Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Wondering about first story thing rules and shit

6 years ago

Hi, I'm new and I'm making something that's a bit unconventional. Basically I've transcribed some monologues from an old British radio show and arranged them into a story game. I've tried to make it a kind of experience that's the tiniest bit more interesting than if i just put them somewhere on the internet but ultimately I didn't write, or especially edit (as I'd rather kill myself) any of these monologues. The reason I'm doing this is i just want to share out my love for these things and introduce them to the handsome people of this website.

I don't know if this would be fine, would it be fine?

(I have one monologue to finish but I put it on sneak preview mode (which I think means you can read it right?) so you can check it)

6 years ago
Unless these monologues are public domain, you will not be able to publish them on the site, due to our rules against plagiarism and copyright enforcement.

6 years ago

Fork me, is there anyway i can get around that do you think? I don't want to take credit for it or anything also it was originally on the radio and it was never written anywhere.

6 years ago
"old" and "British" are key here.

How old are they? What are the British laws related to them? And never written anywhere? I'm guessing someone wrote out the scripts before they read them on the radio.

But of course, bottom line is this is a tiny site on the Internet and no one cares.

That said, a quick Internet search revealed some archives available to the public on the Internet. That would imply that this information is now public domain, but maybe not.

But hey, if you make some changes you can simply call it fan fiction, or a derivative work, anyway.

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'll just call it derivative work and leave a link to the full transcriptions if anyone wants them.