Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!?

6 years ago

So first things first, name's Flash. I don't write pretty often since I tend to end things pretty fast. Anyways I hope I'll get along with everyone.

Hello!?

6 years ago

Was it just me or were you making a pun?

Hello!?

6 years ago

More or less, yeah

Hello!?

6 years ago

Bienviendio hola

Hello!?

6 years ago

Thank you!

Hello!?

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, here let me cover all the usual newbie suggestion recommendations:

Spend some time reading and reviewing a few of the Top Rated things to get an idea of the quality level readers are looking for. (And also just to enjoy some good storygames.)

Have a browse through the articles in Help & Info. You've already started a story so it's worthwhile getting a handle on the basics of scripting, it's a pretty simple system and may save you a lot of headaches later.

Don't be in a rush to get your first story out. Take the time to make sure it's complete (no 1000 word 'part one' or whatever, those never do well) and polished and proofread etc.

Also, it's usually best to start with a small story because if you're not familiar with writing CYOAs, they really start to get away from you after a certain point. Being practiced at writing (and completely) regular stories helps a lot with this however, as well as having at the very least a basic plan in mind for any major paths.

Hello!?

6 years ago

Thank you! I appreciate your tips.

Hello!?

6 years ago

Should've known this earlier T_T

Hello!?

6 years ago

Hoi hoi! You seem to have good grammar. That'll get you far. :3

Hello!?

6 years ago

thank you!