would LOVE to get suggestions on new stories that I can write. Just a heads up if you want to tell me a prompt: I am best at action choose your own stories. THANKS!laugh

-thewhitefox

New Prompt

6 years ago

Well welcome, but no ones going to just give this to you. Storygames are supposed to be yours. Your ideas, your writing, your ability. Don't expect it to be given to you. You have to go out and get it for yourself.

That being said, people will be glad to help. 

New Prompt

6 years ago

Thank you! Since I'm a newbie, this stuff is totally new to me! I'm glad I learned this early!yes

-thewhitefox

New Prompt

6 years ago
If you're just talking about short stories, there's tons of old prompt threads in the Creative Corner and you're welcome to bump any that interest you.

Actual storygames, those require quite a bit more planning and work so it's best to go with an idea of your own you're really inspired about.

New Prompt

6 years ago
Also worth noting, there's fixing to be a contest over the month of December for writing storygames based on prompts that will be given out, and there's an unofficial one going on now that can be about anything, it just requires an LGBT protagonist.

New Prompt

6 years ago
Here you go:

You're traveling in a rental car when you hear the thumping of a flat tire. You pull over and discover the thumping is not coming from a flat, after all, but from the trunk. What or who is making the noise?

New Prompt

6 years ago

THANK YOU!

New Prompt

6 years ago

If you're going for prompts for writing a short story to get those creative juices flowing, I'm sure we can give you plenty, but if you're going for a full storygame, I wouldn't recommend it. It's always better to wait until you actually have a proper idea in your head and a story you actually want to tell, rather than just writing something to write and petering out.

If you're going through a bit of writer's block before you can even catch an idea, there's always a load of solutions, so don't worry. It should come naturally, eventually.

Oh, and no need to sign off with your name, we see it at the side. Not a big deal, just letting you know.

New Prompt

6 years ago

Isn't that something Flesh does?

"-Nate"

New Prompt

6 years ago

Yeah, but it annoys the shit out of me.

New Prompt

6 years ago

New Prompt

6 years ago

First of all, stick to the general font-size and Arial is usually the preferred font. Also, we won't give you any prompts, you have to develop the ideas and everything. We aren't going to do your work for you, so I suggest you get with the program. You should create your profile, find a good idea which you want to make a good story-game out of and then start writing. 

New Prompt

6 years ago

I'm sorry, but I'm new, and I can't know everything immediately. Also, no offense, but typing to people in that tone might sorta hurt their feelings. Doesn't really hurt me, but still saying "get with the program" isn't the nicest way to state it.

New Prompt

6 years ago

Knowing her I don't think she cares about peoples feelings.  XD

New Prompt

6 years ago

Ace, you don't even know me. In fact, I don't care about most of the people on this website which may or may not include you. I only care about the people who do collaborations with me, who give me advice on my books and who message me on a daily basis to play video-games with them. 

New Prompt

6 years ago

And EndMaster, of course.

New Prompt

6 years ago

Yeah. I care about nobody else. I mean, Steve, Mizal, Seto, MinnieKing are the only people which I admire on this site including my beloved lord, EndMaster. 

*bows down* All hail our mighty lord End! 

New Prompt

6 years ago

I have no idea how to take that. I mean, I'm very pleased that I'm apparently admired, but since Mizal, Seto and fucking MinnieKing are the other examples, I have no idea how to feel.

New Prompt

6 years ago
On second thought, maybe you shouldn't go wandering around the rest of the forum, or seek feedback on your writing. It would be unsafe, for your feelings.

New Prompt

6 years ago

If you're that sensitive, perhaps these forums aren't for you.

New Prompt

6 years ago

If you're that sensitive, this website may not be for you. There are plenty of childish CYOA's, just pick from one of them. You have to learn not to take everything personally. 

New Prompt

6 years ago

Ok, ok, I'm sorry. I'M NEW, OK!!!

New Prompt

6 years ago
And here is a site that I like for generating ideas. I don't often see an entire story, but those prompts can get the ideas flowing for me.

New Prompt

6 years ago
An alien abductee discovers a house.

An immoral daughter buys a white elephant.

When their organisation is shut down, a group of stranded aliens sell a tatty hotel.

An investigative reporter buys a rare beetle. The circumstances are begun by serious illness.

After a stuffy daughter buys a live Dodo they are pursued by a container of malfunctioning robots. Events are shattered by redundancy.

Fascinating.

New Prompt

6 years ago
@Bucky I found an amazing resource for your contest.

New Prompt

6 years ago
Going to pass.

New Prompt

6 years ago

Hah, I love this website already. 

*clears throat* Here are some of my brilliant ideas from a website which I can write an interesting story which will have readers hooked in.

A misunderstood carer interviews a sadistic boxer.

When a team-mate is injured, an asylum full of inmates go on the rampage.

A cat burglar has a day to track down a terrorist intent on mass destruction.

A blind wizard saves the life of an untrustworthy cable guy. The situation is made more complex by a championship.

A conman and a handsome gun runner become buddies to find a buyer for a flying circus. The situation is brought to a close by the discovery of the missing papers.

Okay everyone.. I now promise you that I will make a story-game featuring all of these worthless ideas as a joke. I'm serious. x3

New Prompt

6 years ago

Edit lock 

New Prompt

6 years ago

I'm actually working on this new story-game filled with these trashy plots. Stay tuned! x3

New Prompt

6 years ago

I can't wait x'D

New Prompt

6 years ago

You can be a beta-tester Seto. ^w^ 

New Prompt

6 years ago

:D Thanks!

New Prompt

6 years ago

I bet that End will take the game down. xD 

New Prompt

6 years ago

>~>

<~<

Is it going to be that bad? It can't be worst than my old story..I was the one who took that one down and it was up for a considerably long time x'D

New Prompt

6 years ago

I have no idea. Seto, do you actually want to co-write this shitty book with me? 

New Prompt

6 years ago

Hmmmm sure :3

I am great at writing absolutely nothing, after all. We'll be the perfect team \o/

New Prompt

6 years ago

XD 

Okay, I'll create the game. Everyone stay TUUNEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD! 

New Prompt

6 years ago

A manipulative conman and a detective become buddies after their organisation is shut down to solve a mystery.

An artist accidentally picks up a gun.

An unattractive little old lady rescues an incompetent group of misfits.

A pop star steals a time machine. The circumstances are encumbered by an opportunity.

Ehhhhhhhhh. I see something X'D

New Prompt

6 years ago
I'd like to know what other sorts of things people can accidentally pick up that plots can be centered around, but that's a pretty good one. Thank goodness it was a gun and not a bagel or I'd be stumped.

First and third aren't half bad tbh. I can see your next prompt thread already...

New Prompt

6 years ago

The first four, I can honestly think of something x'D
And I thought Sentinel was taking over for me...

New Prompt

6 years ago
I thought so too but then he got lazy. He's barely been around lately.

@ISentinelPenguinI Explain yourself.

New Prompt

6 years ago

Are writing threads that hard to host? ;P

Seriously, however. Since I've hit another writing slump (mainly the way to tie the climax to the ending. but hey! My story is at a healthy 718k words so that's all good...though I can't speak for the quality until I finish and move on to the editing stage *sighs* anyways) I could take them up again. X'D I'm not all that busy now.

New Prompt

6 years ago
718k? Is that a typo or are you aiming for a million words here, because damn. What story is this?

And I've thought about doing a prompt thread but then what if no one else posts in it? I can't handle that kind of rejection. :( :( :(

New Prompt

6 years ago

Not a typo x'D Honestly, didn't mean for it to be so big, but the story goes where the story goes. Back when it was only at 200k or so I meant to wrap it up, but there were so many unanswered questions, and the ending would have been a huge bleh so I gave it a few more words, and then a few more words became a few more hundred k words, and so it goes...

New Prompt

6 years ago
A new user asking for story suggestions and EndMaster not trumpeting the whole 'magic whistle' plot line?

Something must be amiss here.