Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Choose your own adventure books were part of my childhood. I'm glad this website exists. Thank you to all the authors here.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago
North or South? ;)

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Hello. I am from south korea .

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Hello. I am from north korea .

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago
Everyone knows you are from the Banana Republic.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Welcome to the site.  Did you have a favorite CYOA book?

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Hello. My favorite book here is Ground Zero by EndMaster. It has a fallout 1 vibe to it (my favorite game) . 

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

I meant from your childhood, but Ground Zero is a good one. :)

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Oh I see. My favorite Cyoa book is Return to Atlantis. I don't remember much of what it was about but I remember being mesmerized by it. 

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

I don't think I read that one specifically.  Or, if I did, it was just during school library time; I certainly never owned it.  I keep telling myself I'm going to order the books, bit by bit, and read them all.

Were they translated into Korean, or did you read them in English?

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

I read them in English. I used to live in America for a while. The libraries are so much better on average than those in Korea...I miss those big libraries.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

I have to admit, I don't know very much about South Korea.  Yes, big libraries are wonderful things, though I suppose a lot of people don't use them as much anymore since the advent of e-books and sites like Wikipedia.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Sadly, I have not much good things to say about my country . Although the internet is fast and the educational system is arguably better , there is too much stress imposed upon the average student. I have to retake the Korean version of SAT to get into a top tier university. It's hard but thankfully reading books here really helps with the stress .

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Probably a lot of stress in general because of the country to the north.  Fast internet is good.  And as much as SAT tests are hard, it's a common way to measure fitness for the Universities, something that I often have mixed feelings about.  Anyhow, are you going to school in Korea, or abroad?

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

I plan on studying in Korea . I lived here for a while now so i've become adjusted to the culture here. University is much cheaper also . 

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

One of my friends has a brother studying Computer Science at KAIST and to me, the amount of work you're expected to do seems incredible! Actually there are quite a few South Koreans studying here at Oxford who I know.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago
Welcome to the site!

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago
@spartacusthegreat Come talk Korean at this kid. It's like the one party trick you know.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Does @someone's name actually do anything?

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago
@Mynoris

It sends you a notification that you've been tagged in a post.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Whoa!  It actually does.  I wondered why people bothered to put the @ sign in the forums.  Thank you for the demonstration; I appreciate it.  (No, I'm not being sarcastic; if someone had told me without the example I would have asked someone to do it anyhow.)

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago
Welcome to the site.

Hello from Korea.

6 years ago

Welcome.