Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago

I've been lurking on this site for quite some time now.. I thinks its already 3 years since I discovered this website, coming back here from time to time whenever I got nothing better to do. The first story I've read on this site was Eternal which made me an instant Endmaster fan, but Death Song is my all time favorite. But I like mizal's inseperable too!  I don't really have any talent on creative writing which is my greatest disappointment in life so most of the time i will be just lurking here, surfing through post to post keeping watch on people who calls other people names from time to time (which is a lot more entertaining than what you can watch in TV nowadays). So uhm.. yeah move along nothing to see here.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago

Hello!

Glad you joined the "We got accounts" people either way x'D

Hello everyone!

6 years ago

Hi! yeah another name on the list of "Who is online" on the bottom of the website lol.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago
I'm amazed you could read the forum for three years without ever registering to tell someone to stfu even once. Glad you liked my story though, and we always need more people rating and reviewing etc. even if you don't feel up to writing anything yourself.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago
The will is strong in this one.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago

A lot of self control helps I guess. and maybe playing MOBAs (mainly League of Legends) a lot in Southeast Asia helps a too. I'm just so used to toxic and retarded people that I am teamed up with all the time. And it's not that I don't feel like writing up stuff, it's just that I can't.. maybe once I start my classes with creative writing on my subjects next semester I'll start to have an idea on how to write stories.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago
Post a writing sample for something short in the Writing Workshop, say a flash fiction piece with a 500 word cap. If you do that, mizal and I will give you some tips. Once you understand the differences between good and bad writing, you can essentially put down rules for yourself that will drastically improve the quality of your writing by default.

If you have your writing principles down, even if your plot is cliche, it will be palpable to read.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago
Well take any specific questions you have to the Workshop, or like Bucky said, post samples. Quite honestly, grammar and an understanding of the basic story elements are all you need to put up something better than 80% of what we see around here. And most of that you've probably already picked up on just by reading a lot.

Hello everyone!

6 years ago
Salaad!

Hello everyone!

6 years ago
Hello, Dr. Nick!